Should New York Mayor de Blasio resign?

Should New York Mayor de Blasio resign?

• Yes

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't need to see a video on it, Jeri. I know people who worked on his campaign, and I've known the DeBlasio family for decades.

Tell me what the video claims, and I'll explain why it's bullshit. I have a policy of not watching hysterical youtube videos.

I'm glad you've known the DeBlasio family for decades but what has that got to do with the price of tea in China, Doc? It's a moot point. You are in support of a man who is clearly not wanted as Mayor of New York. He's on his way out. You cannot be Mayor of a city that has the entire police force against you! It's simply not good for the city. Will he do what is good for the NYPD and the city of New York or isn't he? He needs to resign.

What you don't seem to understand is that whether or not the NYPD wants him to be Mayor, he is. He won the election with the biggest margin in the last 60 years.

The NYPD have to change, not him. He got elected, not them.

Just a thought.... the NYPD will be around for a long time...Mayor De Blasio might be a one term Mayor...
He's the one who has to adapt.
No asswipe, he's the fucking boss. Learn to read an org chart.

De Blasio is a Public Servant, not The Boss...as much as he may aspire to run the city like an organized crime syndicate.

Yeah, he's a "public servant".

Not a "NYPD servant".

I don't need to see a video on it, Jeri. I know people who worked on his campaign, and I've known the DeBlasio family for decades.

Tell me what the video claims, and I'll explain why it's bullshit. I have a policy of not watching hysterical youtube videos.

I'm glad you've known the DeBlasio family for decades but what has that got to do with the price of tea in China, Doc? It's a moot point. You are in support of a man who is clearly not wanted as Mayor of New York. He's on his way out. You cannot be Mayor of a city that has the entire police force against you! It's simply not good for the city. Will he do what is good for the NYPD and the city of New York or isn't he? He needs to resign.

What you don't seem to understand is that whether or not the NYPD wants him to be Mayor, he is. He won the election with the biggest margin in the last 60 years.

Just a thought.... the NYPD will be around for a long time...Mayor De Blasio might be a one term Mayor...

De Blasio is a Public Servant, not The Boss...as much as he may aspire to run the city like an organized crime syndicate.
No dummy, he's the boss. They all report to him in the end and if the voters don't like his style they can elect someone else next time. Learn to read a fucking org chart.

Not a "NYPD servant".

That would be "an" NYPD servant. You falsely assume that none of the NYPD are actual NY City voters. But even if they aren't, De Blasio is blithering babbling buffoon. His credibility as a leader is broken beyond repair. If he had a shred of integrity, he'd resign due to the overwhelming "vote" of no confidence he has received from the police force he has a duty to lead.

God Americans are fucking dumb. I don't even know where to begin.
You could begin with public education, not unlike your own.
Mine was okay, and the one I got after was far better. You little shits didn't bother, you never do.
Obviously. Sorry, there is nothing you can do.
About you dumb fucking asswipes, you're correct, there's nothing I can do but watch you slaughter each other, and not fast enough for my taste.

Maybe Al Sharpton our Co President can find some time to help De Blasio run the city.

Holder is going to be out of a job soon. Just the Agent Provacateur to Finish The Job.

Not a "NYPD servant".

That would be "an" NYPD servant. You falsely assume that none of the NYPD are actual NY City voters. But even if they aren't, De Blasio is blithering babbling buffoon. His credibility as a leader is broken beyond repair. If he had a shred of integrity, he'd resign due to the overwhelming "vote" of no confidence he has received from the police force he has a duty to lead.
Yeah well it doesn't work that way and their goddamned opinion is of no goddamned importance. Shut up and do your goddamned job, correctly.

At this point? Anyone would be better than de Blasio. They could open a telephone book and find someone more honorable than de Blasio, I believe.
So this is the true premise of your thread, partisan whining about a mayor for no other reason than he belongs to the 'wrong' political party.

That you're dishonest comes as no surprise.

Not a "NYPD servant".

Yeah well is doesn't work that way and their goddamned opinion is of no goddamned importance. Shut up and do your goddamned job, correctly.

It's pretty clear that you are thoroughly unacquainted with the concept of effective management.

Hardly a surprise there.

Not a "NYPD servant".

Yeah well is doesn't work that way and their goddamned opinion is of no goddamned importance. Shut up and do your goddamned job, correctly.

It's pretty clear that you are thoroughly unacquainted with the concept of effective management.

Hardly a surprise there.
No, I'm well aware of it when it matters but it doesn't in this case. He's the goddamned mayor, shut the fuck and do as he says. You don't have to like the man you serve under, that's not part of the job. If he fired the whole fucking lot of them for this crap he'd have my support. What a bunch of whiny pussies.

Not a "NYPD servant".

Actually, I'm sure that most NYPD members are voters. I'm also pretty sure that none of them voted for DeBlasio in the first place, and they're not anything close to representing the whole of the City.

Again, would you have said the same thing about Rudy or Bloomie when the Teachers gave them a "vote of no confidence"?

Bill DeBlasio ran on police brutality, and he won. That implies that the people of NY want the NYPD to change, not the Mayor.

He should resign because he was not elected by a majority. The silent majority voted "no one".

Great point!

It's actually not a "great point" at all, Jeri.

The "silent majority" doesn't get a say, since they chose not to vote.

Claiming the support of the "silent majority" is just another way of saying "He won, but I don't like him".

He won a slight majority of 24% of the eligible voting population. When it is down to only these sociopaths and their closest sycophants voting, you know all 15 to 20 of them or so, will that give the the silent majority a voice?

Man I hate dictators.

He should resign because he was not elected by a majority. The silent majority voted "no one".

Great point!

Claiming the support of the "silent majority" is just another way of saying "He won, but I don't like him".

He won a slight majority of 24% of the eligible voting population. When it is down to only these sociopaths and their closest sycophants voting, you know all 15 to 20 of them or so, will that give the the silent majority a voice?

Man I hate dictators.

73% - 24% is a "slight majority"?

:lol:

The "silent majority" fantasy is nothing more than an example of self-delusion. You can't understand how someone you don't like could have won, so you come up with excuses - the "silent majority" must agree with you - because otherwise you'd have to accept that your views have been blatantly rejected by the voters.

Could you explain why exactly you think he should resign?

I'll explain why....he openly sided with the Garner family and protestors against the NYPD the same way he'd campaigned against their successful stop and frisk policy that cut crime in half under Rudy and Bloomers. The crap about advising his mulatto son to beware of white police can't be repaired....he's gotta go.

I guess you missed the part where Eric Garner was killed by police brutality.

Eric Garner died in an ambulance of complications from his asthma condition. What news source are you reading these days?

Look up the standard take down procedure officers used. You'll note it wasn't a choke hold. That was a false report.
This is unsurprisingly reprehensible.

Garner was subject to an act of violence by the police, in violation of police policy; that alone justifies condemnation.

There was no aspect of the encounter that warranted a 'take down.'

Great point!

Man I hate dictators.

Yeah, 73% - 24% is roughly 700k people out of 8 million. Math is hard and stuff.

The "silent majority" fantasy is nothing more than an example of self-delusion. You can't understand how someone you don't like could have won, so you come up with excuses - the "silent majority" must agree with you - because otherwise you'd have to accept that your views have been blatantly rejected by the voters.

So when only 10 - 20 people are making the decision for 10 million, will you see any merit to a majority of people who do not want to have a leader elected? Of course not! We must have a leader or the lemming wouldn't know what to do next.

Great point!

Man I hate dictators.

Yeah, 73% - 24% is roughly 700k people out of 8 million. Math is hard and stuff.

Bloomberg was elected with 700k, then again with 700k, then with 500k votes.

Giuliani was elected with 600k.

What's your point?

So when only 10 - 20 people are making the decision for 10 million, will you see any merit to a majority of people who do not want to have a leader elected? Of course not! We must have a leader or the lemming wouldn't know what to do next.

So you're arguing that we should just eliminate the position of mayor?

I'm not sure I'm understanding you.

Forum List

Back