Should LGBT people be allowed to adopt kids?

Perhaps on the same day you'll be able to stop condemning children to a perverse unhealthy life style that you push regardless of the consequences.

Hey Mike, do you actually know of any gay couples that have adopted? Have you ever talked to the kids?

Like I've posted before, I lived with 2 lesbians, Cindy and Connie from 1997 to 1999, and they had a daughter Tawnya, who was 3 when they first got together.

NOTHING in the 2 years that I lived there indicated that there was any harm being done to the child. Tawnya was an honor student, happy, healthy, had 2 loving parents, and she also liked boys.

No, living with gays will not make you gay.
Again you deflect with the best of them. No one has said living with gays will make you gay. Will you ever stop your lying?

Actually, you said that the children were being condemned to a perverse unhealthy lifestyle.

I then told you that Tawnya was an honor student, happy, healthy, well adjusted and liked boys. In other words, a normal teenage girl.

I know what a perverse unhappy lifestyle is, had it happen to me with my biological father, and the 2 step fathers that followed. It was a bunch of mental, physical, and sexual abuse.

Tawnya had a better childhood than what I could have ever hoped for.
You can't stop can you? Twisting, spinning, lying....day in day out. You like queers, fine. Keep the kids away from them.

Not twisting anything, just simply relating experiences from my own life.
When you were child did you win all the make believe games?

Some day you'll grow morally to be able to condemn hatred.
Perhaps on the same day you'll be able to stop condemning children to a perverse unhealthy life style that you push regardless of the consequences.
Sure, some heteros AND some homos are a bad apples, but the Bible did get it wrong when it condemns ALL gays to "hell" (obviously implying that all gays are inherently bad people, of course.) The Bible got that wrong.
Hates the bible, hates children, loves perverted homosexuals.
No, we love the parts of the Bible that are good for humanity ("give to charity"), but not the bad parts about killing gays, etc. We bring forward those good parts, but not the bad parts. Our children deserve that....do yours?

Are you sure about that give to charity thing? Because the general consensus on this board is that the government should cease all aid programs and leave it up to the churches (which are sorely underfunded for the task).
The attitude that we should give to charity is always a good thing.
Charity is #8 on our 10 "commandments"! Which is better than the Biblical 10 Commandments because the Biblical 10 Commandments are about controlling people (they are probably well-intended, though) and telling us stuff that is so common sense that it probably shouldn't be in the top 10.....yeah, we KNOW not to kill ("thou shalt not kill")....god is talking to 3 year-olds. :)

Hey Mike, do you actually know of any gay couples that have adopted? Have you ever talked to the kids?

Like I've posted before, I lived with 2 lesbians, Cindy and Connie from 1997 to 1999, and they had a daughter Tawnya, who was 3 when they first got together.

NOTHING in the 2 years that I lived there indicated that there was any harm being done to the child. Tawnya was an honor student, happy, healthy, had 2 loving parents, and she also liked boys.

Again you deflect with the best of them. No one has said living with gays will make you gay. Will you ever stop your lying?

Actually, you said that the children were being condemned to a perverse unhealthy lifestyle.

I then told you that Tawnya was an honor student, happy, healthy, well adjusted and liked boys. In other words, a normal teenage girl.

I know what a perverse unhappy lifestyle is, had it happen to me with my biological father, and the 2 step fathers that followed. It was a bunch of mental, physical, and sexual abuse.

You can't stop can you? Twisting, spinning, lying....day in day out. You like queers, fine. Keep the kids away from them.

What are the "consequences" of children being adopted by gays?

I kinda did poorly because I'm into reality too much - that's why I like SH, because it doesn't bring forward from the Bible the make-believe stuff like the talking snakes, the talking donkeys, the talking burning bush, the talking invisible dead guy who will let us "survive our own deaths", etc. all of which sounds too much like Lord Of The Rings.
I like science too much, too.

What are the "consequences" of children being adopted by gays?
Two loving parents, in most cases. An orphan finds a loving home.

No, no they should not. That is a warped way for any kid to be raised up.

There are plenty of childless hetero couples that would volunteer.

I had a friend that was raised by 2 korean dykes.

He hated it. They were mean to him.

That shouldn't happen.

There's the definitive answer we've all been waiting for.

The message is, dyke parents are mean.

Or wait, maybe it was because they were Korean!

Damn.....

Look here, I felt real sorry for this guy.

I'm betting it's more on the dyke adopters vs being korean.

(in reality it's probably half n half)

People shouldn't adopt children to be slaves.

They shouldn't be allowed to.

That shouldn't happen.

Damn.....

The Bible approves of slavery - so are you saying that the Bible is wrong?

That shouldn't happen.

Damn.....

You should feel sorry for him. A bad childhood is a gigantic hurdle to get over. But did you ever stop to think that his parents were just assholes? There are plenty of those in the world.....

I don't have to "condemn" this God.

There's no religious requirements for adopting.

Sorry, I have a full-time job.

I have to choose my battles if I'm also going to pay bills.

The Bible does precious little to affect my behavior.

Are you just being a contrarian?
Not to put you down as such, but wouldn't it have been shorter to simply type (and have raised you to a higher moral level as well, my friend) "Yes, I condemn that homophobic god"?

Oh, I still have enough superstition in my blood that I can't quite do that. Besides, I believe that the homophobia is a human-made phenomenon (they wrote the Bible after all), and God doesn't care enough one way or another.

I condemn homophobic people.
Did you talk to God on your I phone?
God just talks to me directly (when I'm not wearing my tinfoil hat so that the government can't read my brainwaves, that is.) :)

That shouldn't happen.

Damn.....

To tell you the truth, it happens in families where there are a mother and father too, especially when it comes to foster families.

I lived with a family called the Winegars for about 3 years, and all I did when I was there was build fences, barns and take care of the animals. What did the other kids do? Well, Kelly was always away at school activities and Kenny was a wimp, which is why Bob had me do the majority of the chores.

After about 3 years of that, as well as them using me to make money (Casey Family Foundation pays for everything for the foster child, from food, to clothes and everything else they pay money for). Well, when Kenny kept getting new clothes while I was getting hand me downs (we were the same size), and I found out what they were doing, I ran away to live with my Grandparents.

Sorry, but heterosexual foster families do the same thing on occasion.

Sure, some heteros AND some homos are a bad apples, but the Bible did get it wrong when it condemns ALL gays to "hell" (obviously implying that all gays are inherently bad people, of course.) The Bible got that wrong.
No, we love the parts of the Bible that are good for humanity ("give to charity"), but not the bad parts about killing gays, etc. We bring forward those good parts, but not the bad parts. Our children deserve that....do yours?

Are you sure about that give to charity thing? Because the general consensus on this board is that the government should cease all aid programs and leave it up to the churches (which are sorely underfunded for the task).
Charity is #8 on our 10 "commandments"! Which is better than the Biblical 10 Commandments because the Biblical 10 Commandments are about controlling people (they are probably well-intended, though) and telling us stuff that is so common sense that it probably shouldn't be in the top 10.....yeah, we KNOW not to kill ("thou shalt not kill")....god is talking to 3 year-olds. :)
\

You know what? You should just STFU about the 10 commandments with your silly-ass "SOME-BETTER-KIND-OF-HUMANIST-THAN-BEFORE,ever! self ok?

You know nothing about the 10 commandments.

Here they are. Let's see how many your religious mindset follows.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

13 Thou shalt not kill.

14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.

19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.

20 And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

21 And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.

22 And the Lord said unto Moses, Thus thou shalt say unto the children of Israel, Ye have seen that I have talked with you from heaven.

23 Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold.

24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.

25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.

26 Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy nakedness be not discovered thereon.

\

You know what? You should just STFU about the 10 commandments with your silly-ass "SOME-BETTER-KIND-OF-HUMANIST-THAN-BEFORE,ever! self ok?

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

13 Thou shalt not kill.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.

19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.

20 And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

21 And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.

22 And the Lord said unto Moses, Thus thou shalt say unto the children of Israel, Ye have seen that I have talked with you from heaven.

23 Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold.

24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.

25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.

26 Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy nakedness be not discovered thereon.
Thanks.

Last edited:

\

13 Thou shalt not kill.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

I think we can agree that democracy would be a better commandment than "no coveting", to be sure. It appears that god didn't understand about democracy (representative republics), but this 10 "commandments" does, mi amigo: Center for Scientific Humanism: The Ten Commandments of Scientific Humanism

>>Lynn Lavner: "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision."

Jesus never said a word about homosexuality. In all of his teachings about multiple things - he never said that gay people should be condemned. I personally think it is very fine for gay people to be married in civil ceremonies. Jimmy Carter

A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality. I replied with another question: 'Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?' We must always consider the person. Pope Francis

So when Jesus says "Love your enemies," he is setting forth a profound and ultimately inescapable admonition.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

From a religious point of view, if God had thought homosexuality is a sin, he would not have created gay people.
Howard Dean

Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?... It is necessary to accompany them with mercy.
Pope Francis

What is straight? A line can be straight, or a street, but the human heart, oh, no, it's curved like a road through mountains.
Tennessee Williams

Down on your knees, and thank heaven, fasting, for a good man's love.
Euripides

The very general occurrence of the homosexual in ancient Greece, and its wide occurrence today in some cultures in which such activity is not taboo suggests that the capacity of an individual to respond erotically to any sort of stimulus, whether it is provided by another person of the same or opposite sex, is basic in the species.
Alfred Kinsey

The sex relation is not a personal relation. It can be irresistibly desired and rapturously consummated between persons who could not endure one another for a day in any other relation.
George Bernard Shaw

There's no specific punishment in the books of fiqh (Islamic laws) that relate to homosexuality per se. They apply to any illicit sexual relations, including prohibited heterosexual acts like adultery. And the punishments are strong, but they are legal fictions because they are impossible to prove. You need four witnesses to say they witnessed (sexual) penetration. In what circumstances are you going to find someone to testify to that?
Hamza Yusuf

I think that the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin, but the Bible also teaches that pride is a sin, jealousy is a sin, and hate is a sin, evil thoughts are a sin. So I don't think that homosexuality should be chosen as the overwhelming sin that we are doing today.
Billy Graham

“To begin with, homosexuality has nothing to do with pedophilia; one is sexual orientation and the other is sexual perversion. Yet, in that most cases of pedophilia involve incest, we must consider the question. If our objective is to prevent pedophilia in adoption then the only logical action is to permit only homosexuals to adopt children who are only of the opposite sex. This would reduce incest to zero. If we permit heterosexual couples to adopt children, then children would be at risk.”
Pope John Paul I

“Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.' (Leviticus 18:22). That means simply that it is foul to do to other men what men habitually, proudly, manfully do to women: use them as inanimate, empty, concave things; fuck them into submission; subordinate them through sex.”
Andrea Dworkin, Right Wing Women

Homosexuality is found in over 450 species. Homophobia is found in only 1. Which one seems unnatural now?
Amber Rrose<<
Queers are unnatural now. You are a sick degenerate freak that wants queers given access to children.

Personal insults ???

You lost the argument/debate/conversation

You don't know me, but you verbally paint me into something you strive desperatly to hate.

I want people who will love a child as if it was their own and devote themselves to raising that child to be a good person with the skills to contribute to society.

\

13 Thou shalt not kill.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

It starts with #3?

It starts with deez between you and me.

You see, I've been around since before any fucktard dreamed up the "whatever humanism" thing it is you're espousing baby.

Last I heard it was "Secular Humanism" and redefining history terms and all kinds of false bullshit.

Here's what I have to say: I don't like false pretentious bullshit.

You don't care for ary a person in this world save pushing your own agenda.

I do care for people in this world, I know a lot of people, I care for them.

Take your empty platitudes and shove them sideways into your colon.

\

13 Thou shalt not kill.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

The first 5 don't really help humanity, they just help Moses' invisible friend control Moses' people.

......They see no distinction between good and evil, .........
We do, actually, we differentiate between the Scientific Humanist teaching of tolerance towards gays (good) vs. the intolerance towards of gays that the Bible teaches and that Christians have so far been unable to improve on in their texts. We have the most "good" overall belief system (I don't want to the the Bible is all "evil", but parts of it are certainly not what's best for humanity, to be sure.)

Ok, I'm not a socialist like you claim, but I'm playing along here. :)
It is easier for you to build straw-men than it is to have an honest discussion. That is exactly what socialists do.

I kinda did poorly because I'm into reality too much - that's why I like SH, because it doesn't bring forward from the Bible the make-believe stuff like the talking snakes, the talking donkeys, the talking burning bush, the talking invisible dead guy who will let us "survive our own deaths", etc. all of which sounds too much like Lord Of The Rings.
I like science too much, too.
I have already established that you don't know much about science.

\

13 Thou shalt not kill.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

The first 5 don't really help humanity, they just help Moses' invisible friend control Moses' people.

And yet here you are trying to control people in Lucifer's name.

Get thee behind me Satan, in the name of Jesus Christ I command thee. That's where you are.

Forum List

Back