Should people have to perform/provide services for gay weddings?

Ursine mammals evacuate in sylvan environments.

Do you really believe that a divorcee can get married in a Catholic church?

The Catholic Church does not recognize divorce. In order for a Catholic that has been divorced to remarry, they have to get a church judgment of invalidity, an annullment.

No, unless the previous marriage is found to be not valid or the former spouse has died (Canon 1085).
The marriage covenant is sealed by God, and the Church does not have the authority to dissolve it (see Catechism #1639-1640); the Church bases this on the teaching of Jesus (see Mark 10:6-12).
A new marriage is permitted, however, if the proper Church authorities determine that the previous marriage was invalid from the beginning. A declaration that the previous marriage was invalid is called a declaration of nullity, or more commonly, an annulment. An annulment is not a type of divorce, because it does not dissolve the marriage bond; it merely confirms that the marriage bond was never properly contracted in the first place.
- See more at: Catholic Wedding Help: Can we get married in the Catholic Church if one of us is divorced?

Joe Kennedy had to get a church annullment of his 16 year marriage. It was unfortunately reversed and he found himself still married, according to church doctrine.

Annulments are necessary for divorced Catholics who want to remarry within the church, because the church does not recognize civil divorce. Annulment does not mean that a couple was never married but that the union was somehow flawed from the start.

Vatican reverses Kennedy ruling - The Boston Globe

Woah! Slow down there, buckaroo. You said (in essence) "churches can't be forced to marry". I responded (translated) "Bears shit in the woods". In other words what else you got from the "no shit, Sherlock" files?

Accept my apologies. I had no idea that you expressed yourself so poorly.

Do you really believe that a divorcee can get married in a Catholic church?

The Catholic Church does not recognize divorce. In order for a Catholic that has been divorced to remarry, they have to get a church judgment of invalidity, an annullment.

No, unless the previous marriage is found to be not valid or the former spouse has died (Canon 1085).
The marriage covenant is sealed by God, and the Church does not have the authority to dissolve it (see Catechism #1639-1640); the Church bases this on the teaching of Jesus (see Mark 10:6-12).
A new marriage is permitted, however, if the proper Church authorities determine that the previous marriage was invalid from the beginning. A declaration that the previous marriage was invalid is called a declaration of nullity, or more commonly, an annulment. An annulment is not a type of divorce, because it does not dissolve the marriage bond; it merely confirms that the marriage bond was never properly contracted in the first place.
- See more at: Catholic Wedding Help: Can we get married in the Catholic Church if one of us is divorced?

Joe Kennedy had to get a church annullment of his 16 year marriage. It was unfortunately reversed and he found himself still married, according to church doctrine.

Annulments are necessary for divorced Catholics who want to remarry within the church, because the church does not recognize civil divorce. Annulment does not mean that a couple was never married but that the union was somehow flawed from the start.

Vatican reverses Kennedy ruling - The Boston Globe

Woah! Slow down there, buckaroo. You said (in essence) "churches can't be forced to marry". I responded (translated) "Bears shit in the woods". In other words what else you got from the "no shit, Sherlock" files?

I didn't express myself poorly, you didn't understand the big words.

Ursine mammals (bears) evacuate (shit) in sylvan environments (the woods).

I understood what you said, your choice of "big words" exceeds your capacity for comprension.

why do homosexual perverts deserve special rights?

Nobody is asking for special rights, just equal ones.

They already have the precise same rights I do.... no they want special ones.

And, naturally, you can list these "special" rights I now have by being legally married to my partner of 17 years (and having that legal marriage recognized by the Federal Government). Please, tell me how "special" I am now.

give the progressives time.... They dont really care about homosexuals they are just using the perverts for their own ends and that is to change the nation to fit their world view of the select elite few controlling the ignorant masses. Progressives are jealous of God cause that means there is something better then them.

I understood what you said, your choice of "big words" exceeds your capacity for comprension.

Wait, I'm confused. You understood what I said, but still you claim it was poorly expressed? If you understood "Bears shit in the woods" why did you go off on your rant?

And, naturally, you can list these "special" rights I now have by being legally married to my partner of 17 years (and having that legal marriage recognized by the Federal Government). Please, tell me how "special" I am now.

Nether one of us can marry the same sex in many states.......Thats the same rights.... No what they want is special rights to destroy traditional marriage and try to normalize their perverted behavior.

Why should they have been able to teach that something which wasn't normal was normal?

Because gay marriage never should have been prohibited in the first place.

People were smart back then. They knew was the definition of a marriage was.

Is. Marriage is between one man and one woman; that is and always will be the norm. Instead of forcing the vast majority to change the definition of marriage (to include same-sex), it should be civil unions for all (that include the exact same financial benefits) and marriage left to religious institutions. But no, once again the majority is forced to swallow whatever the minority says, via the government. It. Is. Bullshit.

To the op: as they should have done with banning smoking in establishments, the government should stay the hell out of the decision of whom a business caters to. That decision should be left up to the businesses to decide.

Forced out meaning they were "forced" to choose between adhering to their own faith or violating that faith in the face of government coercion.

:lol: Not giving you government money to discriminate isn't "forcing" no matter how you try to spin it. Catholic Charities can still do private adoptions, they simply do not get a government contract.

Which would make it impossible to do because there are fixed costs to any operation.

You need to give it up. You've been unmasked for lying and gross partisanship already.

So...they've made a choice, haven't they? No one MADE the Catholic Church take government money, have they?

Its not bad being ignorant. But when you are willfully ignorant, its just a crime. What does any of the bull shit you posted have to do with a business owner offering a service or not ?

Since they're doing it on religious grounds, the bible does kinda apply...but I was just responding to the stoned guy.
Oh I see because you dont believe sodomy is a sin others should be forced to cater weddings for fudge packers?

So...how do these caterers KNOW that the straight couples aren't into sodomy too? Are they asking them? Are they spending time, like you do, thinking MORE about what couples do in bed?

Nether one of us can marry the same sex in many states.......Thats the same rights.... No what they want is special rights to destroy traditional marriage and try to normalize their perverted behavior.

But if both of us can marry a person of the same sex, that's "the same right" as well, correct? What special right do I have because I am legally married in CA to my same sex partner and receive the same rights, benefits and privileges?

Your argument was used in the fight against interracial marriage. It was argued that anti-miscegenation laws did not violate the Constitution because they applied equally to both races and sexes. Black men could not marry white women and vice versa. That argument failed.

They aren't asking for any right you won't also receive.

They are asking to be accommodated. They aren't asking for rights. First it's "keep government out of my marriage" then it "I need government in my marriage." I saw how they reacted when SCOTUS handed down their decision. They whine when they don't have all of the toys.

Seriously, who in their right mind is going to fall for that bullshit?

What state is a plumber required to provide service to anyone on demand?
Where is that?
Private business can refuse service to anyone at any time based on numerous things.
Walk in restaurant service is different as well as many walk in commercial entities.
NO one will be required to go and do anything at a gay wedding if they do not want to.
And where is the dumbass "capitalist" that turns down business because it comes from gay folk?
That is the complete idiot in this. I have many gay and lesbian clients in my business.
Only a fool turns down business based on sexuality.
But they have that right to do it and nothing changes other than the walk in business.
If you have a invitee business then you can not discriminate NOW against anyone so NOTHING changes.

Forum List

Back