Should LGBT people be allowed to adopt kids?

Homosexuality is against the eternal nature of God's plan. God's plan is the plan of happiness. Going against God's plan brings less happiness to the soul of man. For this reason, homosexuality is considered an abomination since it is in direct opposition to his plan. God has commanded:

Genesis 1:28
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Genesis 9:1

1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

How can one be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth without doing so with the opposite sex?

Adam was legally married to Eve by God and it is recognized in this verse:

Genesis 4:1,25
1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

It is against God's law to have sexual relations outside of marriage and that marriage must be between those of the opposite sex:

Ephesians 5:3
3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

Jude 1:7
7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Leviticus 18:22
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Romans 1:24-27
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

It has been revealed in these latter-days that the covenant of marriage can be an eternal bond if done through the sealing power of the holy priesthood and according to will of God. Marriage is an eternal union for those who obtain the sealing.

Doctrine and Covenants 131:1-4
1 In the celestial glory there are three heavens or degrees;
2 And in order to obtain the highest, a man must enter into this order of the priesthood [meaning the new and everlasting covenant of marriage];
3 And if he does not, he cannot obtain it.
4 He may enter into the other, but that is the end of his kingdom; he cannot have an increase.

God created man and woman so that they could come together in an eternal union of happiness. Anything outside of this is against God's law of happiness that he ordained for mankind.

Alma 41:10
10 Do not suppose, because it has been spoken concerning restoration, that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness. Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness.
They are not hurting you!
They hurt children. Why do you want children hurt?
No they don't. Never said they were perfect, though.

You passed on this question I asked, so I'll give you one more shot:
Which is worse, "allowing homo's to adopt children", or Mohammad having sex with a child when he was 54 and she was 9 years-old, but what the all-knowing Allah would know about the mental and physical damage that sex with kids causes, Sunni Man? Please tell us, my friend.
Why are you trying to derail your own thread with an off topic subject? .... :dunno:
1. You proved that you think gay parents are worse than pedophilia, or you likely would have answered it.
2. I was trying to show that when it comes to sexual judgments you don't have a leg to stand on. I proved that.

Have a great night.
All you have proven is that you want kids subjected to a homosexual lifestyle. You are sick.

Absolutely not!!!!!
You've bought into the hatred for gays in the Bible, correct? Or can you say that the Bible got it wrong?

Nooooo....While I identify as Christian I would hardly be considered a Holy Roller.
I do however understand that raising children in such a household most certainly will warp their psyche.
If you can't say the Bible got it wrong (can you?) then you agree with the Bible that says that gays are so terrible that they deserve eternal torture, just for being gay.

Homosexuality is against the eternal nature of God's plan. God's plan is the plan of happiness. Going against God's plan brings less happiness to the soul of man. For this reason, homosexuality is considered an abomination since it is in direct opposition to his plan. God has commanded:

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

How can one be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth without doing so with the opposite sex?

1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

It is against God's law to have sexual relations outside of marriage and that marriage must be between those of the opposite sex:

3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

It has been revealed in these latter-days that the covenant of marriage can be an eternal bond if done through the sealing power of the holy priesthood and according to will of God. Marriage is an eternal union for those who obtain the sealing.

2 And in order to obtain the highest, a man must enter into this order of the priesthood [meaning the new and everlasting covenant of marriage];
4 He may enter into the other, but that is the end of his kingdom; he cannot have an increase.

God created man and woman so that they could come together in an eternal union of happiness. Anything outside of this is against God's law of happiness that he ordained for mankind.

10 Do not suppose, because it has been spoken concerning restoration, that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness. Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness.
They are not hurting you!
They hurt children. Why do you want children hurt?
No they don't. Never said they were perfect, though.
Now your playing the lib deflection game. I said why do YOU want to hurt children? What "They" are you ranting about?

>>Lynn Lavner: "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision."

Jesus never said a word about homosexuality. In all of his teachings about multiple things - he never said that gay people should be condemned. I personally think it is very fine for gay people to be married in civil ceremonies. Jimmy Carter

A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality. I replied with another question: 'Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?' We must always consider the person. Pope Francis

So when Jesus says "Love your enemies," he is setting forth a profound and ultimately inescapable admonition.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

From a religious point of view, if God had thought homosexuality is a sin, he would not have created gay people.
Howard Dean

What is straight? A line can be straight, or a street, but the human heart, oh, no, it's curved like a road through mountains.
Tennessee Williams

Down on your knees, and thank heaven, fasting, for a good man's love.
Euripides

The very general occurrence of the homosexual in ancient Greece, and its wide occurrence today in some cultures in which such activity is not taboo suggests that the capacity of an individual to respond erotically to any sort of stimulus, whether it is provided by another person of the same or opposite sex, is basic in the species.
Alfred Kinsey

The sex relation is not a personal relation. It can be irresistibly desired and rapturously consummated between persons who could not endure one another for a day in any other relation.
George Bernard Shaw

There's no specific punishment in the books of fiqh (Islamic laws) that relate to homosexuality per se. They apply to any illicit sexual relations, including prohibited heterosexual acts like adultery. And the punishments are strong, but they are legal fictions because they are impossible to prove. You need four witnesses to say they witnessed (sexual) penetration. In what circumstances are you going to find someone to testify to that?
Hamza Yusuf

I think that the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin, but the Bible also teaches that pride is a sin, jealousy is a sin, and hate is a sin, evil thoughts are a sin. So I don't think that homosexuality should be chosen as the overwhelming sin that we are doing today.
Billy Graham

“To begin with, homosexuality has nothing to do with pedophilia; one is sexual orientation and the other is sexual perversion. Yet, in that most cases of pedophilia involve incest, we must consider the question. If our objective is to prevent pedophilia in adoption then the only logical action is to permit only homosexuals to adopt children who are only of the opposite sex. This would reduce incest to zero. If we permit heterosexual couples to adopt children, then children would be at risk.”
Pope John Paul I

“Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.' (Leviticus 18:22). That means simply that it is foul to do to other men what men habitually, proudly, manfully do to women: use them as inanimate, empty, concave things; fuck them into submission; subordinate them through sex.”
Andrea Dworkin, Right Wing Women

Homosexuality is found in over 450 species. Homophobia is found in only 1. Which one seems unnatural now?
Amber Rose<<

Last edited:
Which is worse, "allowing homo's to adopt children", or Mohammad having sex with a child when he was 54 and she was 9 years-old, but what the all-knowing Allah would know about the mental and physical damage that sex with kids causes, Sunni Man? Please tell us, my friend.
Why are you trying to derail your own thread with an off topic subject? .... :dunno:
1. You proved that you think gay parents are worse than pedophilia, or you likely would have answered it.
2. I was trying to show that when it comes to sexual judgments you don't have a leg to stand on. I proved that.

Have a great night.
All you have proven is that you want kids subjected to a homosexual lifestyle. You are sick.
I want fair treatment of gays - we need to move beyond the hatred that the Bible/Quran teach towards innocent people - because I care about people too much.

No, no they should not. That is a warped way for any kid to be raised up.

There are plenty of childless hetero couples that would volunteer.

I had a friend that was raised by 2 korean dykes.

He hated it. They were mean to him.

That shouldn't happen.

Have a great night.
I want fair treatment of gays - we need to move beyond the hatred that the Bible/Quran teach towards innocent people - because I care about people too much.
But you don't care about fair unmolested treatment of children. You're just like sick libs everywhere. All you care about are sick freaks getting children.

If they're stable and want a child, absolutely.
Their god disagrees with you, so who is wrong, you or their god?

Don't know their God, He never told me that.

People who want to agree with their God should simply refrain from homosexuality. There's no religious litmus test to adopt.
Here's one particular god - do you condemn this god?

>>Lynn Lavner: "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision."

Jesus never said a word about homosexuality. In all of his teachings about multiple things - he never said that gay people should be condemned. I personally think it is very fine for gay people to be married in civil ceremonies. Jimmy Carter

A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality. I replied with another question: 'Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?' We must always consider the person. Pope Francis

So when Jesus says "Love your enemies," he is setting forth a profound and ultimately inescapable admonition.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

From a religious point of view, if God had thought homosexuality is a sin, he would not have created gay people.
Howard Dean

Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?... It is necessary to accompany them with mercy.
Pope Francis

What is straight? A line can be straight, or a street, but the human heart, oh, no, it's curved like a road through mountains.
Tennessee Williams

Down on your knees, and thank heaven, fasting, for a good man's love.
Euripides

The very general occurrence of the homosexual in ancient Greece, and its wide occurrence today in some cultures in which such activity is not taboo suggests that the capacity of an individual to respond erotically to any sort of stimulus, whether it is provided by another person of the same or opposite sex, is basic in the species.
Alfred Kinsey

The sex relation is not a personal relation. It can be irresistibly desired and rapturously consummated between persons who could not endure one another for a day in any other relation.
George Bernard Shaw

There's no specific punishment in the books of fiqh (Islamic laws) that relate to homosexuality per se. They apply to any illicit sexual relations, including prohibited heterosexual acts like adultery. And the punishments are strong, but they are legal fictions because they are impossible to prove. You need four witnesses to say they witnessed (sexual) penetration. In what circumstances are you going to find someone to testify to that?
Hamza Yusuf

I think that the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin, but the Bible also teaches that pride is a sin, jealousy is a sin, and hate is a sin, evil thoughts are a sin. So I don't think that homosexuality should be chosen as the overwhelming sin that we are doing today.
Billy Graham

“To begin with, homosexuality has nothing to do with pedophilia; one is sexual orientation and the other is sexual perversion. Yet, in that most cases of pedophilia involve incest, we must consider the question. If our objective is to prevent pedophilia in adoption then the only logical action is to permit only homosexuals to adopt children who are only of the opposite sex. This would reduce incest to zero. If we permit heterosexual couples to adopt children, then children would be at risk.”
Pope John Paul I

“Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.' (Leviticus 18:22). That means simply that it is foul to do to other men what men habitually, proudly, manfully do to women: use them as inanimate, empty, concave things; fuck them into submission; subordinate them through sex.”
Andrea Dworkin, Right Wing Women

Homosexuality is found in over 450 species. Homophobia is found in only 1. Which one seems unnatural now?
Amber Rrose<<
Queers are unnatural now. You are a sick degenerate freak that wants queers given access to children.

Have a great night.
But you don't care about fair unmolested treatment of children. You're just like sick libs everywhere. All you care about are sick freaks getting children.
I want kids to have loving parents, not be orphans. Just because people who lived 2000 years ago taught hatred for gays doesn't mean that we should embrace that hatred today. Let's find our love, find our compassion. I know we can do that.

Have a great night.
I want kids to have loving parents, not be orphans. Just because people who lived 2000 years ago taught hatred for gays doesn't mean that we should embrace that hatred today. Let's find our love, find our compassion. I know we can do that.
Oh yeah, you are so compassionate, but you don't give a shit about kids, just so long as your queers have access to them.

No, no they should not. That is a warped way for any kid to be raised up.

There are plenty of childless hetero couples that would volunteer.

I had a friend that was raised by 2 korean dykes.

He hated it. They were mean to him.

That shouldn't happen.

There's the definitive answer we've all been waiting for.

The message is, dyke parents are mean.

Or wait, maybe it was because they were Korean!

Damn.....

Socialism intentionally denies examination because it is irrational. There is no formal defined dogma of socialism. Instead there is only a vague, rosy notion of something good, noble and just: the advent of these things will bring instant euphoria and a social order beyond reproach. Basically... they are liars.
Not a socialist, either.
Communism is naturalized humanism. Karl Marx
Not a fan of communism - a fan of freedom.
I don't know what to tell you then because history has shown your world view to lead to communism.
Socialism intentionally denies examination because it is irrational. There is no formal defined dogma of socialism. Instead there is only a vague, rosy notion of something good, noble and just: the advent of these things will bring instant euphoria and a social order beyond reproach. Basically... they are liars.
Not a socialist, either.
Communism is naturalized humanism. Karl Marx
Not a fan of communism - a fan of freedom.
I don't know what to tell you then because history has shown your world view to lead to communism.
The Ten Commandments of Scientific Humanism
1. Believe in freedom:
a. Political (secular democracy)
b. Religious
c. Freedom of speech

Obviously a different belief system than communists....180 degrees different.
"...The turn introduced by the Renaissance was probably inevitable historically: the Middle Ages had come to a natural end by exhaustion, having become an intolerable despotic repression of man's physical nature in favor of the spiritual one. But then we recoiled from the spirit and embraced all that is material, excessively and incommensurately. The humanistic way of thinking, which had proclaimed itself our guide, did not admit the existence of intrinsic evil in man, nor did it see any task higher than the attainment of happiness on earth. It started modern Western civilization on the dangerous trend of worshiping man and his material needs.

Everything beyond physical well-being and the accumulation of material goods, all other human requirements and characteristics of a subtle and higher nature, were left outside the area of attention of state and social systems, as if human life did not have any higher meaning. Thus gaps were left open for evil, and its drafts blow freely today. Mere freedom per se does not in the least solve all the problems of human life and even adds a number of new ones.

And yet in early democracies, as in American democracy at the time of its birth, all individual human rights were granted on the ground that man is God's creature. That is, freedom was given to the individual conditionally, in the assumption of his constant religious responsibility. Such was the heritage of the preceding one thousand years. Two hundred or even fifty years ago, it would have seemed quite impossible, in America, that an individual be granted boundless freedom with no purpose, simply for the satisfaction of his whims.

Subsequently, however, all such limitations were eroded everywhere in the West; a total emancipation occurred from the moral heritage of Christian centuries with their great reserves of mercy and sacrifice. State systems were becoming ever more materialistic. The West has finally achieved the rights of man, and even excess, but man's sense of responsibility to God and society has grown dimmer and dimmer. In the past decades, the legalistic selfishness of the Western approach to the world has reached its peak and the world has found itself in a harsh spiritual crisis and a political impasse. All the celebrated technological achievements of progress, including the conquest of outer space, do not redeem the twentieth century's moral poverty, which no one could have imagined even as late as the nineteenth century.

As humanism in its development was becoming more and more materialistic, it also increasingly allowed concepts to be used first by socialism and then by communism, so that Karl Marx was able to say, in 1844, that "communism is naturalized humanism."

This statement has proved to be not entirely unreasonable. One does not see the same stones in the foundations of an eroded humanism and of any type of socialism: boundless materialism; freedom from religion and religious responsibility (which under Communist regimes attains the stage of antireligious dictatorship); concentration on social structures with an allegedly scientific approach. (This last is typical of both the Age of Enlightenment and of Marxism.) It is no accident that all of communism's rhetorical vows revolve around Man (with a capital M) and his earthly happiness. At first glance it seems an ugly parallel: common traits in the thinking and way of life of today's West and today's East? But such is the logic of materialistic development.

The interrelationship is such, moreover, that the current of materialism which is farthest to the left, and is hence the most consistent, always proves to be stronger, more attractive, and victorious. Humanism which has lost its Christian heritage cannot prevail in this competition. Thus during the past centuries and especially in recent decades, as the process became more acute, the alignment of forces was as follows: Liberalism was inevitably pushed aside by radicalism, radicalism had to surrender to socialism, and socialism could not stand up to communism...."

Alexander I. Solzhenitsyn -- A World Split Apart — Commencement Address Delivered At Harvard University, June 8, 1978

The establishment clause of the 1st amendment was written to protect the ESTABLISHED STATE RELIGIONS from the federal government - of which half of the states had at the time the constitution was ratified - by preventing the federal government from establishing a national religion.
Fuck you and your religion.
Bless your heart.
I admire how you countered his hatred with love. Good on you.
Now if you would only see that what you are doing is hate then everything would be perfect.
You appear to believe that, say as an example, if I, in the 1950's showed people a better way regarding treatment of blacks that I would be "spewing hatred" against the whites that treated blacks poorly. I teach love, but I do show how my way is better than Jesus' way, I do contrast the belief systems, because people don't seem to understand that the way that I understand it. If I'm wrong, hopefully people will show me exactly where.

Speaking of love, which is more loving: sending (ethical) Jews to a lake of fire or sending them to gas chambers?
Please tell us which is more moving, ding, sending (ethical) Jews to a lake of fire, or sending them to gas chambers?
No, that isn't what I am saying. I am saying that you have become what you say you are against.

If they're stable and want a child, absolutely.
Their god disagrees with you, so who is wrong, you or their god?

Don't know their God, He never told me that.

People who want to agree with their God should simply refrain from homosexuality. There's no religious litmus test to adopt.
Here's one particular god - do you condemn this god?

I don't have to "condemn" this God.

There's no religious requirements for adopting.

Forum List

Back