Should Lara Logan be fired?

Should Lara Logan Be Fired

• Yes, she violated the standards of good journalism.

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No, it's all a conspiracy by Obama to hide the "truth" about Benghazi!

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Who's Lara Logan?

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
[

CBS 60 Minutes II was intentional.

Lara Logan's was inadvertent.

Yes?

NO, they were both cases of sloppy reporting.

The guy who lied to Logan about being at Benghazi and the guy who faked those documents both INTENTIONALLY lied to make a president look bad.

And in both cases, the correspondent involved failed to fact check or check out the story and just ran with it.

One was on a hunt for Bush.

One was hunting for the truth.

Consider this.

In 2004, Dan Rather and 60 Minutes II aired a report claiming to have Memos proving George W. Bush was AWOL from his National Guard unit. These were quickly determined to be fakes as they were produced on a modern computer using MicroSoft Word, as opposed to a vintage 1973 typewriter that would have produced them. After weeks of hemming and hawing, including Rather interviewing a rather confused Octegenarian secretary, they finally fessed up and admitted they'd been had.

60 Minutes II was cancelled, Mary Mapes (the producer) was fired and Dan Rather was encouraged to "retire" from his anchor position.

Okay- Flash forward to 2013. Lara "White Woman in Peril" Logan, a reporter with a long history of crazy reporting from the Middle East, who has expressed a desire that the US would "Exact Revenge" for Benghazi, puts on a person under an assumed name who claims he was present the night of the Benghazi attacks, only to be contradicted by documentary evidence from both the FBI and his employer, a British Security company.

Shouldn't she be fired as well? It seems only fair.

Your original post is racist and biased.

How in the FUCK is that "racist"?

[MENTION=49214]Bush92[/MENTION] ------ stiiiilllll waaaaiiitinnnnng.....
impatient.gif

[

Yes?

The guy who lied to Logan about being at Benghazi and the guy who faked those documents both INTENTIONALLY lied to make a president look bad.

And in both cases, the correspondent involved failed to fact check or check out the story and just ran with it.

One was on a hunt for Bush.

One was hunting for the truth.

No, they were both looking for evidence to fit their theory, not fitting the theory around the evidence.

Looks like CBS is trying to sweep this affront under the rug.

They've let her return to work as of the 4th of last month.

If you wan't to see more done in way of investigating this media scandal let your voice be heard here:
CBS News: Explain Discredited Report - Media Matters Take Action

They shouldn't be able to get away with this.

But they will get away with it.

It does contribute to the fact, however, that there is no 'scandal' concerning 'Benghazi,' that those attempting to contrive a controversy where none exists are exposed to be the liars they are, and that the American people know the truth: no 'crimes' were committed, no 'cover up' exists.

Define getting away with it. Because it used to be a must-see show for me every single week, and ever since this incident I frequently miss it and care a lot less about it as an institution than I used to.

Consider this.

In 2004, Dan Rather and 60 Minutes II aired a report claiming to have Memos proving George W. Bush was AWOL from his National Guard unit. These were quickly determined to be fakes as they were produced on a modern computer using MicroSoft Word, as opposed to a vintage 1973 typewriter that would have produced them. After weeks of hemming and hawing, including Rather interviewing a rather confused Octegenarian secretary, they finally fessed up and admitted they'd been had.

60 Minutes II was cancelled, Mary Mapes (the producer) was fired and Dan Rather was encouraged to "retire" from his anchor position.

Okay- Flash forward to 2013. Lara "White Woman in Peril" Logan, a reporter with a long history of crazy reporting from the Middle East, who has expressed a desire that the US would "Exact Revenge" for Benghazi, puts on a person under an assumed name who claims he was present the night of the Benghazi attacks, only to be contradicted by documentary evidence from both the FBI and his employer, a British Security company.

Yes?

You're a retard.

True story!

When Michael Hastings (may he RIP) outed the freak Gen. McCrystal, Logan unleashed a load of BS on him - traitor - not a true journalist - using the troops for money, etc.

She is SO pro war it makes my teeth hurt. Her hate for Obama is bottomless. Hell yes! She should be sacked but CBS is far too cozy with corporate to ever do the right thing.
Maybe her hate for Obama is based on her thoughts about him and his ilk supporting an uprising that almost cost her her life in Egypt.

Yes, some Arabs copped a feel. Truly her life flashed before her eyes.

"Dan, I can definitely report they got to second base!"

What was that about a "war on women"? You are a despicable asshole to try and turn a brutal sexual assault into little tryst. You are a grade a PRICK.

[

Yes?

I think Rove fed CBS faked documents.

Consider this.

How the fuck is anyone who is sane and rational supposed to reach a conclusion based on your claims? Have you ever heard of links? On top of that, who the fuck is Lara Logan?

Yes, she did WAAAAY more than Dan Rather did and she has been a noted RW partisan...on camera.

Her A$$ needs to be gone...YESTERDAY!

Wow, all of that without one link to back up the OP.

Gotta admire your unbiased assessment.

Maybe her hate for Obama is based on her thoughts about him and his ilk supporting an uprising that almost cost her her life in Egypt.

Yes, some Arabs copped a feel. Truly her life flashed before her eyes.

"Dan, I can definitely report they got to second base!"

What was that about a "war on women"? You are a despicable asshole to try and turn a brutal sexual assault into little tryst. You are a grade a PRICK.

Reporters put their lives on the line every day reporting stories. She wants to play lumberjack, she'd better learn to hold up her end of the log.

Which obviously, she couldn't. She became an extreme anti-Muslim bigot and obviously can't do her job objectively.

[

Yes?

I think Rove fed CBS faked documents.

I've heard that theory. I don't think that Rove would have been that clumsy.

The problem was, this was badly done fraud. Not only the whole "Let's do it on a modern word processor" but the fact that anyone even vaguely familiar with military documents could see it was a fake. Date format was wrong, phrasing was wrong, and no officer in his right mind would write a memo saying that he just forged documents to "Cover his Ass".

And if Rather had just talked to a few people who knew documents, he'd have known this.

I also want to point out that Rather and Logan and the people who want to harp on whether Liz Warren had a Cherokee Grandmother or Clinton lied about a blow job and all the other petty, irrelevent shit that gets talked about in politics is kind of making us dumber.

^^^ An example of today's 'informed' conservative.
Because I don't watch whatever show she is on? There are lots of reasons not to get your news from TV, the biggest of which is that TV is aimed at idiots. Intelligent people read.
She has been in the news for a number of years.

You do read newspapers, don't you?

She has? Which newspapers have mentioned her? Is she mentioned in the style section, because that part is for the idiots that think style is news.

Because I don't watch whatever show she is on? There are lots of reasons not to get your news from TV, the biggest of which is that TV is aimed at idiots. Intelligent people read.

She has? Which newspapers have mentioned her? Is she mentioned in the style section, because that part is for the idiots that think style is news.
Are you channeling Poor Sarah? She claimed to read newspapers, too :lol:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/02/cbs-newss-lara-logan-assaulted-in-egypt.html

http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/2011/02/egypt-a-blow-to-women.html

Lara Logan on '60 Minutes' Benghazi report: 'We were wrong' - LA Times

Lara Logan: '60 Minutes' admits Benghazi source may have 'misled' her - LA Times

You get all your info from FOXNEWS. It's why you are always uninformed.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/02/cbs-newss-lara-logan-assaulted-in-egypt.html

Lara Logan: '60 Minutes' admits Benghazi source may have 'misled' her - LA Times

Don't live in LA, thank God.

Looks like CBS is trying to sweep this affront under the rug.

They've let her return to work as of the 4th of last month.

If you wan't to see more done in way of investigating this media scandal let your voice be heard here:
CBS News: Explain Discredited Report - Media Matters Take Action

They shouldn't be able to get away with this.

But they will get away with it.

It does contribute to the fact, however, that there is no 'scandal' concerning 'Benghazi,' that those attempting to contrive a controversy where none exists are exposed to be the liars they are, and that the American people know the truth: no 'crimes' were committed, no 'cover up' exists.
I'm afraid you're right.

She's back on the saddle to possibly do some more lies.

I don't watch CBS whatsoever though, so I'm doing my part in not contributing to their BS.

Don't live in LA, thank God.
I picked the LA Times to show that she has been a news subject in all of them.

Would you like the links from the Detroit Free Press or the Miami Herald?

Forum List

Back