Should LGBT people be allowed to adopt kids?

No, no they should not. That is a warped way for any kid to be raised up.

There are plenty of childless hetero couples that would volunteer.

I had a friend that was raised by 2 korean dykes.

He hated it. They were mean to him.

That shouldn't happen.

There's the definitive answer we've all been waiting for.

The message is, dyke parents are mean.

Or wait, maybe it was because they were Korean!

Damn.....

People shouldn't adopt children to be slaves.

The Bible approves of slavery - so are you saying that the Bible is wrong?
This is another straw-man of yours. You are being mendacious.
Can you say that a belief system that says "no slavery" like ours does is more loving that a belief system that says the following?
"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

It would sure seem so, ding.

How the Bible was Used to Justify Slavery and White Supremacy
www.patheos.com/.../how-the-bible-was-used-to-justify-slavery-and-white-supremacy...
Sep 22, 2016 - In my Evangelicalism and Fundamentalism course today, we'll be talking about the history of slavery and segregation in AmericanChristianity.
Christianity as a Justification for Slavery - History Engine: Tools for ...
History Engine: Tools for Collaborative Education and Research | Episodes
In the Old Testament, God and the Patriarchs approve. As for the New Testament, Jesus and the Apostles show that slavery is permissible. ... As religion ran deep through slavery, white Christian slaveholders argued thatslavery was a necessary evil because it would control the sinful, less humane, black race.
Why Did So Many Christians Support Slavery? | Christian History
www.christianitytoday.com/history/issues/.../why-christians-should-support-slavery.html
Many southern Christians felt that slavery, in one Baptist minister's words, “stands as an institution of God.” Here are some common arguments made by ...
The Religious Defense of American Slavery Before ... - kingscollege.net
https://www.kingscollege.net/.../The religious justification of slavery ...
by LR Morrison - ‎Cited by 8 - ‎Related articles
The South's use of the Bible to defend slavery and the master-slaverelationship .... justification found in Mosaic law, the argument of divine sanction. Throughout.
Biblical Verses used by Slave Masters to Justify Slavery
www.reunionblackfamily.com/.../7183511-biblical-verses-used-by-slave-masters-to-j...
May 26, 2011 - Based upon these isolated verses, slaveowners claimed that the Bible supported slavery and taught slaves to be obedient to their masters.

Can you say that a belief system that says "no slavery" like ours does is more loving that a belief system that says the following?
"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

That's because you don't understand the context.
We don't believe that thereis a "context" where owing slaves is ok, hence our "no slavery" belief. And there is no "context" where a person is beaten, and the death drags out for a day or two (in that verse), and the person who beat him gets NO PUNISHMENT. Please tell us exactly when one is in a context where that barbarity is perfectly ok.

Get thee behind me Satan, in the name of Jesus Christ I command thee.

May not work on this here message board, but that is and ever will be my response to you.
Obviously Jesus has ill-prepared you to deal openly and honestly and logically with the holes in the magic fairy-tale that he taught you - when arrayed against someone who doesn't believe in the fairy-tale.

We don't believe that thereis a "context" where owing slaves is ok, hence our "no slavery" belief. And there is no "context" where a person is beaten, and the death drags out for a day or two (in that verse), and the person who beat him gets NO PUNISHMENT. Please tell us exactly when one is in a context where that barbarity is perfectly ok.
That is because you are ignorant on this subject and do not know history. Do you need for me to educate you on this or would you like to go and research this for yourself?
Scientific Humanists are too ethical, too caring, to do what you are about to attempt to do....you are about to DEFEND SLAVERY. Incredible. Truly incredible. Have you no shame? S-L-A-V-E-R-Y!
Now you are acting like a troll. How did I defend slavery exactly?

Tell me, those slaves that you speak of in biblical days (i.e. Hebrews), were they indentured servants or captives of war?

Damn.....

www.patheos.com/.../how-the-bible-was-used-to-justify-slavery-and-white-supremacy...
Sep 22, 2016 - In my Evangelicalism and Fundamentalism course today, we'll be talking about the history of slavery and segregation in AmericanChristianity.
In the Old Testament, God and the Patriarchs approve. As for the New Testament, Jesus and the Apostles show that slavery is permissible. ... As religion ran deep through slavery, white Christian slaveholders argued thatslavery was a necessary evil because it would control the sinful, less humane, black race.
www.christianitytoday.com/history/issues/.../why-christians-should-support-slavery.html
Many southern Christians felt that slavery, in one Baptist minister's words, “stands as an institution of God.” Here are some common arguments made by ...
The South's use of the Bible to defend slavery and the master-slaverelationship .... justification found in Mosaic law, the argument of divine sanction. Throughout.
www.reunionblackfamily.com/.../7183511-biblical-verses-used-by-slave-masters-to-j...
May 26, 2011 - Based upon these isolated verses, slaveowners claimed that the Bible supported slavery and taught slaves to be obedient to their masters.
ding might just be a reincarnated Southern Plantation owner! Hehe. :)

Damn.....

The Bible didn't condone slavery. Can you show me where the Bible did so?

There you go. Thank you for showing your true colors. I knew it wouldn't be too long.

The Bible did not condone slavery. Can you show me where the Bible explicitly condoned slavery?

That is because you are ignorant on this subject and do not know history. Do you need for me to educate you on this or would you like to go and research this for yourself?
Scientific Humanists are too ethical, too caring, to do what you are about to attempt to do....you are about to DEFEND SLAVERY. Incredible. Truly incredible. Have you no shame? S-L-A-V-E-R-Y!

Tell me, those slaves that you speak of in biblical days (i.e. Hebrews), were they indentured servants or captives of war?
You can't condemn this god for saying that there is no punishment for slave-masters who BEAT their slaves to death as long as the death drags out past a day or two, can you? Almost NOTHING is more barbaric that this verse - and I don't think you can condemn god for this, can you?

Can you tell me how I am defending slavery? I am defending truth. I wish I didn't have to defend truth but someone needs to correct your lies and I guess it will be me.

Tell me... do you understand the difference between indentured servants and forced slavery?

There you go. Thank you for showing your true colors. I knew it wouldn't be too long.

The Bible did not condone slavery. Can you show me where the Bible explicitly condoned slavery?
Saying that a slave can be BEATEN TO DEATH pretty much frickin' condones slavery!!

Can you tell me how I am defending slavery? I am defending truth. I wish I didn't have to defend truth but someone needs to correct your lies and I guess it will be me.

Tell me... do you understand the difference between indentured servants and forced slavery?
Do you understand that god is morally bankrupt for that verse about beating slaves being ok?

You can't condemn this god for saying that there is no punishment for slave-masters who BEAT their slaves to death as long as the death drags out past a day or two, can you? Almost NOTHING is more barbaric that this verse - and I don't think you can condemn god for this, can you?
I'll get to that soon enough as soon as the proper context is established. It shouldn't take too long.

May not work on this here message board, but that is and ever will be my response to you.
Obviously Jesus has ill-prepared you to deal openly and honestly and logically with the holes in the magic fairy-tale that he taught you - when arrayed against someone who doesn't believe in the fairy-tale.

What holes guy? Point out what you think they are one by one and I will school you on every single issue you fake religion humanist turd.

Bet it up, guy.

You're ill-prepared to worship God and bask in the glory is more like it.

Your pride will not allow that.

You have the gall to think man is smarter than God, that's a mistake.

You have the gall to think you are smarter than God. That takes a special kind of stupid.

Give me the opportunity to own you and your silly pride.

Saying that a slave can be BEATEN TO DEATH pretty much frickin' condones slavery!!
Like I said, I'll get to that soon enough as soon as the proper context is established. Take your time to get your emotions out and then we can discuss it like adults, ok?

Do you understand that god is morally bankrupt for that verse about beating slaves being ok?
I don't think He is. I think you are ignorant about the Bible. Like slavery for instance. Can you show me where the Bible condoned slavery?

Damn.....

Really really great post - showing the true nature of Christianity.

Ephesians 6:4-6: Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart.

Ephesians 6:5:Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

Ephesians And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

Titus 2 Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them,

1 Peter 2:18:Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

Last edited:

Or you could just ADMIT that you are bereft of any cogent response because the Bible is in actuality only a fairy-tale that you mistakenly believe is actually real.

I damn sure ain't admitting ary a thing like that you new-wave satanist fuck.

You think your new-wave made-up shit is better than the bible? If so, you're beyond fucktarded, ok?

You think people haven't been around for the past 2k years?

What a maroon you are.
You just proved my point (with your lack of a cogent response.)

Ephesians 6:4-6: Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart.

Ephesians 6:5:Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

Ephesians 6:9:And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

Titus 2:9:Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them,

1 Peter 2:18:Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.
Which of these verses do you think should be brought forward in the new Scientific Humanist belief system?
We like "love your neighbor", and the Golden Rule, so those are good, but not all Bible verses are good for the world.

Which verse says that?

Forum List

Back