should Ray Epps be arrested ?

should Ray Epps be arrested ?​

Why is this even a question? A better question is why hasn’t he been arrested?

inciting a riot.

Inciting a riot....according to who?

Who was incited? He's seen speaking to Ryan Samsel just before Samsel rushed toward cops and attacked them. But according to both Epps AND Samsel, Epps was trying to talk Samsel OUT of attacking the cops.

So who is your source that Epps incited ANY violence?

should Ray Epps be arrested ?​

Why is this even a question? A better question is why hasn’t he been arrested?

What crime is there evidence he committed?

According to both Epps and Ryan Samsel, Epps tried to talk Samsel out of attacking the police.

How is that a crime?

Says who?

Him encouraging people to go into the Capitol was on January 5th. And by all accounts, he didn't go into the Capitol on January 6th, or encourage anyone to do so on January 6th.

To the contrary, he tried to talk a young man named Ryan Samsel OUT of attacking police doing so. According to both Epps and the young man.

What crime would he be charged with?

I think you're citing a Washington Examiner article. But while they have images of folks outside the capitol, the article doesn't show the video of Epps inside the capitol.

I haven't been able to find it. I even went to Genco's court documents. They don't show any pictures of Epps breaking the law that I was able to find:

Why then is the right so fixated on this dude?
Actually, this Epps guy did go to the Capitol on Jan 6th. He was a part of the mob outside the Capitol. He admits all of that. He also has said that he tried to calm down the crowd. And, there is at least one video supporting his claim.

After months of watching from the shadows as public figures he once respected — Mr. Trump among them — tarred his name and destroyed his reputation, Mr. Epps decided that he wanted to answer that question for himself.

In a daylong interview, sitting in his air-conditioned recreational vehicle with his wife, Robyn, and their two Shih Tzus beside him, Mr. Epps described himself as a father, a former Marine and a staunch but disillusioned conservative whose leaders had betrayed him. He granted the interview on the condition that the location of his new home not be disclosed.

“I am at the center of this thing, and it’s the biggest farce that’s ever been,” he said. “It’s just not right. The American people are being led down a path. I think it should be criminal.”

To that end, Mr. Epps and his wife have been searching for a lawyer to help them file a defamation lawsuit against several of the people who have spread the false accounts.

While Mr. Epps was a participant in some of the events that unfolded on Jan. 6, the claim that he inspired the Capitol riot in a “false flag” plot is solely based on the fact that he has never been arrested and therefore must be under the protection of the government.

But scores, if not hundreds, of people who appear to have committed minor crimes that day were investigated by the F.B.I. but have not been charged or taken into custody.

Mr. Epps said that he had acted stupidly at times when he and one of his sons took a last-minute trip to Washington for Mr. Trump’s speech about election fraud. But he said that he had managed to avoid arrest because he reached out to the F.B.I. within minutes of discovering that agents wanted to speak with him.

On Jan. 8, 2021, just two days after the Capitol was attacked, Mr. Epps learned from a family member that the F.B.I. had issued a be-on-the-lookout alert in his name. He said he immediately called the bureau’s National Threat Operations Center, and his phone records show that he spoke to agents there for nearly an hour.

The F.B.I. has repeatedly declined to comment on Mr. Epps, but his account of calling the operations center — and of sitting down for a formal discussion with federal agents in March 2021 — is backed by transcripts of those interviews reviewed by The New York Times.

The interview transcripts show that Mr. Epps told agents that he had spent much of his time at the Capitol seeking to calm down other rioters, an assertion supported by multiple video clips.

Epps told agents that he had spent much of his time at the Capitol seeking to calm down other rioters:

For two days he shouted to protesters to enter the capital, go inside, he then told a group to push past guards, go inside. Then ran on to the capital property, then fell back with the other FBI agents

For one day. He was seen on January 5th telling people to go into the Capitol. Not on January 6th. And never with any violence.

Inciting violence is an impossible charge to prove when there's a full night's sleep between the supposed 'incitement' and the act of violence. Especially when Epps never called for any act of violence.

Worse, according to both Epps and Samsel, a man that *did* attack police - Epps tried to talk Samsel OUT of attacking the police.

How is that a crime?

Actually, this Epps guy did go to the Capitol on Jan 6th. He was a part of the mob outside the Capitol. He admits all of that. He also has said that he tried to calm down the crowd. And, there is at least one video supporting his claim.

After months of watching from the shadows as public figures he once respected — Mr. Trump among them — tarred his name and destroyed his reputation, Mr. Epps decided that he wanted to answer that question for himself.

In a daylong interview, sitting in his air-conditioned recreational vehicle with his wife, Robyn, and their two Shih Tzus beside him, Mr. Epps described himself as a father, a former Marine and a staunch but disillusioned conservative whose leaders had betrayed him. He granted the interview on the condition that the location of his new home not be disclosed.

“I am at the center of this thing, and it’s the biggest farce that’s ever been,” he said. “It’s just not right. The American people are being led down a path. I think it should be criminal.”

To that end, Mr. Epps and his wife have been searching for a lawyer to help them file a defamation lawsuit against several of the people who have spread the false accounts.

While Mr. Epps was a participant in some of the events that unfolded on Jan. 6, the claim that he inspired the Capitol riot in a “false flag” plot is solely based on the fact that he has never been arrested and therefore must be under the protection of the government.

But scores, if not hundreds, of people who appear to have committed minor crimes that day were investigated by the F.B.I. but have not been charged or taken into custody.

Mr. Epps said that he had acted stupidly at times when he and one of his sons took a last-minute trip to Washington for Mr. Trump’s speech about election fraud. But he said that he had managed to avoid arrest because he reached out to the F.B.I. within minutes of discovering that agents wanted to speak with him.

On Jan. 8, 2021, just two days after the Capitol was attacked, Mr. Epps learned from a family member that the F.B.I. had issued a be-on-the-lookout alert in his name. He said he immediately called the bureau’s National Threat Operations Center, and his phone records show that he spoke to agents there for nearly an hour.

The F.B.I. has repeatedly declined to comment on Mr. Epps, but his account of calling the operations center — and of sitting down for a formal discussion with federal agents in March 2021 — is backed by transcripts of those interviews reviewed by The New York Times.

The interview transcripts show that Mr. Epps told agents that he had spent much of his time at the Capitol seeking to calm down other rioters, an assertion supported by multiple video clips.

At the capitol, yes. In the capitol, no. He never crossed the police lines.....and according to both himself and Ryan Samsel, a man who attacked police, Epps was trying to talk Samsel OUT of attacking the cops.

Where is the crime, exactly?

For one day. He was seen on January 5th telling people to go into the Capitol. Not on January 6th. And never with any violence.

Inciting violence is an impossible charge to prove when there's a full night's sleep between the supposed 'incitement' and the act of violence. Especially when Epps never called for any act of violence.

Worse, according to both Epps and Samsel, a man that *did* attack police - Epps tried to talk Samsel OUT of attacking the police.

How is that a crime?
How is inciting a so-called insurrection? Umm idk I’m not the one putting 70 year-old women with cancer in jail for the charge of parading

Inciting a riot....according to who?

Who was incited? He's seen speaking to Ryan Samsel just before Samsel rushed toward cops and attacked them. But according to both Epps AND Samsel, Epps was trying to talk Samsel OUT of attacking the cops.

So who is your source that Epps incited ANY violence?
You've seen the video of this guy with a booming voice stand in the middle of a crowd and yell "TOMORROW WE ENTER THE CAPITOL!!!!" Yes that is inciting a riot.

I ask again....what would Ray Epps be arrested for? He never even went into the capitol.

And to answer the question why Genco would be arrested while Epps not, even if they have pictures of both in a 'restricted area' (which again, I've never been able to find, nor any supporter of this conspiracy has been able to provide), the answer is simple there too:

Genco was the girlfriend of Ryan Samsel and right next to him when he attacked police. They'd been together all day. When you're the companion of someone who attacks police officers, especially while you're breaking the law to do it......you're more likely to be charged.

Genco was arrested because she went past the police barricade with her friend, Samsel, who fought with police to breach their barricade.

Last edited:
At the capitol, yes. In the capitol, no. He never crossed the police lines.....and according to both himself and Ryan Samsel, a man who attacked police, Epps was trying to talk Samsel OUT of attacking the cops.

He had his cover blown the next day.. it’s why we need the thousands of hours of video

hundreds have been arrested for their actions during the violence committed on Jan 6th ....but for some strange reason one man [ Ray Epps] seen on video inciteming the crowd to commit violence has not been arrested ! why arent dems and dem leaders demanding Epps be brought in ? why isnt he in jail with the rest who trespassed into the capital ?

Yes. Maybe President Desantis will have him arrested

You've seen the video of this guy with a booming voice stand in the middle of a crowd and yell "TOMORROW WE ENTER THE CAPITOL!!!!" Yes that is inciting a riot.

Tomorrow being the key word. There's a full night's sleep between that statement and the actual insurrection.

On the day Trump's people attacked the capitol, Epps didn't cross police lines and tried to talk Ryan Samsel out of attacking the police.

Says who? Says both Samsel and Epps.

Where then is the crime?

I agree with you. He does not seem to have committed any crime.

But, in your post, you did say he was only there on the 5th and not the 6th. That is incorrect. He admits he was part of the mob outside the Capitol on the 6th but claims he did not participate in the break-in.

I agree with you. He does not seem to have committed any crime. But, in your post, you did say he was only there on the 5th and not the 6th. That is incorrect. He admits he was part of the mob outside the Capitol on the 6th but claims he did not participate in the break-in.

I was specifically responding to the claims that Epps told people to go into the capitol. He didn't do this on January 6th. He did it on January 5th. So if those calls were his supposed 'incitement', the timing doesn't work.

That night's sleep makes those charges essentially impossible to prove. Especially when;

1) Epps didn't advocate any violence on January 5th
2) Epps didn't cross police lines on January 6th
3) Epps tried to talk Ryan Samsel OUT of attacking police.

Him being at the capitol isn't a crime unless he crossed police lines, incited violence, attacked cops or entered the capitol. He did none of these things. I've heard claims that he was in a 'restricted area' outside the capitol, but I haven't seen evidence of it. And the only person charged with being in a 'restricted area' outside the capitol was Ryan Samsel's girlfriend......right after he attacked a cop with her at his side.

And yet this is the guy that conservatives have built their latest dipshit conspiracy around?

Wow.

Tomorrow being the key word. There's a full night's sleep between that statement and the actual insurrection.

On the day Trump's people attacked the capitol, Epps didn't cross police lines and tried to talk Ryan Samsel out of attacking the police.

Says who? Says both Samsel and Epps.

Where then is the crime?
LOL. Read the definition of incitement. There are no time conditions, you are just making stuff up. What Ray Epps did was definitely incitement and the bigger question is Was he working for the Feds or was he just a "Concerned Citizen" who decided to fly all the way from Arizona to incite the riot?

Forum List

Back