🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should guys be forced to date fat chicks?

How is it different? What if was just barter? How about trading favors? Isn't that's what's going on in a dating arrangement?
Dating isnt barter. I am going to have to assume you must have had bad luck in dating to take that stance. You date to get to know people. Thats the whole point of dating.

Sure it is. We meet each others needs. It's no different than any other voluntary association. The conceit that exchange of money is fundamentally different is bullshit. Bigotry is bigotry. If you think government should overrule our personal preferences, then at least be consistent.
You must be a real prize. Dating is not barter unless you are trying to bribe a woman to be with you. You also reveal your simplistic thought patterns by assuming that you can be consistent about anything. There are variables that affect different situations. For example a simple person would say if you kill someone that's murder. In order to be consistent in doling out punishment you would need to do away with the degrees of murder and manslaughter.

I'm still not seeing it. Why is it morally defensible to force someone to bake a cake, but not to take someone dancing?
Ones a business and the other isnt?

?

How does that answer the question? Why does "it's a business" make it ok to coerce someone to do something against their will? Why is trading your services for money fundamentally different from trading you services for companionship? Or love? Or sex? If you think bigotry is wrong why is it ok to exhibit when dating, or any other association with others not deemed "business"?

Dating isnt barter. I am going to have to assume you must have had bad luck in dating to take that stance. You date to get to know people. Thats the whole point of dating.

Sure it is. We meet each others needs. It's no different than any other voluntary association. The conceit that exchange of money is fundamentally different is bullshit. Bigotry is bigotry. If you think government should overrule our personal preferences, then at least be consistent.
You must be a real prize. Dating is not barter unless you are trying to bribe a woman to be with you. You also reveal your simplistic thought patterns by assuming that you can be consistent about anything. There are variables that affect different situations. For example a simple person would say if you kill someone that's murder. In order to be consistent in doling out punishment you would need to do away with the degrees of murder and manslaughter.

I'm still not seeing it. Why is it morally defensible to force someone to bake a cake, but not to take someone dancing?

?

How does that answer the question? Why does "it's a business" make it ok to coerce someone to do something against their will? Why is trading your services for money fundamentally different from trading you services for companionship? Or love? Or sex? If you think bigotry is wrong why is it ok to exhibit when dating, or any other association with others not deemed "business"?
Because a business should not deprive people of opportunity. If you offer services for the public then that includes everyone. If you want to only offer it to some people you have recourse by creating a private club. You cant morally or legally force someone to date a person they are not attracted to. Your confusion regarding this point is puzzling.

?

Because a business should not deprive people of opportunity. If you offer services for the public then that includes everyone. If you want to only offer it some people you have recourse by creating a private club. kYou cant morally or legally force someone to date a person they are not attracted to. Your confusion regarding this point is puzzling.

If you're a supporter of PA laws, I'm sure it is. I'm asking you to defend ad-hoc social engineering on grounds of moral principle, and you can't. There's no sound reason why it's wrong to "deprive someone of opportunity" in a business context, but ok in others. It's just a technicality hinging on the current interpretation of the commerce clause. If you can use government coercion to prevent bigots from discriminating in business, why wouldn't you want to do in other arenas?

You guys should probably lay off just a bit, about half of the women on this site are overweight women. You might be hurting their feelings. . .

Do you have any idea of how many young men go sexless during the peak of their youth because they don't have the personality that women desire in young men?

ANOTHER ladies’ night, not by choice.

After midnight on a rainy night last week in Chapel Hill, N.C., a large group of sorority women at the University of North Carolina squeezed into the corner booth of a gritty basement bar. Bathed in a neon glow, they splashed beer from pitchers, traded jokes and belted out lyrics to a Taylor Swift heartache anthem thundering overhead. As a night out, it had everything — except guys.

“This is so typical, like all nights, 10 out of 10,” said Kate Andrew, a senior from Albemarle, N.C. The experience has grown tiresome: they slip on tight-fitting tops, hair sculpted, makeup just so, all for the benefit of one another, Ms. Andrew said, “because there are no guys.”

North Carolina, with a student body that is nearly 60 percent female, is just one of many large universities that at times feel eerily like women’s colleges. . . .

Jayne Dallas, a senior studying advertising who was seated across the table, grumbled that the population of male undergraduates was even smaller when you looked at it as a dating pool. “Out of that 40 percent, there are maybe 20 percent that we would consider, and out of those 20, 10 have girlfriends, so all the girls are fighting over that other 10 percent,” she said.

Needless to say, this puts guys in a position to play the field, and tends to mean that even the ones willing to make a commitment come with storied romantic histories. Rachel Sasser, a senior history major at the table, said that before she and her boyfriend started dating, he had “hooked up with a least five of my friends in my sorority — that I know of.”. . .

Indeed, there are a fair number of Mr. Lonelyhearts on campus. “Even though there’s this huge imbalance between the sexes, it still doesn’t change the fact of guys sitting around, bemoaning their single status,” said Patrick Hooper, a Georgia senior. “It’s the same as high school, but the women are even more enchanting and beautiful.”

And perhaps still elusive. Many women eagerly hit the library on Saturday night. And most would prefer to go out with friends, rather than date a campus brute​

On a campus where there are 60 women to 40 men, many women would prefer to be single than to date the nice guys, nerds and dorks.

Nice guys to women are like fat women are to men. Sexual turn-offs.

So no, I don't see women as special victims here, this is just the nature of the sexual market place. Women are turned off by this guy:

gabe_nerd.jpg

And men are turned off by this girl:

happy-overweight-woman-dressed-pink-swimsuit-lying-white-background-35981330.jpg

?

Because a business should not deprive people of opportunity. If you offer services for the public then that includes everyone. If you want to only offer it some people you have recourse by creating a private club. kYou cant morally or legally force someone to date a person they are not attracted to. Your confusion regarding this point is puzzling.
If you can use government coercion to prevent bigots from discriminating in business, why wouldn't you want to do in other arenas?

Because its not business. I dont care that someone may not want me in their store. However, if they have a business I also dont want them getting tax breaks since they no longer are serving the public in its entirety. There is a reason that public and private life have different rules. Its because they have nothing to do with each other unless you sign a contract legally allowing your private life to affect your public/business life. Dating is strictly private. If you cant understand that fundamental concept there is no hope for you.

Last edited:
You guys should probably lay off just a bit, about half of the women on this site are overweight women. You might be hurting their feelings. . .

Do you have any idea of how many young men go sexless during the peak of their youth because they don't have the personality that women desire in young men?

ANOTHER ladies’ night, not by choice.

After midnight on a rainy night last week in Chapel Hill, N.C., a large group of sorority women at the University of North Carolina squeezed into the corner booth of a gritty basement bar. Bathed in a neon glow, they splashed beer from pitchers, traded jokes and belted out lyrics to a Taylor Swift heartache anthem thundering overhead. As a night out, it had everything — except guys.

“This is so typical, like all nights, 10 out of 10,” said Kate Andrew, a senior from Albemarle, N.C. The experience has grown tiresome: they slip on tight-fitting tops, hair sculpted, makeup just so, all for the benefit of one another, Ms. Andrew said, “because there are no guys.”

North Carolina, with a student body that is nearly 60 percent female, is just one of many large universities that at times feel eerily like women’s colleges. . . .

Jayne Dallas, a senior studying advertising who was seated across the table, grumbled that the population of male undergraduates was even smaller when you looked at it as a dating pool. “Out of that 40 percent, there are maybe 20 percent that we would consider, and out of those 20, 10 have girlfriends, so all the girls are fighting over that other 10 percent,” she said.

Needless to say, this puts guys in a position to play the field, and tends to mean that even the ones willing to make a commitment come with storied romantic histories. Rachel Sasser, a senior history major at the table, said that before she and her boyfriend started dating, he had “hooked up with a least five of my friends in my sorority — that I know of.”. . .

Indeed, there are a fair number of Mr. Lonelyhearts on campus. “Even though there’s this huge imbalance between the sexes, it still doesn’t change the fact of guys sitting around, bemoaning their single status,” said Patrick Hooper, a Georgia senior. “It’s the same as high school, but the women are even more enchanting and beautiful.”

And perhaps still elusive. Many women eagerly hit the library on Saturday night. And most would prefer to go out with friends, rather than date a campus brute​

On a campus where there are 60 women to 40 men, many women would prefer to be single than to date the nice guys, nerds and dorks.

Nice guys to women are like fat women are to men. Sexual turn-offs.

So no, I don't see women as special victims here, this is just the nature of the sexual market place. Women are turned off by this guy:

gabe_nerd.jpg

And men are turned off by this girl:

happy-overweight-woman-dressed-pink-swimsuit-lying-white-background-35981330.jpg
Thats a bunch of BS. Women are turned off by socially awkward men. Women love smart men that are confident and physical. Since women are the ones that do the choosing you can bet they will seek out what they want. Sorry to hear you are ignored by all women.

?

If you can use government coercion to prevent bigots from discriminating in business, why wouldn't you want to do in other arenas?

Because its not business. I dont care that someone may not want me in their store. However, if they have a business I also dont want them getting tax breaks since they no longer are serving the public in its entirety. There is a reason that public and private life have different rules. Its because they have nothing to do with each other unless you sign a contract legally allowing your private life to affect your public/business life..

???

I'm not sure what you're getting at - but if the issue is the assumption that you get to bully business owners in exchange for tax breaks - doesn't that seem corrupt to you?

?

Because its not business. I dont care that someone may not want me in their store. However, if they have a business I also dont want them getting tax breaks since they no longer are serving the public in its entirety. There is a reason that public and private life have different rules. Its because they have nothing to do with each other unless you sign a contract legally allowing your private life to affect your public/business life..

???

I'm not sure what you're getting at - but if the issue is the assumption that you get to bully business owners in exchange for tax breaks - doesn't that seem corrupt to you?
No. If you want the privilege of running a business you play by the rules. There are no rules regarding dating. I figured this is what you were trying to get to all along. Next time dont be such a wimp. Just come out and say you are mad because businesses cannot discriminate.

?

???

No.

Well, I guess that makes sense.

???

No.

I'm glad you finally got it.

Discrimination is bad, mkay?

No guy should ever be forced to date a fat chick. No woman should ever be forced to date a man with a small penis. It should be tattooed on their foreheads.

Contrary to popular belief--size does matter.

Man, I didn't think that we were ever going to find something that we agreed on.

No guy should ever be forced to date a fat chick. No woman should ever be forced to date a man with a small penis. It should be tattooed on their foreheads.

Man, I didn't think that we were ever going to find something that we agreed on.
It was all a diversion. He thinks businesses should be able to discriminate.

???

No.

Indeed. If people don't recognize that coercing favors out of people via the tax code is wrong, you just have to write them off as amoral cretins.

???

No.

Indeed. If people don't recognize that coercing favors out of people via the tax code is wrong, you just have to write them off as amoral cretins.
Its not a favor. You are privileged to do business. You get to write a lot of things off via taxes. Since you are privileged to do that then at the very least you will serve everyone that frequents your service in accordance to the law. You get no tax breaks by being an equal opportunity dater.

???

No.

Its not a favor. You are privileged to do business. You get to write a lot of things off via taxes. Since you are privileged to do that then at the very least you will serve everyone that frequents your service in accordance to the law. You get no tax breaks by being an equal opportunity dater.

Ahh, yes. Let's talk about 'privilege' and tax 'breaks'. Many of us have blithely bought into the sales pitch that tax breaks are "benefits" offered by a gracious government. But in reality, they are "benefits" in exactly the same way that Mafia sponsorship is "protection". In either case, we face coercive repercussions if we don't "play ball". You're right that it's not a favor, it's straight up extortion.

But since you raisef the issue, how's about if we simply offer tax breaks to guys who date fat girls? Surely, that would suffice your moral compass, eh?

It was all a diversion. He thinks businesses should be able to discriminate.

I know.

Some guys like fat chicks, therefore don't have to be coerced. Then again, fat chicks are the only girls some guys can get. It's also mostly inevitable, that after you have been married at least 20 years, that lithe athletic beauty queen you married will be fat. That's life.

Some guys like fat chicks, therefore don't have to be coerced. Then again, fat chicks are the only girls some guys can get. It's also mostly inevitable, that after you have been married at least 20 years, that lithe athletic beauty queen you married will be fat. That's life.

Please let us not speak of such things. Reality will inevitably come crashing down upon us, so no need to rush it or dwell on it.

Forum List

Back