Should LGBT people be allowed to adopt kids?

Their god disagrees with you, so who is wrong, you or their god?

Don't know their God, He never told me that.

People who want to agree with their God should simply refrain from homosexuality. There's no religious litmus test to adopt.
Here's one particular god - do you condemn this god?

Genesis 1:28
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Genesis 9:1
1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

How can one be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth without doing so with the opposite sex?

Adam was legally married to Eve by God and it is recognized in this verse:

Genesis 4:1,25
1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

It is against God's law to have sexual relations outside of marriage and that marriage must be between those of the opposite sex:

Ephesians 5:3
3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

Jude 1:7
7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Leviticus 18:22
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Romans 1:24-27
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

It has been revealed in these latter-days that the covenant of marriage can be an eternal bond if done through the sealing power of the holy priesthood and according to will of God. Marriage is an eternal union for those who obtain the sealing.

Doctrine and Covenants 131:1-4
1 In the celestial glory there are three heavens or degrees;
2 And in order to obtain the highest, a man must enter into this order of the priesthood [meaning the new and everlasting covenant of marriage];
3 And if he does not, he cannot obtain it.
4 He may enter into the other, but that is the end of his kingdom; he cannot have an increase.

God created man and woman so that they could come together in an eternal union of happiness. Anything outside of this is against God's law of happiness that he ordained for mankind.

Alma 41:10
10 Do not suppose, because it has been spoken concerning restoration, that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness. Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness.

I don't have to "condemn" this God.

There's no religious requirements for adopting.
Some day you'll grow morally to be able to condemn hatred.
Perhaps on the same day you'll be able to stop condemning children to a perverse unhealthy life style that you push regardless of the consequences.

Hey Mike, do you actually know of any gay couples that have adopted? Have you ever talked to the kids?

Like I've posted before, I lived with 2 lesbians, Cindy and Connie from 1997 to 1999, and they had a daughter Tawnya, who was 3 when they first got together.

NOTHING in the 2 years that I lived there indicated that there was any harm being done to the child. Tawnya was an honor student, happy, healthy, had 2 loving parents, and she also liked boys.

No, living with gays will not make you gay.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

How can one be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth without doing so with the opposite sex?

1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

It is against God's law to have sexual relations outside of marriage and that marriage must be between those of the opposite sex:

3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

It has been revealed in these latter-days that the covenant of marriage can be an eternal bond if done through the sealing power of the holy priesthood and according to will of God. Marriage is an eternal union for those who obtain the sealing.

2 And in order to obtain the highest, a man must enter into this order of the priesthood [meaning the new and everlasting covenant of marriage];
4 He may enter into the other, but that is the end of his kingdom; he cannot have an increase.

God created man and woman so that they could come together in an eternal union of happiness. Anything outside of this is against God's law of happiness that he ordained for mankind.

10 Do not suppose, because it has been spoken concerning restoration, that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness. Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness.

Sorry, I have a full-time job.

Inhabe to choose my battles if I'm also going to pay bills.

The Bible does precious little to affect my behavior.

Are you just being a contrarian?
I believe in Scientific Humanism, and it's a very, yes, "contrarian" belief system compared to most religions, but I'm not contrarian just to be a troll etc. I genuinely believe that this new approach is what's best for the world - and the hatred towards innocent people (gays) on this thread is clearly proving me right.

Well, have some perspective. This is a pretty hateful place....).

I HATE it when people say that!

People who want to agree with their God should simply refrain from homosexuality. There's no religious litmus test to adopt.

Perhaps on the same day you'll be able to stop condemning children to a perverse unhealthy life style that you push regardless of the consequences.

Hey Mike, do you actually know of any gay couples that have adopted? Have you ever talked to the kids?

Like I've posted before, I lived with 2 lesbians, Cindy and Connie from 1997 to 1999, and they had a daughter Tawnya, who was 3 when they first got together.

NOTHING in the 2 years that I lived there indicated that there was any harm being done to the child. Tawnya was an honor student, happy, healthy, had 2 loving parents, and she also liked boys.

Again you deflect with the best of them. No one has said living with gays will make you gay. Will you ever stop your lying?

I have to choose my battles if I'm also going to pay bills.

Not to put you down as such, but wouldn't it have been shorter to simply type (and have raised you to a higher moral level as well, my friend) "Yes, I condemn that homophobic god"?

Oh, I still have enough superstition in my blood that I can't quite do that. Besides, I believe that the homophobia is a human-made phenomenon (they wrote the Bible after all), and God doesn't care enough one way or another.

I condemn homophobic people.

Sure, some heteros AND some homos are a bad apples, but the Bible did get it wrong when it condemns ALL gays to "hell" (obviously implying that all gays are inherently bad people, of course.) The Bible got that wrong.
Hates the bible, hates children, loves perverted homosexuals.

I have to choose my battles if I'm also going to pay bills.

Not to put you down as such, but wouldn't it have been shorter to simply type (and have raised you to a higher moral level as well, my friend) "Yes, I condemn that homophobic god"?

Oh, I still have enough superstition in my blood that I can't quite do that. Besides, I believe that the homophobia is a human-made phenomenon (they wrote the Bible after all), and God doesn't care enough one way or another.

I condemn homophobic people.
Did you talk to God on your I phone?

I genuinely believe that this new approach is what's best for the world - and the hatred towards innocent people (gays) on this thread is clearly proving me right.
Incorrect .. :cool:

This thread is clearly proving that your an idiot who approves of homo child molesters adopting children. .... :cuckoo:
You are proving that the Islamic texts teach hatred of gays better than if I posted page after page after page of Islamic texts teaching to hate gays.

There's a better way than homophobia, guys.
I don't think any should be in an environment with mentally disturbed people like fags.
Here's a prayer I'm saying to Jesus (if he's real): "Jesus, there is a hole in your teaching of love - love of gays - please come down and educate these haters that you love gays...if you indeed do, that is. Thanks."
Your condescension is thick.
What seems the thickest is your refusal to condemn the Bible for it having taught hatred for thousands of years and and counting. Mein Kampf teaches hatred....why would you support the teaching of hatred?

My question is: should LGBT people be allowed to adopt kids?

I'm sensing a lot of Biblically-inspired hatred of gays on this forum, but I'm hoping that people of compassion and reason will rise to the occasion and reply "yes, they should be allowed to adopt kids!"

Maybe my hope in humanity is misplaced.

Just for future reference, hope in humanity is almost always misplaced.
That's because the Bible teaches that we are all "sinners".....

A lot of people think that because they don't read carefully. If you look real close there is an asterisk that says "except for Unk."

Inhabe to choose my battles if I'm also going to pay bills.

I believe in Scientific Humanism, and it's a very, yes, "contrarian" belief system compared to most religions, but I'm not contrarian just to be a troll etc. I genuinely believe that this new approach is what's best for the world - and the hatred towards innocent people (gays) on this thread is clearly proving me right.

Well, have some perspective. This is a pretty hateful place....).

I HATE it when people say that!

:eusa_angel:

What seems the thickest is your refusal to condemn the Bible for it having taught hatred for thousands of years and and counting. Mein Kampf teaches hatred....why would you support the teaching of hatred?

^ Plays the nazi card. Troll rating B+

I don't think so.

That said it's a non issue when the country is going bankrupt.

Again you deflect with the best of them. No one has said living with gays will make you gay. Will you ever stop your lying?

Actually, you said that the children were being condemned to a perverse unhealthy lifestyle.

I then told you that Tawnya was an honor student, happy, healthy, well adjusted and liked boys. In other words, a normal teenage girl.

I know what a perverse unhappy lifestyle is, had it happen to me with my biological father, and the 2 step fathers that followed. It was a bunch of mental, physical, and sexual abuse.

Tawnya had a better childhood than what I could have ever hoped for.

Sure, some heteros AND some homos are a bad apples, but the Bible did get it wrong when it condemns ALL gays to "hell" (obviously implying that all gays are inherently bad people, of course.) The Bible got that wrong.
No, we love the parts of the Bible that are good for humanity ("give to charity"), but not the bad parts about killing gays, etc. We bring forward those good parts, but not the bad parts. Our children deserve that....do yours?

Actually, you said that the children were being condemned to a perverse unhealthy lifestyle.

I then told you that Tawnya was an honor student, happy, healthy, well adjusted and liked boys. In other words, a normal teenage girl.

I know what a perverse unhappy lifestyle is, had it happen to me with my biological father, and the 2 step fathers that followed. It was a bunch of mental, physical, and sexual abuse.

You can't stop can you? Twisting, spinning, lying....day in day out. You like queers, fine. Keep the kids away from them.

No, we love the parts of the Bible that are good for humanity ("give to charity"), but not the bad parts about killing gays, etc. We bring forward those good parts, but not the bad parts. Our children deserve that....do yours?

Are you sure about that give to charity thing? Because the general consensus on this board is that the government should cease all aid programs and leave it up to the churches (which are sorely underfunded for the task).

Your spinner is blazing away.

Excellent post.
Yes, as more stories like that get out the homophobia from ancient religions will fade, and fade, and fade, and become a distant memory - just like the belief in Zeus.

You can't stop can you? Twisting, spinning, lying....day in day out. You like queers, fine. Keep the kids away from them.

Not twisting anything, just simply relating experiences from my own life.

Forum List

Back