Should LGBT people be allowed to adopt kids?

No, no they should not. That is a warped way for any kid to be raised up.

There are plenty of childless hetero couples that would volunteer.

I had a friend that was raised by 2 korean dykes.

He hated it. They were mean to him.

That shouldn't happen.

There's the definitive answer we've all been waiting for.

The message is, dyke parents are mean.

Or wait, maybe it was because they were Korean!

Damn.....

People shouldn't adopt children to be slaves.

The Bible approves of slavery - so are you saying that the Bible is wrong?
This is another straw-man of yours. You are being mendacious.

No, we love the parts of the Bible that are good for humanity ("give to charity"), but not the bad parts about killing gays, etc. We bring forward those good parts, but not the bad parts. Our children deserve that....do yours?

Are you sure about that give to charity thing? Because the general consensus on this board is that the government should cease all aid programs and leave it up to the churches (which are sorely underfunded for the task).
The attitude that we should give to charity is always a good thing.
Charity is #8 on our 10 "commandments"! Which is better than the Biblical 10 Commandments because the Biblical 10 Commandments are about controlling people (they are probably well-intended, though) and telling us stuff that is so common sense that it probably shouldn't be in the top 10.....yeah, we KNOW not to kill ("thou shalt not kill")....god is talking to 3 year-olds. :)
\

You know what? You should just STFU about the 10 commandments with your silly-ass "SOME-BETTER-KIND-OF-HUMANIST-THAN-BEFORE,ever! self ok?

You know nothing about the 10 commandments.

Here they are. Let's see how many your religious mindset follows.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

13 Thou shalt not kill.

14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.

19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.

20 And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

21 And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.

22 And the Lord said unto Moses, Thus thou shalt say unto the children of Israel, Ye have seen that I have talked with you from heaven.

23 Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold.

24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.

25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.

26 Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy nakedness be not discovered thereon.
It starts with #3?

You don't care for ary a person in this world save pushing your own agenda.

That's not true at all - I think I care for people more than you do - let me prove that to you: Marion, will you say this prayer with me? "Jesus, I love people so much that I beg you to let ethical hard-working non-believers into "heaven" and avoid "hell" - I forgive you if you won't, but I believe it's the loving thing to do. Thanks."

Can you join me in saying that loving prayer, Marion? If not then I'd think an apology is in order.

Are you sure about that give to charity thing? Because the general consensus on this board is that the government should cease all aid programs and leave it up to the churches (which are sorely underfunded for the task).
Charity is #8 on our 10 "commandments"! Which is better than the Biblical 10 Commandments because the Biblical 10 Commandments are about controlling people (they are probably well-intended, though) and telling us stuff that is so common sense that it probably shouldn't be in the top 10.....yeah, we KNOW not to kill ("thou shalt not kill")....god is talking to 3 year-olds. :)
\

You know what? You should just STFU about the 10 commandments with your silly-ass "SOME-BETTER-KIND-OF-HUMANIST-THAN-BEFORE,ever! self ok?

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

13 Thou shalt not kill.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.

19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.

20 And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

21 And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.

22 And the Lord said unto Moses, Thus thou shalt say unto the children of Israel, Ye have seen that I have talked with you from heaven.

23 Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold.

24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.

25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.

26 Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy nakedness be not discovered thereon.
It starts with #3?

That's not true at all - I think I care for people more than you do - let me prove that to you: Marion, will you say this prayer with me? "Jesus, I love people so much that I beg you to let ethical hard-working non-believers into "heaven" and avoid "hell" - I forgive you if you won't, but I believe it's the loving thing to do. Thanks."

Can you join me in saying that loving prayer, Marion? If not then I'd think an apology is in order.

Get thee behind me Satan, in the name of Jesus Christ I command thee.

That shouldn't happen.

Damn.....

Can you say that a belief system that says "no slavery" like ours does is more loving that a belief system that says the following?
"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

It would sure seem so, ding.

I genuinely believe that this new approach is what's best for the world - and the hatred towards innocent people (gays) on this thread is clearly proving me right.
Incorrect .. :cool:

This thread is clearly proving that your an idiot who approves of homo child molesters adopting children. .... :cuckoo:
You are proving that the Islamic texts teach hatred of gays better than if I posted page after page after page of Islamic texts teaching to hate gays.

There's a better way than homophobia, guys.
I don't think any should be in an environment with mentally disturbed people like fags.
Here's a prayer I'm saying to Jesus (if he's real): "Jesus, there is a hole in your teaching of love - love of gays - please come down and educate these haters that you love gays...if you indeed do, that is. Thanks."
Your condescension is thick.
What seems the thickest is your refusal to condemn the Bible for it having taught hatred for thousands of years and and counting. Mein Kampf teaches hatred....why would you support the teaching of hatred?
That's because you intentionally misstate the Bible. Why should I condemn your fantasy?

That shouldn't happen.

Damn.....

Can you say that a belief system that says "no slavery" like ours does is more loving that a belief system that says the following?
"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

That's because you don't understand the context.

That shouldn't happen.

Damn.....

Get thee behind me Satan, in the name of Jesus Christ, I command thee.

\

13 Thou shalt not kill.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

It starts with #3?

As a Scientific Humanist, if I'd have met satan like Jesus did in the Bible, I'd have tried to arrest him (or kill him if need be), because that would be what's best for humanity. Would YOU have done that, Marion, if you were in that position? After all, Satan is about as bad as Hitler. What say you?

\

13 Thou shalt not kill.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

It starts with #3?

As a Scientific Humanist, if I'd have met satan like Jesus did in the Bible, I'd have tried to arrest him (or kill him if need be), because that would be what's best for humanity. Would YOU have done that, Marion, if you were in that position? After all, Satan is about as bad as Hitler. What say you?

;)

Damn.....

We don't believe that thereis a "context" where owing slaves is ok, hence our "no slavery" belief. And there is no "context" where a person is beaten, and the death drags out for a day or two (in that verse), and the person who beat him gets NO PUNISHMENT. Please tell us exactly when one is in a context where that barbarity is perfectly ok.

It starts with #3?

;)
Satan is more more real than Sauron.

eyeofsauron.jpg

We don't believe that thereis a "context" where owing slaves is ok, hence our "no slavery" belief. And there is no "context" where a person is beaten, and the death drags out for a day or two (in that verse), and the person who beat him gets NO PUNISHMENT. Please tell us exactly when one is in a context where that barbarity is perfectly ok.

May not work on this here message board, but that is and ever will be my response to you.

It starts with #3?

;)
But arresting satan would have been what's best for humanity. I'm glad that Scientific Humanism teaches me to do what's best for humanity. If you could agree that arresting satan would be best for humanity that would be great. Can you do that, Marion?

That is because you are ignorant on this subject and do not know history. Do you need for me to educate you on this or would you like to go and research this for yourself?

May not work on this here message board, but that is and ever will be my response to you.
Or you could just ADMIT that you are bereft of any cogent response because the Bible is in actuality only a fairy-tale that you mistakenly believe is actually real.

Or you could just ADMIT that you are bereft of any cogent response because the Bible is in actuality only a fairy-tale that you mistakenly believe is actually real.
Or you could admit that your mission is to subordinate religion.

That is because you are ignorant on this subject and do not know history. Do you need for me to educate you on this or would you like to go and research this for yourself?
Scientific Humanists are too ethical, too caring, to do what you are about to attempt to do....you are about to DEFEND SLAVERY. Incredible. Truly incredible. Have you no shame? S-L-A-V-E-R-Y!

Or you could admit that your mission is to subordinate religion.
To raise Scientific Humanism above ancient fairy-tales, yes.

I damn sure ain't admitting ary a thing like that you new-wave satanist fuck.

You think your new-wave made-up shit is better than the bible? If so, you're beyond fucktarded, ok?

You think people haven't been around for the past 2k years?

What a maroon you are.

Forum List

Back