Should New York Mayor de Blasio resign?

Should New York Mayor de Blasio resign?

• Yes

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Imagine if the RWNJs had, as citizens, had killed Garner in the same manner.

They would have been charged with murder.

Why did the cops get a pass?
Why would you charge a cop with murder of a thug resisting arrest? Murder is only applicable when intentional or careless. Nothing of the sort happened.

Stop being an asshole.
He wasn't guilty of a crime aside from the imagination of the police. He may have been suspected of a misdemeanor

What makes you convinced that Garner needed to die?

The "silent majority" fantasy is nothing more than an example of self-delusion. You can't understand how someone you don't like could have won, so you come up with excuses - the "silent majority" must agree with you - because otherwise you'd have to accept that your views have been blatantly rejected by the voters.

So when only 10 - 20 people are making the decision for 10 million, will you see any merit to a majority of people who do not want to have a leader elected? Of course not! We must have a leader or the lemming wouldn't know what to do next.

So you're arguing that we should just eliminate the position of mayor?

I'm not sure I'm understanding you.

My point is voting is a sham and this particular election shows the tyranny of the minority loud and clear. Mean while everyone speaks about the majority like good cognitively impaired lemmings.

"Well, he got the majority! Fifteen out 28 votes! Woohoo"

"That's +50% - 1.1%!!!"

It was inevitable that many on the partisan right would contrive a revisionist account of Garner's death, and seek to advance the lie that the violence committed against Garner was 'justified.'

The "silent majority" fantasy is nothing more than an example of self-delusion. You can't understand how someone you don't like could have won, so you come up with excuses - the "silent majority" must agree with you - because otherwise you'd have to accept that your views have been blatantly rejected by the voters.

So when only 10 - 20 people are making the decision for 10 million, will you see any merit to a majority of people who do not want to have a leader elected? Of course not! We must have a leader or the lemming wouldn't know what to do next.

My point is voting is a sham and this particular election shows the tyranny of the minority loud and clear. Mean while everyone speaks about the majority like good cognitively impaired lemmings.

"That's +50% - 1.1%!!!"

So your point is that "elections are bad" in general, rather than anything to do with DeBlasio and the topic of this thread?

What do you suggest we use instead of elections?

"That's +50% - 1.1%!!!"

So your point is that "elections are bad" in general, rather than anything to do with DeBlasio and the topic of this thread?

Correct. I see the bigger picture rather than herpin derps.

Instead, elect yourself to be virtuous.

"Anarchy is no guarantee that people will not kill, kidnap, defraud or steal. Government is a guarantee some will."

Last edited:
Could you please post the link for take down procedure used on Garner being prohibited? Wasn't their african american supervisor present during the arrest being made? Who was your source for that news?

Every single story on the incident says the attack was prohibited. I don't know where you get the idea that it wasn't.

The fact that a Black supervisor doesn't change anything.

I'm still waiting for that link, Doc.

I've already provided a link, I'm sorry that you didn't like it.

Why don't you provide a link to your claim that the "report was wrong", and that the hold used was not prohibited?

You are the one claiming otherwise. It's your responsibility to prove your point and if you cannot? You don't have one. That is how it works in debates, Doc.

Actually, you've got that flipped around.

It's widely accepted by everyone that the hold used on Gardner was against police protocol.

You have made the claim that it was not, the onus of proof is on you.

Eric Garner died in an ambulance of complications from his asthma condition. What news source are you reading these days?

Look up the standard take down procedure officers used. You'll note it wasn't a choke hold. That was a false report.

No, it isn't because the grand jury found the police not guilty. They were not indicted - therein the onus of proof is on you. O'Reilly, Steve Malzberg, Midpoint and others are merely reporting the news. Of course they have opinions. Don't you? As for me, I am not interesting in arguing with you about it. It is clear we disagree and the reason is most likely that I am very conservative and you are not. It is understandable we would see the same story completely differently. Not a problem.

"That's +50% - 1.1%!!!"

Correct. I see the bigger picture rather than herpin derps.

Instead, elect yourself to be virtuous.

"Anarchy is no guarantee that people will not kill, kidnap, defraud or steal. Government is a guarantee some will."
While ideologically I'm not too far from what you're saying, practically it's impossible.

Every single story on the incident says the attack was prohibited. I don't know where you get the idea that it wasn't.

Why don't you provide a link to your claim that the "report was wrong", and that the hold used was not prohibited?

You are the one claiming otherwise. It's your responsibility to prove your point and if you cannot? You don't have one. That is how it works in debates, Doc.

It's widely accepted by everyone that the hold used on Gardner was against police protocol.

Eric Garner died in an ambulance of complications from his asthma condition. What news source are you reading these days?

Look up the standard take down procedure officers used. You'll note it wasn't a choke hold. That was a false report.

No, it isn't because the grand jury found the police not guilty. They were not indicted - therein the onus of proof is on you. O'Reilly, Steve Malzberg, Midpoint and others are merely reporting the news. Of course they have opinions. Don't you? As for me, I am not interesting in arguing with you about it. It is clear we disagree and the reason is most likely that I am very conservative and you are not. It is understandable we would see the same story completely differently. Not a problem.

The grand jury has nothing to do with police patrol policy.

Choke holds aren't illegal, they're just against regulations. It's up to IAB to make a determination on what should be done about the officer involved's use of that hold.

I've decided that it is always good err on the side of mercy and have decided not to discuss de Blasio any more, Doc. It was an interesting discussion. Feel free to continue on without me. I feel more inclined to read the thread on the missing plane in Asia and follow that story. Everything that could be said has been said here I think (for me) Have a nice evening.

p.s. I just noticed your signature about mercy! Wow, Doc! I am impressed.

Your first two sentences contradict each other.

There was no trial so its not possible for the officers to have been found "not guilty".

Your first two sentences contradict each other.

There was no trial so its not possible for the officers to have been found "not guilty".

True. Let me rephrase this for you. They were not "indicted", Luddly. Which means the grand jury decided there would be no "trial". Which means the grand jury did not find them guilty of any wrong doing. Understand now? Good night.

FUCK YES...This piece of shit supported the rioters and thugs that were destroying peoples property. This kind of leadership led to those officers being killed.

Fuck blasio!

Yup and he's turned the entire NYPD against himself as well.

He's a fucking idiot who should fall all over himself apologizine to the NYPD. Failing that he better hope he never needs those guys cause they sure as shit ain't going to be there.

Forum List

Back