Should people have to perform/provide services for gay weddings?

I was almost willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your misunderstanding was just due to a lack of education, as evidenced by an inability to comprehend the written word. Then I say your little icon blurb and realized it had nothing to do with education, and everything to do with you being a brain dead liberal.

It is a known fact that conservatives are dumb. Read this and educate yourself.

Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism

Are racists dumb? Do conservatives tend to be less intelligent than liberals? A provocative new study from Brock University in Ontario suggests the answer to both questions may be a qualified yes.

The study, published in Psychological Science, showed that people who score low on I.Q. tests in childhood are more likely to develop prejudiced beliefs and socially conservative politics in adulthood.

Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism

I'll put my IQ up against yours any day of the week.

Anyone who uses the word fact to describe an obvious opinion is a biased idiot.

It is a fact that this is what they found to be true in the study. I can understand why you don't like it. But it is what it is.

The man that ran it said they weren't "forced" out, they didn't want to abide by the law to get the government contract.

Forced out meaning they were "forced" to choose between adhering to their own faith or violating that faith in the face of government coercion.

Where in the Bible does it say that homosexuals shouldn't raise children?

It doesn't... Instead it said that they should be stoned to death in one part..... What has that to do eith anything?

Welcome to my nightmare

Forced out meaning they were "forced" to choose between adhering to their own faith or violating that faith in the face of government coercion.

It doesn't... Instead it said that they should be stoned to death in one part..... What has that to do eith anything?

Welcome to my nightmare

The bible also says we should stone to death:

• People that touch Mt Sinai
  • People that take "accursed things"
  • Folks that curse or blaspheme
  • Those that commit Adultery
  • Women who are not virgins on their wedding night
  • People who worship other gods
  • Children who curse their parents
  • Anyone working on a Sunday

Not really a good arbiter of who should be stoned to death...to quote the song...

Everybody must get stoned

Last edited:
The man that ran it said they weren't "forced" out, they didn't want to abide by the law to get the government contract.

Where does it say they should ? Where does it say murderers or thieves shouldn't raise children ? Or child molesters, or wife beaters ? Seriously, that was dumb.

Welcome to my nightmare

^in short, dude don't know. Say, post the part that says that would ya ?

Welcome to my nightmare

Not really a good arbiter of who should be stoned to death...to quote the song...

Its not bad being ignorant. But when you are willfully ignorant, its just a crime. What does any of the bull shit you posted have to do with a business owner offering a service or not ?

Welcome to my nightmare

Its not bad being ignorant. But when you are willfully ignorant, its just a crime. What does any of the bull shit you posted have to do with a business owner offering a service or not ?
No actually she is correct. The old testament says many things like this....All ofcourse meaningless after Jesus. Still has jack shit to do with the discussion.

No actually she is correct. The old testament says many things like this....All ofcourse meaningless after Jesus. Still has jack shit to do with the discussion.

Yet another who relies on the blue letter bible and Google for their bible knowledge. He/she is not correct. We should stone people who choose to not know what they are talking about. Still, what in the hell does that have to do with anyone who don't want to provide services to gay people ?

Yet another who relies on the blue letter bible and Google for their bible knowledge. He/she is not correct. We should stone people who choose to not know what they are talking about. Still, what in the hell does that have to do with anyone who don't want to provide services to gay people ?

Maybe you need to read the bible some son. It has nothing to do with it which is what I have been saying.

Welcome to my nightmare

Since they're doing it on religious grounds, the bible does kinda apply...but I was just responding to the stoned guy.

Since they're doing it on religious grounds, the bible does kinda apply...but I was just responding to the stoned guy.
Oh I see because you dont believe sodomy is a sin others should be forced to cater weddings for fudge packers?

Oh I see because you dont believe sodomy is a sin others should be forced to cater weddings for fudge packers?

That would depend upon the public accommodation laws of each, individual state.

I wonder if these same moralist refuse to perform weddings for divorcees.

Jesus never said a thing about gays...he was very clear about divorce.

Catholics refuse to perform weddings for those who have been divorced.
That is their absolute right.

Ursine mammals evacuate in sylvan environments.

Do you really believe that a divorcee can get married in a Catholic church?

The Catholic Church does not recognize divorce. In order for a Catholic that has been divorced to remarry, they have to get a church judgment of invalidity, an annullment.

No, unless the previous marriage is found to be not valid or the former spouse has died (Canon 1085).
The marriage covenant is sealed by God, and the Church does not have the authority to dissolve it (see Catechism #1639-1640); the Church bases this on the teaching of Jesus (see Mark 10:6-12).
A new marriage is permitted, however, if the proper Church authorities determine that the previous marriage was invalid from the beginning. A declaration that the previous marriage was invalid is called a declaration of nullity, or more commonly, an annulment. An annulment is not a type of divorce, because it does not dissolve the marriage bond; it merely confirms that the marriage bond was never properly contracted in the first place.
- See more at: Catholic Wedding Help: Can we get married in the Catholic Church if one of us is divorced?

Joe Kennedy had to get a church annullment of his 16 year marriage. It was unfortunately reversed and he found himself still married, according to church doctrine.

Annulments are necessary for divorced Catholics who want to remarry within the church, because the church does not recognize civil divorce. Annulment does not mean that a couple was never married but that the union was somehow flawed from the start.

Vatican reverses Kennedy ruling - The Boston Globe

Pastors, priests, etc., should have the right to refuse doing the religious ceremonial aspect of marriages,

but because they have chosen to be civil servants qualified to officiate over civil marriages, they should be as obligated as any justice of the peace or other judge, etc., not to discriminate in marrying 2 people who can legally marry.

Ursine mammals evacuate in sylvan environments.

Do you really believe that a divorcee can get married in a Catholic church?

The Catholic Church does not recognize divorce. In order for a Catholic that has been divorced to remarry, they have to get a church judgment of invalidity, an annullment.

No, unless the previous marriage is found to be not valid or the former spouse has died (Canon 1085).
The marriage covenant is sealed by God, and the Church does not have the authority to dissolve it (see Catechism #1639-1640); the Church bases this on the teaching of Jesus (see Mark 10:6-12).
A new marriage is permitted, however, if the proper Church authorities determine that the previous marriage was invalid from the beginning. A declaration that the previous marriage was invalid is called a declaration of nullity, or more commonly, an annulment. An annulment is not a type of divorce, because it does not dissolve the marriage bond; it merely confirms that the marriage bond was never properly contracted in the first place.
- See more at: Catholic Wedding Help: Can we get married in the Catholic Church if one of us is divorced?

Joe Kennedy had to get a church annullment of his 16 year marriage. It was unfortunately reversed and he found himself still married, according to church doctrine.

Annulments are necessary for divorced Catholics who want to remarry within the church, because the church does not recognize civil divorce. Annulment does not mean that a couple was never married but that the union was somehow flawed from the start.

Vatican reverses Kennedy ruling - The Boston Globe

Woah! Slow down there, buckaroo. You said (in essence) "churches can't be forced to marry". I responded (translated) "Bears shit in the woods". In other words what else you got from the "no shit, Sherlock" files?

Forum List

Back