Should Hillary Clinton choose a Hispanic VP?

...or is that even worthwhile politically now, given that Trump has dug himself such a deep hole with the Hispanic vote?

I don't think so. It's less about Trump's unpopularity than it is about choosing the right running mate, regardless of ethnicity. Her best choices are probably either Cory Booker or Sherrod Brown. Julian Castro doesn't come across as VP-ready, to me at least.

Of course, there is always the potential for a sleeper...

Yes, we finally agree on something NY, I think she absolutely should pick an Hispanic as her running mate, and his name should be Ted Cruz. That way, when her ass is in a prison jumpsuit, we kill 2 birds with one stone, Trump and HRC-)
Why is focusing on someone's specific race ok for a liberal but not for anyone else? Also, why is race a more important factor than their actual qualification?

Of course if Hillary actually found a running mate who is qualifeid they would be a step ahead of her... :p

A Trumpbot schooling us on qualifications. Priceless.
No, Democrat Diane Feinstein schooled your ignorant liberal ass on the LACK of qualification when she was asked to name one Hillary accomplishement...and she COULDN'T...NOT EVEN USING 'GOOGLE'!

...or is that even worthwhile politically now, given that Trump has dug himself such a deep hole with the Hispanic vote?

Why does ethnicity matter? Is that a new qualification that I missed, ethnicity?

Here's a thought.. why not select the most qualified person regardless of ethnicity. Are you lefties even capable of this kind of radical thought?
That's never been a consideration for either party. It's who might help a ticket. Newt definitely would have helped Trump. You cannot out policy Newt. But Trump screwed that. Rubio won't do it. Kasich would rather cut himself. Crispy ...LOL

Here's a novel idea - how about go for the most qualified person.

That would be Joe Biden, my original brilliant, albeit wild, idea.

I find it hard to juxtapose Biden with qualified.
LOL. I'm not dem, but that's pathetic. He chaired judiciary and for relations. JFC

Why does ethnicity matter? Is that a new qualification that I missed, ethnicity?

Here's a thought.. why not select the most qualified person regardless of ethnicity. Are you lefties even capable of this kind of radical thought?
That's never been a consideration for either party. It's who might help a ticket. Newt definitely would have helped Trump. You cannot out policy Newt. But Trump screwed that. Rubio won't do it. Kasich would rather cut himself. Crispy ...LOL

Oh, I get the pragmatism of it. But, isn't it a blatant assertion that Hispanics will only vote for Hispanics, that Blacks will only vote for blacks? Ever hear someone say that a Black candidate needs a White person on his ticket?

Oh, I get the pragmatism of it. But, isn't a blatant assertion that Hispanics will only vote for Hispanics, that Blacks will only vote for blacks? Ever hear someone say that a Black candidate needs a White person on his ticket?
No it's not a blatant assertion. Castro would have cemented Hillary's position as pushing to make non-deportation an issue. The Donald removed any necessity for that. Now she's free to name someone who will help with the most left wing of the party.

Here's a novel idea - how about go for the most qualified person.

That would be Joe Biden, my original brilliant, albeit wild, idea.

I find it hard to juxtapose Biden with qualified.
LOL. I'm not dem, but that's pathetic. He chaired judiciary and for relations. JFC

Yeah, but he's Joe Biden.

She won’t do it but she should choose someone like John Kerry. The Senate will be a close call next year and if there are a few Republicans that can be worked with, John Kerry would be the guy to do it. He’s from the Senate, he’s well liked by his colleagues, obviously qualified to be POTUS should that come about.

Too many boxes to check with the VP selection though.

Thats a shame too.

An Hispanic would be too obvious.

Hillary should choose a black VP. Somebody like...ohhhh...I don't know...Bill Cosby?

Just to make Bill look good in comparison.

"At least mine were awake when I didn't have sexual relations with 'em!"

Oh, I get the pragmatism of it. But, isn't a blatant assertion that Hispanics will only vote for Hispanics, that Blacks will only vote for blacks? Ever hear someone say that a Black candidate needs a White person on his ticket?
No it's not a blatant assertion. Castro would have cemented Hillary's position as pushing to make non-deportation an issue. The Donald removed any necessity for that. Now she's free to name someone who will help with the most left wing of the party.

Then, why does the selection have to be Hispanic? Can't an, I dunno, Asian accomplish the same thing? Why do we never here anything about t he Asians? It's always blacks, Hispanics and women. What about Samoans? Hey, I like Samoans!

LOL.....from the party which touted that it had candidates that were African American, Hispanics and look- even a lady- in their primary.

Well, yeah... all we get called it t he party of old white people. And look who the party of old white people turned out to be!

Drumpf is older than Clinton so that would be the GOP or Gang of Perverts as it is better known.

Forum List

Back