Should public schools be mandated to teach the Bible?

Should public schools be mandated to teach the Bible?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Bible is a book of knowledge and rightly belongs in our schools.

The Bible reveals that only God can "establish" his religion within a person. The state can't do this, so the so-called 'establishment clause' is moot.

When I was called into the church my wife desperately wanted to as well. I found her crying in frustration while trying to understand what she was reading in the Bible. "I just don't get it", she lamented. She never did get it because she wasn't called to it.

I think the great fear of many is that God will actually call some students into his church through Bible study. I remember a fellow bitterly cursing a certain church because his best friend, and long-time drinking buddy, was called out of that world.
Keep it to your self-----someone might want to medicate you

The Bible is a book of knowledge and rightly belongs in our schools.

The Bible reveals that only God can "establish" his religion within a person. The state can't do this, so the so-called 'establishment clause' is moot.

So the Bible says that forcing Bible Study isn't 'establishing' religion.....and you're citing the Bible as a constitutional document?

Because I've ready the Constitution. It doesn't mention the Bible once

Literacy is still the foundation of education. Hard to build a house without tools.

You need literacy, you need math, you need thinking, you need motivation.

Lots of things, take one out and it doesn't quite work.

However the Bible isn't going to teach you to read.

It is fun to listen to the 'Don't Indoctrinate our KIDS!!' crowd call for mandatory bible study in public schools.

It is fun to listen to the 'Don't Indoctrinate our KIDS!!' crowd call for mandatory bible study in public schools.

The amount of compartmentalization that goes on here is amazing. People will claim to be "pro-life" one minute and then support war and executions the next, their religion teaches them this.

Imagine a God that killed all but 8 humans, and most animals, and they call this God a "loving God".

So the Bible says that forcing Bible Study isn't 'establishing' religion.....and you're citing the Bible as a constitutional document?

As I stated before, studying math doesn't force one to become a mathematician.

The 1st Amendment is held as the "establishment clause" regarding religion. Studying the Bible doesn't establish the Christian religion any more than reading the Quran makes one a Muslim.

Last edited:

The Bible will teach you what is unavailable anywhere else. Why should the education system neglect such knowledge?

The 1st Amendment is held as the "establishment clause" regarding religion. Studying the Bible doesn't establish the Christian religion any more than reading the Quran makes one a Muslim.
funny you should say that-----there is a "thing" of belief
amongst muslims that---ANYONE WHO READS THE KORAN
GETS SO EXCITED he becomes a muslim

funny you should say that-----there is a "thing" of belief
amongst muslims that---ANYONE WHO READS THE KORAN
GETS SO EXCITED he becomes a muslim
I've read much of the Quran. Not exciting in the least.

There's also a 'thing' that whoever hears the daily calls to prayer comes under the authority of Islam.

I've read much of the Quran. Not exciting in the least.

There's also a 'thing' that whoever hears the daily calls to prayer comes under the authority of Islam.
Muslims are chock full of "things" about the (this is a direct quote) "THE BEAUTY OF ISLAM" along with the idea that everyone
REALLY WANTS to EMBRACE ISLAM---the only thing holding them back is pressure from their own social groups (like those evil
and perverse hindus, christians and jews. I have worked and socialized with lots of muslims and even ventured (as a guest) into
mosques

Last edited:
I think the point of Bible reading in schools might be the realization that both students. teachers, and administrators are adrift morally, and something needs to be done about it. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back