Should New York Mayor de Blasio resign?

Should New York Mayor de Blasio resign?

• Yes

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, De Blabbio should resign. His irresponsible and offensive comments after the Eric Garner incident inflamed violence against the police. He has no idea how to provide proper leadership.

What were those "irresponsible and offensive comments", and how did they "inflame violence"?

Be specific.

Yes, De Blabbio should resign. His irresponsible and offensive comments after the Eric Garner incident inflamed violence against the police. He has no idea how to provide proper leadership.

What were those "irresponsible and offensive comments", and how did they "inflame violence"?

Be specific.
Could you please post the link for take down procedure used on Garner being prohibited? Wasn't their african american supervisor present during the arrest being made? Who was your source for that news?

No, he shouldn't resign. He should, however, probably think about mending fences with the NYPD. Whether he believes he was wrong or not

What fence? I see a brick wall.

That's probably because you have no idea what's going on in NY other than what the Right Wing Pundits on TV tell you.

The NYPD and the Mayor have to, and will, figure out how to work together.

Most of my family lives in New York. They want him to resign. Even those on the left who have see what happened to these two officers are beginning to say it is time for him to go. Let him resign and let New York heal. He has created too much division - there is no turning back now.

Your family + the NYPD still don't represent the population of NYC.

I'm from NYC, my entire family lives there, and none of them want DeBlasio to resign.

My personal anecdote cancels yours.

Not when the statistics are showing 2 - 1 they want De Blasio out. I've got numbers to prove my case here on this very board. Not to mention many, many articles, youtube vids, the entire NYPD turned their backs on him! They want his resignation! What part of that are you not understanding?

I think it's you that's not understanding the situation here.

First, trying to claim that a USMB poll has any actual meaning is really stupid - how many of the posters who voted do you think are actually New Yorkers?

Your articles and youtube videos are all pretty much from the same source - Bill O'Reilly, a conservative pundit who doesn't live in NYC either. The NYPD doesn't represent the city, either.

The only people whose opinion on DeBlasio matters are citizens of the City of New York - and even then, their opinion doesn't matter much. This is how a representative Democracy works.

Be specific.
Could you please post the link for take down procedure used on Garner being prohibited? Wasn't their african american supervisor present during the arrest being made? Who was your source for that news?

Every single story on the incident says the attack was prohibited. I don't know where you get the idea that it wasn't.

The fact that a Black supervisor doesn't change anything.

He should resign because he was not elected by a majority. The silent majority voted "no one".

Great point!

It's actually not a "great point" at all, Jeri.

The "silent majority" doesn't get a say, since they chose not to vote.

Claiming the support of the "silent majority" is just another way of saying "He won, but I don't like him".

For the good of the New York Police Department, the people of New York and the nation, do you believe it is time for New York Mayor de Blasio to resign?

Please vote yes or no. If you are unsure, review the latest news stories and when you come to a decision? Please cast your vote here. Thank you!
Some crazy ****** kills two cops and he should resign why exactly? Oh right, there's no reason at all.

Really? Have you been watching the news much lately, PMH? Hmm.....
Clearly you haven't.

You seek only to propagate the lie that de Blasio was somehow 'responsible' for two police officers being murdered, or the lie that de Blasio doesn't support the police.

You and most other conservatives are truly reprehensible in this regard.

What about the left? What about Moveon.org's petition to remove de Blasio? What shall we make of that?

Confetti for a parade when he announces his resignation?

What makes you think "the left" made that petition?

Anyone can start a petition on MoveOn.org, and anyone can "sign" it.

DeBlasio is not unpopular with New Yorkers, Jeri. The NYPD PBA and Bill O'Reilly don't speak for the entire city, just a small portion of it - a small portion that likely wanted DeBlasio to "resign" before he even took office.
What makes you think the right uses a left wing media to put up a petition?

Some crazy ****** kills two cops and he should resign why exactly? Oh right, there's no reason at all.

Clearly you haven't.

You seek only to propagate the lie that de Blasio was somehow 'responsible' for two police officers being murdered, or the lie that de Blasio doesn't support the police.

What about the left? What about Moveon.org's petition to remove de Blasio? What shall we make of that?

DeBlasio is not unpopular with New Yorkers, Jeri. The NYPD PBA and Bill O'Reilly don't speak for the entire city, just a small portion of it - a small portion that likely wanted DeBlasio to "resign" before he even took office.

Why wouldn't they? It makes sense.

After all, it worked on you, didn't it?

He should resign because he was not elected by a majority. The silent majority voted "no one".

Great point!

Claiming the support of the "silent majority" is just another way of saying "He won, but I don't like him".

You should see the video on how De Blasio got elected, Doc. It might change your mind. (if it were possible) The video is on this thread. Feel free to have a look.

Clearly you haven't.

I didn't use a liberal left wing media to post a petition. Nor have I ever used one. I'm not a liberal. I'm merely putting up the facts. If that is not convenient for you, don't try to change them into something they are not, Doc.

Great point!

You should see the video on how De Blasio got elected, Doc. It might change your mind. (if it were possible) The video is on this thread. Feel free to have a look.

I don't need to see a video on it, Jeri. I know people who worked on his campaign, and I've known the DeBlasio family for decades.

Tell me what the video claims, and I'll explain why it's bullshit. I have a policy of not watching hysterical youtube videos.

Clearly you haven't.

I didn't use a liberal left wing media to post a petition. Nor have I ever used one. I'm not a liberal. I'm merely putting up the facts. If that is not convenient for you, don't try to change them into something they are not, Doc.

You're confusing "opinions" with "facts".

Be specific.

Every single story on the incident says the attack was prohibited. I don't know where you get the idea that it wasn't.

I'm still waiting for that link, Doc.

I've posted the evidence while all I am hearing from you is spin. Where is the link, Doc?

Be specific.

I'm still waiting for that link, Doc.

I've already provided a link, I'm sorry that you didn't like it.

Why don't you provide a link to your claim that the "report was wrong", and that the hold used was not prohibited?

I've posted the evidence while all I am hearing from you is spin. Where is the link, Doc?

No, you're posting opinions - opinions of Bill O'Reilly, yourself, and the PBA.

That's not "evidence" of anything more than their opinions.

Great point!

I don't need to see a video on it, Jeri. I know people who worked on his campaign, and I've known the DeBlasio family for decades.

Tell me what the video claims, and I'll explain why it's bullshit. I have a policy of not watching hysterical youtube videos.

I'm glad you've known the DeBlasio family for decades but what has that got to do with the price of tea in China, Doc? It's a moot point. You are in support of a man who is clearly not wanted as Mayor of New York. He's on his way out. You cannot be Mayor of a city that has the entire police force against you! It's simply not good for the city. Will he do what is good for the NYPD and the city of New York or isn't he? He needs to resign.

Forum List

Back