Should the U.S. Have Two Constitutions?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Should the U.S. have two Constitutions? For Red States, the Constitution would be the original document, plus Amendments, which could be judicially interpreted only in accordance with the plain meaning of its actual wording. For Blue States, it would be a "living" document which could be judicially interpreted in accordance with personal political opinions and/or ignored by the President if he so chooses.

I think Red States would welcome this distinction, while Blue States would oppose it. What is your opinion?

SpoonerFakeNooz.jpg

Should the U.S. have two Constitutions? For Red States, the Constitution would be the original document, plus Amendments, which could be judicially interpreted only in accordance with the plain meaning of its actual wording. For Blue States, it would be a "living" document which could be judicially interpreted in accordance with personal political opinions and/or ignored by the President if he so chooses.

I think Red States would welcome this distinction, while Blue States would oppose it. What is your opinion?
If they can't follow one, why do we need two?

I think the Red States would object the loudest.

I think the Red States and a vast majority of Conservatives detest the Constitution.

Republicans in Florida want news organizations to be required to register with the state before they can talk about state politicians.

Does that sound to you like these fascists are adhering to the Constitution?

Don't make me agree with candycorn.

If they can't follow one, why do we need two?
It does sound like the gun laws in failed cities. If the 16 laws they have don't stop the shootings, enact several more.

Apparently this idea has worked so well they are spreading it to the Constitution.

I'd say the best thing would just be to split the country and then each new country could rewrite the constitutions however each wanted.

Tell me why the Cops can’t search apartments when they know drugs are inside?
OK, I'll play. They need a search warrant. What the hell does that have to do with your statement
"Red States and a vast majority of Conservatives detest the Constitution."

Democrats don't need a Constitution at all. Popular vote determines everything. The hell with laws.

Interesting idea.

Switzerland has 7 presidents.

They rotate, annually.

Republicans don't even respect the Electoral College. They throw an insurrection instead.
Ummmmmmmmmm, Republicans did not throw an insurrection. Maybe you could list one Republican politician who has been arrested for insurrection.

Forum List

Back