Should people have to perform/provide services for gay weddings?

i want Muslim meat markets to sell me pork....

i think all meat markets should 'equally' 'accomodate' me...:eusa_whistle:

I think you should sue a muslim meat market over that. Let us know how it goes. I'm with you. :clap2::clap2::clap2: Nail those jewish kosher markets too.

I think you should grow up. You keep suing people when you can't take no for an answer.

Ah...you whine about muslim meat markets...I encourage you...and you want ME to grow up?

:lol: :lol:

BTW, I've never sued anyone in my life. Wrong again, buckaroo. :D

Really piss poor analogy. Nobody is forcing a vegetable stand to sell meat (which is what your analogy entails). Places are being prohibited from NOT selling or performing services (not religious services to clarify for the morons) to individual groups of people.

Sometimes doing this violates things like...oh, the Civil Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities Act and many state's Public Accommodation and anti discrimination laws.

Homosexuals are "disabled"?
Who knew!

No one should be required to violate their religious belief to accommodate anyone. A restaurant cannot be commanded to sell halal meat, neither can a restaurant that wishes to serve only halal meat be required to serve non halal meat no matter how much meat is on the menu.

I guess we are...as much as minorities are disabled...as much as women are disabled...as much as religious groups are disabled.

You're disabled too, right?

Okay, I grant you that such mental defects as homosexuality should be considered a mental disability.

But we do not provide throne rooms for someone who believes themselves a king. We do not wallpaper restaurants with tin foil for those who believe the CIA is beaming thoughts directly into their heads. What makes gay mental disabilities worthy of accommodation while other mental disabilities don't get accommodation?

Really piss poor analogy. Nobody is forcing a vegetable stand to sell meat (which is what your analogy entails). Places are being prohibited from NOT selling or performing services (not religious services to clarify for the morons) to individual groups of people.

Sometimes doing this violates things like...oh, the Civil Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities Act and many state's Public Accommodation and anti discrimination laws.

we're not talking about meat and vegetables.....we're talking about meat and meat (pork)....

same thing with wedding cakes.....we're talking about wedding cakes and wedding cakes (gay ones)....

why is it you excuse the Muslims from accomodating everybody but not the Christians.....?

i thought freedom of religion included everybody....

Because Christians don't make youtube vids of them beheading you or ware vests made of bombs into your eating places because they disagree with you.

Thank our secular laws in this secular country for that, my friend. :D

I think you should sue a muslim meat market over that. Let us know how it goes. I'm with you. :clap2::clap2::clap2: Nail those jewish kosher markets too.

I think you should grow up. You keep suing people when you can't take no for an answer.

Ah...you whine about muslim meat markets...I encourage you...and you want ME to grow up?

My god, do you not recognize sarcasm when you see it? Screaming Eagle was not serious! And do you not possess enough deductive reasoning skills to understand that when I say "you" I refer to those who are similar in standing as you, other gay people. Damn, you are so dense, I'm surprised you haven't put a hole through your floor. Yes, you should grow up, you yourself are not without a sense of irony.

Hey, weren't you the same folks that were chanting "KEEP GOVERNMENT OUT OF MY MARRIAGE" before they struck down DOMA? Oh so now government is allowed to regulate marriage, now that you have your "rights".

No, we were not. Perhaps you confused us with another group....you know, that group that has ACTIVELY tried to eliminate civil marriage altogether. What's the name of that group, again?

No, I don't. I live in a liberal town. Lots of gay people here. All I've heard is that government should not have a play in marriage. But here they are lauding an action (SCOTUS) by the very same government they not so earlier reviled. I hold no personal opinion on marriage, other how it should go unregulated by the government. I would have more respect for your position, were it not for your rank hypocrisy.

“It’s a no-brainer that (homosexual activists) should have the right to marry, but I also think equally that it’s a no-brainer that the institution of marriage should not exist."

-Masha Gessen, Gay Rights activist

One person, this Masha Gessen. What state does he/she live in? What has this person done to eliminate civil marriage in their state?

Who knew!

No one should be required to violate their religious belief to accommodate anyone. A restaurant cannot be commanded to sell halal meat, neither can a restaurant that wishes to serve only halal meat be required to serve non halal meat no matter how much meat is on the menu.

I guess we are...as much as minorities are disabled...as much as women are disabled...as much as religious groups are disabled.

Okay, I grant you that such mental defects as homosexuality should be considered a mental disability.

But we do not provide throne rooms for someone who believes themselves a king. We do not wallpaper restaurants with tin foil for those who believe the CIA is beaming thoughts directly into their heads. What makes gay mental disabilities worthy of accommodation while other mental disabilities don't get accommodation?

My goodness, you ARE disabled, aren't you? :eusa_eh: You still don't see how you misread that last post.

My god, do you not recognize sarcasm when you see it? Screaming Eagle was not serious! And do you not possess enough deductive reasoning skills to understand that when I say "you" I refer to those who are similar in standing as you, other gay people. Damn, you are so dense, I'm surprised you haven't put a hole through your floor. Yes, you should grow up, you yourself are not without a sense of irony.

I appreciate GOOD Irony. You have yet to provide any....just more whining about the gays getting equal rights. You poor put upon people.

i think all meat markets should 'accomodate' me...:eusa_whistle:

we're not talking about meat and vegetables.....we're talking about meat and meat (pork)....

same thing with wedding cakes.....we're talking about wedding cakes and wedding cakes (gay ones)....

why is it you excuse the Muslims from accomodating everybody but not the Christians.....?

Nobody is forcing the bakery to sell meat. Here's an analogy I hope you'll understand (although i'm having my doubts). Bakery sells wheat bread to Jews and Muslims but refuses sell to Christians. That's illegal. Bakery bakes wedding cakes but refuses to bake a "gay" wedding cake (stupid). That's illegal in many states. Get it?

Nobody is forcing the bakery to sell meat. Here's an analogy I hope you'll understand (although i'm having my doubts). Bakery sells wheat bread to Jews and Muslims but refuses sell to Christians. That's illegal. Bakery bakes wedding cakes but refuses to bake a "gay" wedding cake (stupid). That's illegal in many states. Get it?

I DO want Templar to give us a list of these muslim bakeries so we can test out his theory.

i think all meat markets should 'accomodate' me...:eusa_whistle:

Who knew!

Is that you being intentionally obtuse? If you want to be able to deny anyone for any reason, you must first repeal all those things I mentioned.

Again you people with your off base analogies. Nobody is forcing them to sell something they don't already sell. They sell cakes. If they refused to sell a cake to a Protestant couple, because they were Protestant, would that be okay? (It would be illegal)

"Allowing gays and lesbians to openly serve in the military will cause a decline in unit cohesion"
That turned out to be true also?
Gay marriage is much ado about nothing.
Let them marry and be miserable like us heterosexuals!

My goodness, you ARE disabled, aren't you? :eusa_eh: You still don't see how you misread that last post.

I didn't misread it. Neither did I misread the post that said that Americans With Disabilities Act applies to homosexuality. Is homosexuality a disability or not? If it is, then the ADA applies to such defects. If not, the whole post was bullshit.

Because Christians don't make youtube vids of them beheading you or ware vests made of bombs into your eating places because they disagree with you.

exactly right.....Muslims scream bloody murder around the world for a cartoon.....they'd easily scream and kick out any gays wanting a gay wedding cake....and probably offer them free vests to go to blow themseves up....

gays attack Christians on every front because Christians will not riot and issue fatwahs and cut throats like Muslims will....

that's why Christianity is the true religion of Peace.....not Islam....

"Allowing gays and lesbians to openly serve in the military will cause a decline in unit cohesion"

The only reason why there is no decline in military unit cohesion is because anyone who recognizes that there is, will instantly have their career ended.

exactly right.....Muslims scream bloody murder around the world for a cartoon.....they'd easily scream and kick out any gays wanting a gay wedding cake....and probably offer them free vests to go to blow themseves up....

gays attack Christians on every front because Christians will not riot and issue fatwahs and cut throats like Muslims will....

You're not being "attacked", you're having laws apply to you equally. Rastafarians can't claim their religion to smoke pot, you can't claim yours to violate Public Accommodation and anti-discrimination laws.

I didn't misread it. Neither did I misread the post that said that Americans With Disabilities Act applies to homosexuality. Is homosexuality a disability or not? If it is, then the ADA applies to such defects. If not, the whole post was bullshit.

Except the post did not say that. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Those Crusades were sure peaceful. So was the Reformation. And Pograms....very peaceful. And let's not forget that paragon of Peace, the Inquisition. :doubt:

The only reason why there is no decline in military unit cohesion is because anyone who recognizes that there is, will instantly have their career ended.

Tell us your experience with military unit cohesion, Katz.

Forum List

Back