Should guys be forced to date fat chicks?

You guys should probably lay off just a bit, about half of the women on this site are overweight women. You might be hurting their feelings. . .

Do you have any idea of how many young men go sexless during the peak of their youth because they don't have the personality that women desire in young men?

ANOTHER ladies’ night, not by choice.

After midnight on a rainy night last week in Chapel Hill, N.C., a large group of sorority women at the University of North Carolina squeezed into the corner booth of a gritty basement bar. Bathed in a neon glow, they splashed beer from pitchers, traded jokes and belted out lyrics to a Taylor Swift heartache anthem thundering overhead. As a night out, it had everything — except guys.

“This is so typical, like all nights, 10 out of 10,” said Kate Andrew, a senior from Albemarle, N.C. The experience has grown tiresome: they slip on tight-fitting tops, hair sculpted, makeup just so, all for the benefit of one another, Ms. Andrew said, “because there are no guys.”

North Carolina, with a student body that is nearly 60 percent female, is just one of many large universities that at times feel eerily like women’s colleges. . . .

Jayne Dallas, a senior studying advertising who was seated across the table, grumbled that the population of male undergraduates was even smaller when you looked at it as a dating pool. “Out of that 40 percent, there are maybe 20 percent that we would consider, and out of those 20, 10 have girlfriends, so all the girls are fighting over that other 10 percent,” she said.

Needless to say, this puts guys in a position to play the field, and tends to mean that even the ones willing to make a commitment come with storied romantic histories. Rachel Sasser, a senior history major at the table, said that before she and her boyfriend started dating, he had “hooked up with a least five of my friends in my sorority — that I know of.”. . .

Indeed, there are a fair number of Mr. Lonelyhearts on campus. “Even though there’s this huge imbalance between the sexes, it still doesn’t change the fact of guys sitting around, bemoaning their single status,” said Patrick Hooper, a Georgia senior. “It’s the same as high school, but the women are even more enchanting and beautiful.”

And perhaps still elusive. Many women eagerly hit the library on Saturday night. And most would prefer to go out with friends, rather than date a campus brute​

On a campus where there are 60 women to 40 men, many women would prefer to be single than to date the nice guys, nerds and dorks.

Nice guys to women are like fat women are to men. Sexual turn-offs.

So no, I don't see women as special victims here, this is just the nature of the sexual market place. Women are turned off by this guy:

gabe_nerd.jpg

And men are turned off by this girl:

happy-overweight-woman-dressed-pink-swimsuit-lying-white-background-35981330.jpg

What the hell? Dude's wearing a Star Trek outfit! :lol:

Discrimination is bad, mkay?

No guy should ever be forced to date a fat chick. No woman should ever be forced to date a man with a small penis. It should be tattooed on their foreheads.

Contrary to popular belief--size does matter.

Man, I didn't think that we were ever going to find something that we agreed on.
It was all a diversion. He thinks businesses should be able to discriminate.

I know.

I think the right to discriminate, to choose who you will associate with and who you will avoid, is a fundamental human right, one that we don't remit simply because we're 'doing business'.

I have long observed, in business, couples where the woman has been heavy...even VERY heavy and their hubby's very lean. I have always wondered about that attraction. I have also noticed their seemingly close relationship.....laughing together, etc.

Opposites attract??? ;)

You guys should probably lay off just a bit, about half of the women on this site are overweight women. You might be hurting their feelings. . .

Do you have any idea of how many young men go sexless during the peak of their youth because they don't have the personality that women desire in young men?

After midnight on a rainy night last week in Chapel Hill, N.C., a large group of sorority women at the University of North Carolina squeezed into the corner booth of a gritty basement bar. Bathed in a neon glow, they splashed beer from pitchers, traded jokes and belted out lyrics to a Taylor Swift heartache anthem thundering overhead. As a night out, it had everything — except guys.

“This is so typical, like all nights, 10 out of 10,” said Kate Andrew, a senior from Albemarle, N.C. The experience has grown tiresome: they slip on tight-fitting tops, hair sculpted, makeup just so, all for the benefit of one another, Ms. Andrew said, “because there are no guys.”

North Carolina, with a student body that is nearly 60 percent female, is just one of many large universities that at times feel eerily like women’s colleges. . . .

Jayne Dallas, a senior studying advertising who was seated across the table, grumbled that the population of male undergraduates was even smaller when you looked at it as a dating pool. “Out of that 40 percent, there are maybe 20 percent that we would consider, and out of those 20, 10 have girlfriends, so all the girls are fighting over that other 10 percent,” she said.

Needless to say, this puts guys in a position to play the field, and tends to mean that even the ones willing to make a commitment come with storied romantic histories. Rachel Sasser, a senior history major at the table, said that before she and her boyfriend started dating, he had “hooked up with a least five of my friends in my sorority — that I know of.”. . .

Indeed, there are a fair number of Mr. Lonelyhearts on campus. “Even though there’s this huge imbalance between the sexes, it still doesn’t change the fact of guys sitting around, bemoaning their single status,” said Patrick Hooper, a Georgia senior. “It’s the same as high school, but the women are even more enchanting and beautiful.”

And perhaps still elusive. Many women eagerly hit the library on Saturday night. And most would prefer to go out with friends, rather than date a campus brute​

On a campus where there are 60 women to 40 men, many women would prefer to be single than to date the nice guys, nerds and dorks.

So no, I don't see women as special victims here, this is just the nature of the sexual market place. Women are turned off by this guy:

gabe_nerd.jpg

happy-overweight-woman-dressed-pink-swimsuit-lying-white-background-35981330.jpg

Yeah, he is. Do you find him attractive?

I like bigger gals. :) Love to cook and eat and skinny girls are always like my Mom thinking one day they'll be a supermodel so shouldn't enjoy what I slaved over a hot stove for hours making. :)

gabe_nerd.jpg

The point is, if he would not sabotage himself, he might have better luck with the ladies. I don't think many women want to date men who walk around in costumes. Some people do it to themselves and then complain. WTH?? Don't walk around in a Star Trek uniform then!

gabe_nerd.jpg

The point is, if he would not sabotage himself, he might have better luck with the ladies. I don't think many women want to date men who walk around in costumes. Some people do it to themselves and then complain. WTH?? Don't walk around in a Star Trek uniform then!

Same with women who need to lose weight and then keep it off. What women say in response is "This is who I am." Well, that's exactly what Star Trek commander above can say to you. He's a closet Riker.

I have long observed, in business, couples where the woman has been heavy...even VERY heavy and their hubby's very lean. I have always wondered about that attraction. I have also noticed their seemingly close relationship.....laughing together, etc.

Opposites attract??? ;)

One of my friend's grandparents are a couple like that. Funny to see them together.

gabe_nerd.jpg

Same with women who need to lose weight and then keep it off. What women say in response is "This is who I am." Well, that's exactly what Star Trek commander above can say to you. He's a closet Riker.

I'm not defending the fat women who let themselves go. I'm just saying that, as far as your goofball is concerned, he could change some things.

Opposites attract??? ;)

One of my friend's grandparents are a couple like that. Funny to see them together.

gabe_nerd.jpg

I'm not defending the fat women who let themselves go. I'm just saying that, as far as your goofball is concerned, he could change some things.

Sure he could, but then he'd be living a lie. I'm serious too. Look at the NYT article I linked. On a 60:40 campus, with a severe male shortage, plenty of women would prefer to be dateless than go on a date with about half the male population on that campus. I pick the Star Trek nerd as an extreme example but the principle applies generally - boring guys are like fat women. Those boring guys are not all wearing Star Trek uniforms, they're just invisible to many women. Keep in mind that single women rate 80% of men as being below medium in attractiveness.

Opposites attract??? ;)

Sure he could, but then he'd be living a lie. I'm serious too. Look at the NYT article I linked. On a 60:40 campus, with a severe male shortage, plenty of women would prefer to be dateless than go on a date with about half the male population on that campus. I pick the Star Trek nerd as an extreme example but the principle applies generally - boring guys are like fat women. Those boring guys are not all wearing Star Trek uniforms, they're just invisible to many women. Keep in mind that single women rate 80% of men as being below medium in attractiveness.

Realizing that you are NOT a Star Trek character is not living a lie. Walking around thinking you are a Star Trek character is what is a lie. :D Just like bronies and the rest of them. Those people are going to have a VERY hard time finding a date, even amongst the fat girls I'm sure. Lol!

No guy should ever be forced to date a fat chick. No woman should ever be forced to date a man with a small penis. It should be tattooed on their foreheads.

Contrary to popular belief--size does matter.

Man, I didn't think that we were ever going to find something that we agreed on.
It was all a diversion. He thinks businesses should be able to discriminate.

I know.

I think the right to discriminate, to choose who you will associate with and who you will avoid, is a fundamental human right, one that we don't remit simply because we're 'doing business'.

I think that's how you should have started this thread. What is your interpretation of the commerce clause?

I like bigger gals. :) Love to cook and eat and skinny girls are always like my Mom thinking one day they'll be a supermodel so shouldn't enjoy what I slaved over a hot stove for hours making. :)
I've noticed you'll fantasize about boinking anything with a pulse.

And frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if you posted a thread on necrophila at this point either.

gabe_nerd.jpg

I think you'd be surprised. I was in Vegas one year when ComicCon was held there, it was amazing how many HOT women were in attendance.

The cutest girls from Comic Con 2013 32 Photos theCHIVE

Let's be honest, this woman

cute-girls-comic-con-2013-13.jpg

isn't hurting for dates

Lol! I'm sure they have paid actors and actresses at these events. She is certainly not your typical nerd comic book collector type of person.

gabe_nerd.jpg

I think you'd be surprised. I was in Vegas one year when ComicCon was held there, it was amazing how many HOT women were in attendance.

isn't hurting for dates

Lol! I'm sure they have paid actors and actresses at these events. She is certainly not your typical nerd comic book collector type of person.

No, I'm telling you there are women who look like THAT who are into that sort of thing. It's bizarre I know, but there it is. Just proves there's someone for everyone.

Except Guno, he's destined to die a fat virgin.

isn't hurting for dates

No, I'm telling you there are women who look like THAT who are into that sort of thing. It's bizarre I know, but there it is. Just proves there's someone for everyone.

Seriously, I don't really think she's THAT into the comics. :D I'll bet she is paid to be there for the sake of the nerds. You know, more of them are bound to show up every year when they get pretty women paying attention to them. Lol.

I'll bet there are a few good-looking women who are into the comics, but they are probably few and far between. I am highly skeptical that the woman above wants to hang out with these guys.

8137-m.jpg

Seriously, I don't really think she's THAT into the comics. :D I'll bet she is paid to be there for the sake of the nerds. You know, more of them are bound to show up every year when they get pretty women paying attention to them. Lol.

I'll bet there are a few good-looking women who are into the comics, but they are probably few and far between. I am highly skeptical that the woman above wants to hang out with these guys.

8137-m.jpg

Exactly. The above is a male version of a convention of feminists.

8137-m.jpg

Exactly. The above is a male version of a convention of feminists.

Feminists? I thought this thread was about fat ladies?

isn't hurting for dates

8137-m.jpg

Hot girls can't be nerds? I mean seriously? talk about stereotyping.

isn't hurting for dates

8137-m.jpg

Hot girls can't be nerds? I mean seriously? talk about stereotyping.

I didn't say that. They certainly aren't the majority is what I said. Most nerds are just not hot. Hence why they are nerds and are interested in such "activities." :D

Forum List

Back