Should people have to perform/provide services for gay weddings?

[

Oh no....you are quick to boast about being a hero and being handy with the "chicks"......sorry old man you are the fake and this board knows it.

Real "heroes" don't brag about it.

Never said I was a hero. Said I earned medals for my service. I mean I know that you can't spell, but is reading comprehension one of your weak points, too?

Probably why you never made it past e-4, but I doubt you made it out of the Induction center.

Poor Joe...rage against the machine.....

[

Oh no....you are quick to boast about being a hero and being handy with the "chicks"......sorry old man you are the fake and this board knows it.

Real "heroes" don't brag about it.

Never said I was a hero. Said I earned medals for my service. I mean I know that you can't spell, but is reading comprehension one of your weak points, too?

Probably why you never made it past e-4, but I doubt you made it out of the Induction center.

Yeah...what with him raging against "facism" and all that..................

You are a "fascist" kid....you support forcing others to support whatever you think is right :)

Look its ok you are gay, I support you in it.

I also support you having all the rights accorded to others...I also support non gays in having their own beliefs....something you can't stomach....because as a "fascist" you need to control those different than yourself.

My sister is gay kid.....you are the one blinded by hatred.

You are a "fascist" kid....you support forcing others to support whatever you think is right :)

I also support you having all the rights accorded to others...I also support non gays in having their own beliefs....something you can't stomach....because as a "fascist" you need to control those different than yourself.

Look who's raging now. :lol:

Look who's raging now. :lol:

How sad.

Now I just feel sorry for you, I am betting someone close to you has judged you and hurt you very badly.

I am content in your hatred kid.

I guess the topic is no longer the focus of discussion?
Just as well because those against gay marriage can't see it as a rights issue and those against can't see the perversion that they are promoting.

That about sum it up?

Nobody cares what the "gay" community thinks about Chik-Fil-A kid, we just don't care how bigoted you people are.

So people boycotting fried chicken on a stick are the bigoted ones, not the owners of said franchise that want to discriminate against tax paying citizens? Riiiggghhhtttt....

You are as bigoted as it gets.

You have zero tolerance disparate views, his are as valid as yours.

The owners of said franchise didn't discriminate against anyone. The boycott arising from a public statement in support of traditional marriage gave the company their best day in history.

That's the way it works when a miniscule minority makes more noise than they can back up.

So people boycotting fried chicken on a stick are the bigoted ones, not the owners of said franchise that want to discriminate against tax paying citizens? Riiiggghhhtttt....

The owners of said franchise didn't discriminate against anyone. The boycott arising from a public statement in support of traditional marriage gave the company their best day in history.

That's the way it works when a miniscule minority makes more noise than they can back up.

I know they didn't.

Nobody cares what the "gay" community thinks about Chik-Fil-A kid, we just don't care how bigoted you people are.

Yes, when it comes to intolerance, I'm "bigoted". I won't eat at an establishment where the owner doesn't believe I should have rights equal to him.

I'm not trying to deny him his rights, I'm just not frequenting his establishment. I don't want to see him arrested or fined for being an asshole, I just won't eat his deep fried crap. It doesn't get any more "free market" than that.

Am I wrong, but the percentage of gays can never change. No matter if a child is raised with gays or not. If I hear right it is not a choice. So logically the percentage of gays should never change.

On Face the Nation this morning Bob Schieffer was surprised to hear that people such as bakers and photographers are facing fines and possibly jail time for not providing their services to gay weddings. Whatever you feel about whether people should be forced to facilitate something they are religiously opposed to, it says a lot about the media coverage that Schieffer didn't even know about it.

Do you feel people who are religiously opposed to gay marriage should have to cater to gay weddings?

Obama said he won't make churches perform gay weddings. So, if we believe him, that one little corner of culture might not be forced to change. But everything else is fair game, isn't it.

Public schools will be actively attempting to make children view gay marriage as normal. Adoption agencies will be penalized for not arranging for children to be placed with gay couples. And bakers could lose thousands of dollars or go to jail if they refuse to put two plastic men on top of a wedding cake.

To answer your question directly. NO..
Even political correctness has limits.

I never said he did...he expressed a desire to prevent marriage equality. I don't want him jailed or fined, I simply choose not to frequent his establishment.

Noise making minority...are you referring to the Tea Party or the "One Million Moms" (one mom in a basement) that have been so effective boycotting JC Penney, Ellen, Modern Family, Disney, etc?

Am I wrong, but the percentage of gays can never change. No matter if a child is raised with gays or not. If I hear right it is not a choice. So logically the percentage of gays should never change.

The number of people born predisposed toward homosexuality will not change, but the number coming out will...

On Face the Nation this morning Bob Schieffer was surprised to hear that people such as bakers and photographers are facing fines and possibly jail time for not providing their services to gay weddings. Whatever you feel about whether people should be forced to facilitate something they are religiously opposed to, it says a lot about the media coverage that Schieffer didn't even know about it.

Do you feel people who are religiously opposed to gay marriage should have to cater to gay weddings?

Obama said he won't make churches perform gay weddings. So, if we believe him, that one little corner of culture might not be forced to change. But everything else is fair game, isn't it.

Public schools will be actively attempting to make children view gay marriage as normal. Adoption agencies will be penalized for not arranging for children to be placed with gay couples. And bakers could lose thousands of dollars or go to jail if they refuse to put two plastic men on top of a wedding cake.

I think people should have the right to determine who they will serve.

Absoulty not.

The number of people born predisposed toward homosexuality will not change, but the number coming out will...

The number of people born predisposed toward homosexuality could change. Chemicals in the environment could feasibly affect prenatal hormones more in coming years than they have in the past.

Whatever this has to do with the topic ... lol ... just thought I'd toss it out there.

I think people should have the right to determine who they will serve.

Well, a few federal laws disagree with the way you think it should be. Lets see...get to repealing that Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act won't you? Oh yeah, and those non-discrimination laws that say I can't discriminate based on someone's religion...work on those will you?

All of us. No one can say that it is okay to discriminate against one group of people but not another, especially when neither minority are breaking any laws.

How would you like being forced into serving someone? Don't you like the idea of being able to control the machinations of your own business? Of course not Noomi, you'd rather the government tell you whom you can and WILL serve, under pain of financial ruin.

Do you think I should be allowed to refuse to serve people who are black?

Does your religion forbid it?

Some religions are against gays and we can't make people go against their religion.

How would you like being forced into serving someone? Don't you like the idea of being able to control the machinations of your own business? Of course not Noomi, you'd rather the government tell you whom you can and WILL serve, under pain of financial ruin.

Do you think I should be allowed to refuse to serve people who are black?

Does your religion forbid it?

Some religions are against gays and we can't make people go against their religion.

The same bible that's used as an excuse to discriminate against gays was used to discriminate against blacks. A judge even used the bible as justification for anti-miscegenation laws. That's okay?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back