Should Nancy Pelosi be the New Democratic House Speaker?

The vote might be interesting. There's a whole lot of Democrats who dislike Pelosi almost as much as the rest of us.

Why do you and other NaziCons hate Pelosi so much?

People hate Pelosi ?

Why.....

I can only figure that it's the left that hates her because she keeps helping the GOP to win and maintain control.

The GOP love her (secretly).
Pelosi did very well for her party

Most successful speaker in 30 years

You keep saying that as if it was significant. If the party doesn't realize it's time to retire the dinosaurs, they're hurting themselves. If all they try to do is get Trump, they're marginalizing themselves.
I have already stated I think they should bring in new blood

The vote might be interesting. There's a whole lot of Democrats who dislike Pelosi almost as much as the rest of us.

Why do you and other NaziCons hate Pelosi so much?

People hate Pelosi ?

Why.....

I can only figure that it's the left that hates her because she keeps helping the GOP to win and maintain control.

The GOP love her (secretly).
Pelosi did very well for her party

Most successful speaker in 30 years

You keep saying that as if it was significant. If the party doesn't realize it's time to retire the dinosaurs, they're hurting themselves. If all they try to do is get Trump, they're marginalizing themselves.
I have already stated I think they should bring in new blood

The next few weeks should be interesting.

what she will do, is put these young whipper snappers on all the House committees, with solid representation on all the committees.... this will give them a chance to learn, have power, and be heard.... instead of it all going to the old geezers....

She will work through all of this, with them... honest to goodness, she really does know what she is doing and knows how to get the votes and address their concerns at the same time..... yes, she can chew gum and walk at the same time....!

She lost me at we need to pass this bill so we can see what's in it.

She's got no business teaching anyone about functions of government.
It really was not as bad as you think or the right wing made it out to be....

the house had already passed their health care bill....so the house members not only got to read it, but also participated in creating it or amending it.We, the public also got the gazillion plus page bill after they passed it....

the senate ALSO passed their version of the bill, which was also available for us to see and read and the house members got to read and see it....

the bill that Nancy said they had to pass it, and then be able to read it was the reconciled bill.... which was the house bill we all saw, the senate bill passed we all saw, combined together, the reconciliation bill....

Oh yeah, that's right. That is how it went down. Thanks for the refresher.

Even if we let Nancy skate, the House still shouldn't have passed anything without the electorate seeing it.

So, I'll compromise with you and Lakhota fitty fitty and Let Nancy slide. Conceded on Nancy. But I'm still raising the black flag about the vote on the House bill.

I think so. I admit that she comes across as somewhat goofy in interviews - but she's experienced, smart, and very effective. She gets results. She remembers Nixon and Watergate. HOWEVER, I believe she should be forced to clarify her positions on how she will lead the House before she is voted on - especially on all things Trump.

What do you think?
Why not, she is more sane than Mad Max looks like. A match made in hell.

upload_2018-11-10_19-38-19.jpeg

I led you to water - but it's up to you whether you drink or not.

Yeah, I'm sorry if i sounded unappreciative or otherwrise obtuse. It was very insensitive of me.

Admittedly,though, I'm not a fan of Snopes fact checking practices, particularly their presentation of the facts, they always exclude relevance. I'm not confident that their fact checkers understand the relevance and scope of some of the things they fact check . Their terms of controversy are way too shallow in my view. So, that's why I stopped reading their fact checks years ago. And even then, the only reason I read them because I wanted to see how deep their fact checking was .

For instance, I did go back and read your link, I kind of felt bad about afterward. The thing is that Snopes, and other sites like it, actually it's their fact checkers, they're unqualified, they don't tell their readers why it's important that we don't vote on legislation that the electorate hasn't seen. That we're not supposed to, that it's not how our form of government is supposed to work. Young people need to learn and know that stuff before hearing any controversy related to it.

Last edited:
She lost me at we need to pass this bill so we can see what's in it.

She's got no business teaching anyone about functions of government.
It really was not as bad as you think or the right wing made it out to be....

the house had already passed their health care bill....so the house members not only got to read it, but also participated in creating it or amending it.We, the public also got the gazillion plus page bill after they passed it....

the senate ALSO passed their version of the bill, which was also available for us to see and read and the house members got to read and see it....

the bill that Nancy said they had to pass it, and then be able to read it was the reconciled bill.... which was the house bill we all saw, the senate bill passed we all saw, combined together, the reconciliation bill....

Oh yeah, that's right. That is how it went down. Thanks for the refresher.

Even if we let Nancy skate, the House still shouldn't have passed anything without the electorate seeing it.

So, I'll compromise with you and Lakhota fitty fitty and Let Nancy slide. Conceded on Nancy. But I'm still raising the black flag about the vote on the House bill.
The house was not voting on the house bill, they had already passed the house bill, everyone saw it before voting....

basically,

the House does their thing, and votes on it

then the Senate does their thing, and votes on it

but if there are any differences between the house's bill and the Senate's bill.... it goes to a committee made up of house members and senate members called the RECONCILIATION committee....

and their job is to combine the house and senate bills together and reconcile their differences... because some times the Senate has things in their's that the house didn't really want, and sometimes the house has something in their bill that the senator's didn't want

in the RECONCILIATION of the two different bills, the committee decides what those compromises will be, and writes ONE NEW BILL, that has all those compromised things in it.

When this happens, that Reconciliation Bill for health care in this case, has to be voted on AGAIN because it will be slightly different than their original bills and the House has to pass this health care bill again with the compromises in it, and the Senators will alo have to vote on the healthcare bill again, with those changes in it from their original bill.

IF let's say the house passes legislation on something, and the Senate agrees with everything in the house bill... the Senate can just pass the Senate's copy of the House bill, with NO CHANGES, and since no compromise is needed because the house and senate bills are the same....

it does NOT NEED to go through the reconciliation process, and be voted on a second time.... only if there are differences in the house and senate bills does it have to be reconciled and voted on AGAIN.

sorry if that is all a tongue twister!!!

The problem is not with Nancy Pelosi; it's with the Democrats' agenda (or the complete lack of one). Even if she is replaced, the Speaker will be speaking nonsense for the entire term. Their ONLY agenda is to defeat Trump in 2020, and to narrow the margin in the Senate, so that in 2022 they might be able to take complete control.

How many times did we hear Mitch McConnell quoted on "making Barry Soetoro a one-term President," as though that was the most despicable thing some from the Loyal Opposition could possibly say.

Hell, they say it every fucking day now, as a badge of honor.

Democrats are swine.

Forum List

Back