🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should there be mandatory training before you can purchase a firearm?

You outlines the basic NRA mantra "Don't worry about dead people. Sell more guns"

I see you have no answers. Let’s try.

Will the OP’s suggestion make criminals less likely to kill? If so, how is training a killer to more effectively kill going to reduce his killing rate?

Will the OPs suggestion stop someone wanting to kill himself less effective in his/her attempt because he is better trained in killing himself?

I’ve just given you two examples, that are 99% of all gun deaths.

Please explain how better training ends the percentage of death caused by guns.

Give it a shot. You might not look as stupid as you appear.
The OP's suggestion is about preventing accidents.

It's not that hard dude. Tighten up.

Oh, that tiny minuscule number. Outline for me how a 10 minute course stops careless people from being careless.

Many thanks

You're right. The tiny course required for CC is not enough to teach anyone anything. That's why we need a real training course.

I see

So you want killers, and the suicidal to be even better trained at their crafts.

Can you explain why you want killers and those that would kill themselves afforded even better training.

It seems self defeating, but maybe you can explain it?

That would be funny if I didn't think you actually believe that crazy crap.

Not a gun nut. a Strict Constructional Federalist, with libertarian leanings.

And that you couldn't reply to my statements shows how useless you are.

You're a RWNJ republican gun nut who has a litany of thinks he likes to call himself, because he's too embarrassed to admit he is a republican RWNJ gun nut.

You use simple labels like that because you can't see any view but your own.

Simple concepts for simple minds.

If you say so, nut job. Careful you don't scratch up the floor with those chains.

That's it, keep thinking you know what you are talking about, cuck.

What scares you is that you know I do.

Nope. Unlike you i try to understand the other sides argument before I reject it.

Oh and a big internet tough guy like you will do the checking?

nah, you will let government do it for you, and then wonder why you are being led away in chains when they come for you for doing something or thinking something against them.

So now you think you are in chains. You're really nuts, aren't you?

Not yet. But progressives want more government power, further away from the people, because THEY know what's best for us.

And you are a fucking lemming.

Yep. You're nuts.

Nope. You just lack the cognitive ability or desire to see things from outside your tight little progressive bubble.

You keep telling yourself that as common sense slowly reforms the out of control gun industry.

How is the gun industry "out of control"

what is "common sense" about making it hard for law abiding people to get firearms?

Stop using standard gun grabber buzzwords, it makes you look like (more of a) tool.

I see you have no answers. Let’s try.

Will the OP’s suggestion make criminals less likely to kill? If so, how is training a killer to more effectively kill going to reduce his killing rate?

Will the OPs suggestion stop someone wanting to kill himself less effective in his/her attempt because he is better trained in killing himself?

I’ve just given you two examples, that are 99% of all gun deaths.

Please explain how better training ends the percentage of death caused by guns.

Give it a shot. You might not look as stupid as you appear.

Oh, that tiny minuscule number. Outline for me how a 10 minute course stops careless people from being careless.

Many thanks

You're right. The tiny course required for CC is not enough to teach anyone anything. That's why we need a real training course.

I see

So you want killers, and the suicidal to be even better trained at their crafts.

Can you explain why you want killers and those that would kill themselves afforded even better training.

You are afforded the time to refute my posts, but you choose to deflect?

Why?

Could it be you can’t?

Want me to start linking to articles about murders committed by those with extensive fire arms training.

I was shocked myself. Not only did they commit the acts, but were highly effective with the weapon of choice.

WTF is that supposed to mean? Your statement is completely illogical: there is no sense in it.

Based on the things I've been reading on these message boards, the posts of pro-gun people, they have obvious psychological problems, and I imagine the reason they don't want to do a psychological test before they are handed a gun is because they fear, and rightly so, they will fail the test. To many itchy fingers, too many having wet dreams hoping someone will break into their house so they can blow them away. Yep. A whole lot of very sick puppies.
Your logic is to impose your set of values on law abiding citizens because of criminal actions of others.............Your logic is flawed and your mindset and opinions are your own..............

Kind of like punishing the cows for the actions of a Coyote raiding the hen house.................Our castrating a neighbor of a rapist for the crimes of a rapist.

You want to ENFORCE YOUR VALUES ON OTHERS.............who don't agree with you.........and we will resist you until hell freezes over.
Your logic doesn't work AT ALL. If your logic worked, we would have no laws and no regulations AT ALL. I don't drive drunk or recklessly, but there are laws against doing so. Why am I punished for what others do? Why do I need to buy liability insurance? I don't steal. Why are there laws against doing so? Why are there laws against cheating on taxes: I don't cheat on my taxes. Why am I punished for what others do?

Your logic is the same as a young child's.

Can you outline these punishments?

I am curious
Seriously?

Punishment isn't the correct word. Punishment is the word the poster used to whom I was replying. It's a childish term and a childish way to represent having regulations and laws in respect to civilized behavior.

You apparently seem unable to see the correlation between requirements and regulations in just about every 'right' we have as 'free' citizens and the right to have guns.

Really your question is just too stupid a question for me to bother with. Figure it out yourself, unless you are too retarded. You are obviously too retarded to pick up on irony.

You are frustrated I see.

Can you explain the problem that the OP will solve by his proposal.

99% of all gun related deaths are caused by suicide and criminal activities.

At best, you think that training these two groups will make them less effective in there deeds? How so? Seems training them makes them more effective, not less.

The one percent is due to carelessness. And I’ve seen no argument made that this training will make careless people less careless.

Do you have anything?
Other countries have requirements for training and psychological testing in the ownership of guns. Pro-gun people are always comparing what they think are lax regulations in Switzerland regarding gun ownership. Not true. The government keeps a list of people who have guns but whom the authorities think may not be psychologically competent to have them. Government officials and psychologists regularly check up on these people and remove their guns, and right to own guns, if they think the person shouldn't have them.

The OP is talking about legally owned guns. Suicides are related to mental health: therefore, psychological tests would help prevent suicides. In Switzerland, most gun related deaths are also due to suicides. As far as crime: most guns used by criminals are illegally obtained, most often stolen from legal owners. When the number of guns in circulation is reduced, criminals have fewer guns. In countries with strict gun control, there is less crime. I live in Spain at present. They have very strict gun control laws and very low crime, one of the lowest in Europe. There is correlation between strict gun control and low crime.

If people get training to own firearms, it wouldn't be just about the literal physical safety, but the wise and careful ownership of them, including keeping them out of the hands of thieves. The reason that illegal had a gun which killed the woman in SF is because the legal gun owner left it unsecured under the driver's seat in his car. The car was parked in downtown SF. Even if it was locked, that is not good gun safety because it is not unusual for someone to break into a locked car.

Last edited:
So now you think you are in chains. You're really nuts, aren't you?

Not yet. But progressives want more government power, further away from the people, because THEY know what's best for us.

Yep. You're nuts.

Nope. You just lack the cognitive ability or desire to see things from outside your tight little progressive bubble.

You keep telling yourself that as common sense slowly reforms the out of control gun industry.

what is "common sense" about making it hard for law abiding people to get firearms?

Stop using standard gun grabber buzzwords, it makes you look like (more of a) tool.

Having a gun rally to celebrate each and every time a mass killing occurs is out of control. Refusing to make any changes to reduce unnecessary gun deaths with the claim that any change won't solve every problem is out of control.

it's government in general, and NYC's laws are what progressives see as the next logical step before they ban private gun ownership entirely.

What i am trying to say, is that any federal law requiring training would be bastardized by any local government that hates private gun ownership to make it as restrictive, expensive and tedious as possible. Not in the interest of safety, but because they don't believe private citizens should have guns.

Did I spell it out enough for you, mouth breather?

You were very clear in articulating your twisted, childish opinion. We're talking federal law goober. If you don't like New York State law, you should move, or elect someone who is a gun nut like you. The citizens of New York don't seem to want gun nuts running their government.

The citizens of Alabama want to ban abortions, should they be able to?

And I have the RKBA as a federal citizen, NYC should not be able to infringe, but its because of lawless cucks like you that we have the situation we have now.

The Fed law would probably make the States do the leg work, and States like NY would let more restrictive places like NYC go even further, while making Upstate gun friendly places follow State laws. (which would be onerous)

Rights are not subject to popular vote.

Cry me a river. You lost all credibility when you decided to become a gun nut.
Gun Nut in the eyes of a Gun Grabber mentality...................Why we believe you are a Gun Grabber Nut.
"Gun Grabber" This is an indication of the way
Your logic is to impose your set of values on law abiding citizens because of criminal actions of others.............Your logic is flawed and your mindset and opinions are your own..............

Kind of like punishing the cows for the actions of a Coyote raiding the hen house.................Our castrating a neighbor of a rapist for the crimes of a rapist.

You want to ENFORCE YOUR VALUES ON OTHERS.............who don't agree with you.........and we will resist you until hell freezes over.
Your logic doesn't work AT ALL. If your logic worked, we would have no laws and no regulations AT ALL. I don't drive drunk or recklessly, but there are laws against doing so. Why am I punished for what others do? Why do I need to buy liability insurance? I don't steal. Why are there laws against doing so? Why are there laws against cheating on taxes: I don't cheat on my taxes. Why am I punished for what others do?

I am curious
Seriously?

Punishment isn't the correct word. Punishment is the word the poster used to whom I was replying. It's a childish term and a childish way to represent having regulations and laws in respect to civilized behavior.

You apparently seem unable to see the correlation between requirements and regulations in just about every 'right' we have as 'free' citizens and the right to have guns.

Really your question is just too stupid a question for me to bother with. Figure it out yourself, unless you are too retarded. You are obviously too retarded to pick up on irony.

At best, you think that training these two groups will make them less effective in there deeds? How so? Seems training them makes them more effective, not less.

The one percent is due to carelessness. And I’ve seen no argument made that this training will make careless people less careless.

Do you have anything?
Other countries have requirements for training and psychological testing in the ownership of guns. Pro-gun people are always comparing what they think are lax regulations in Switzerland regarding gun ownership. Not true. The government keeps a list of people who have guns but whom the authorities think may not be psychologically competent to have them. Government officials and psychologists regularly check up on these people and remove their guns, and right to own guns, if they think the person shouldn't have them.

The OP is talking about legally owned guns. Suicides are related to mentalhealth: therefore, psychological tests would help prevent suicides. In Switzerland, most gun related deaths are also due to suicides. As far as crime: most guns used by criminals are illegally obtained, most often stolen from legal owners. When the number of guns in circulation is reduced, criminals have fewer guns. In countries with strict gun control, there is less crime. I live in Spain at present. They have very strict gun control laws and very low crime, one of the lowest in Europe. There is correlation between strict gun control and low crime.

If people get training to own firearms, it wouldn't be just about the literal physical safety, but the wise and careful ownership of them, including keeping them out of the hands of thieves. The reason that illegal had a gun which killed the woman in SF is because the legal gun owner left it unsecured under the driver's seat in his car. The car was parked in downtown SF. Even if it was locked, that is not good gun safety because it is not unusual for someone to break into a locked car.

Wow, such deflection.

Other countries don’t give their children ADHD drugs and SDRIs (antidepressants) at near the rate we do.

Want a real impact on these rates?

Wonder why the suicide rate among teens is so high now (second leading cause of death). Might want to explore that a bit and the link to ADHD and antidepressants

As for it being mental illness? The suicide rate among those with these mental illnesses and not on those drugs is almost non existent.

So no, it’s not the mental illness, it’s the medication, which by the way, studies have shown, those taking these meds are 50% more likely to commit a violent crime, then those not taking them.

And you think additional fire arm training is the answer?

Good one.

Yep. You're nuts.

Having a gun rally to celebrate each and every time a mass killing occurs is out of control. Refusing to make any changes to reduce unnecessary gun deaths with the claim that any change won't solve every problem is out of control.

Show me a single manufacturer that has a "rally" every time there is a mass shooting.

The problem is WE DON"T TRUST YOU. Every change you propose requires law abiding gun owners or those law abiding citizens who want to own a gun to give up access to exercising one of their rights.

you want every location to be like NYC when it comes to gun rules, or even worse, but you won't admit it, so fuck yourself.

Many thanks

I see

Why?

Could it be you can’t?

Want me to start linking to articles about murders committed by those with extensive fire arms training.

I was shocked myself. Not only did they commit the acts, but were highly effective with the weapon of choice.

No' I don't wish for you to try to change the subject. Your childish attempt to claim mandatory training would just make murderers better at their task is standard NRA rhetoric, and makes lots of sense to their gun nuts, but sane people see it as really stooooopid.

You were very clear in articulating your twisted, childish opinion. We're talking federal law goober. If you don't like New York State law, you should move, or elect someone who is a gun nut like you. The citizens of New York don't seem to want gun nuts running their government.

And I have the RKBA as a federal citizen, NYC should not be able to infringe, but its because of lawless cucks like you that we have the situation we have now.

The Fed law would probably make the States do the leg work, and States like NY would let more restrictive places like NYC go even further, while making Upstate gun friendly places follow State laws. (which would be onerous)

Gun Nut in the eyes of a Gun Grabber mentality...................Why we believe you are a Gun Grabber Nut.

I am curious
Seriously?

Do you have anything?

The OP is talking about legally owned guns. Suicides are related to mentalhealth: therefore, psychological tests would help prevent suicides. In Switzerland, most gun related deaths are also due to suicides. As far as crime: most guns used by criminals are illegally obtained, most often stolen from legal owners. When the number of guns in circulation is reduced, criminals have fewer guns. In countries with strict gun control, there is less crime. I live in Spain at present. They have very strict gun control laws and very low crime, one of the lowest in Europe. There is correlation between strict gun control and low crime.

Wow, such deflection.

Other countries don’t give their children ADHD drugs and SDRIs (antidepressants) at near the rate we do.

Wonder why the suicide rate among teens is so high now (second leading cause of death). Might want to explore that a bit and the link to ADHD and antidepressants

As for it being mental illness? The suicide rate among those with these mental illnesses and not on those drugs is almost non existent.

So no, it’s not the mental illness, it’s the medication, which by the way, studies have shown, those taking these meds are 50% more likely to commit a violent crime, then those not taking them.

Good one.

Got it. We don't need to worry about common sense gun control. All we have to do is get a quick cure for mental illness. It's so simple. I wonder why nobody ever thought of that before.

Yep. You're nuts.

Show me a single manufacturer that has a "rally" every time there is a mass shooting.

The problem is WE DON"T TRUST YOU. Every change you propose requires law abiding gun owners or those law abiding citizens who want to own a gun to give up access to exercising one of their rights.

you want every location to be like NYC when it comes to gun rules, or even worse, but you won't admit it, so fuck yourself.

Show me a single mass shooting in the last several years that didn't have a gun rally to celebrate.

Show me a single mass shooting in the last several years that didn't have a gun rally to celebrate.

Nice goalpost move. Now show me a rally that celebrates mass shootings.

You know, it's hard to debate a person like you that is a fucking liar.

NRA says mass shootings are a perfectly acceptable price for freedom. You ever hear such disgusting crap before?

I am curious
Seriously?

Do you have anything?

Wow, such deflection.

Good one.
The suicide rate in Switzerland is very high, and it is among men with guns. And they aren't on drugs. People who want to own guns should have to take a psychological test. Especially in the US when there are so many mass shootings due to mental illness and when pro-gun people are so excessively intense about their 'right' to own any and all guns and ammo they want: they scream and cry and have mental breakdowns when their 'right' might be regulated in any way: worse than little babies.

Many thanks

I see

Why?

Could it be you can’t?

No' I don't wish for you to try to change the subject. Your childish attempt to claim mandatory training would just make murderers better at their task is standard NRA rhetoric, and makes lots of sense to their gun nuts, but sane people see it as really stooooopid.

Yet you offer no dispute

We will put you in the column with others that would rather win an election then actually do something to save lives.

Let's not get overly dramatic, OK? I haven't demanded anything to begin with however if the government made this the law then yeah..you'll fucking do it if you want a gun.

But the criminals won’t.

And you solved nothing

Except looking like a pinhead.........

Again

It's not really about criminals, but you go ahead with that.

So you want to impose your will on law abiding citizens and not criminals, talk about screwed up priorities.

You must stare at your drivers license and feel imposed on.

Why?, it’s only required when driving on tax payer funded roads.

I would agree that if I choose to shoot at a publicly funded shooting range, my gun should be registered, that I be licensed, and that I carry insurance.

Just like a car

What route do you take to get to the gun range?

I am curious
Seriously?

Do you have anything?

Wow, such deflection.

Good one.
The suicide rate in Switzerland is very high, and it is among men with guns. And they aren't on drugs. People who want to own guns should have to take a psychological test. Especially in the US when there are so many mass shootings due to mental illness and when pro-gun people are so excessively intense about their 'right' to own any and all guns and ammo they want: they scream and cry and have mental breakdowns when their 'right' might be regulated in any way: worse than little babies.

According to the WHO the United States ranks in the 40s of all nations in suicides per 100000. Switzerland is in the 80s.

And.....

Look at the rate of antidepressant use in each.

But the criminals won’t.

And you solved nothing

Except looking like a pinhead.........

Again

So you want to impose your will on law abiding citizens and not criminals, talk about screwed up priorities.

I would agree that if I choose to shoot at a publicly funded shooting range, my gun should be registered, that I be licensed, and that I carry insurance.

Just like a car

Why? I DRIVE a car. I SHOOT a gun

Should my cheese sandwich be licensed because I drive on a road?

Oh, better yet, should only people with drivers licenses be allowed to vote?

Interesting conversation we are about to have.

Looking forward to it.

NRA says mass shootings are a perfectly acceptable price for freedom. You ever hear such disgusting crap before?

You got a direct quote on that?

And again, goalpost move.

Just like a car

Why? I DRIVE a car. I SHOOT a gun

Should my cheese sandwich be licensed because I drive on a road?

Oh, better yet, should only people with drivers licenses be allowed to vote?

Interesting conversation we are about to have.

Looking forward to it.

I assume you take your firearm with you from your house into the public and to the range. This is your argument, not mine but seems to fall apart pretty quickly.

Forum List

Back