🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should there be mandatory training before you can purchase a firearm?

Yeah that makes sense I guess -

Assuming you're a cleaning lady who wants a blind guy with a gun as their client.

Hey, and since the NRA's paid stooge Trump made it legal for mentally ill folks to own guns ...

Then a blind, crazy client with a gun would be even better! :eusa_dance:

Are there any other Constitutionally protected rights you would like to deprive the handicapped of while you are at it ... :dunno:

I'm sure he thinks we should simply label them all hopeless, useless incompetents who need Mommy Government to wipe their little nosies for them. Why not? That's what they think of everyone else in the country.

You are arguing with someone that by their own admission cannot tell the difference in a "bad guy" and their "cleaning lady".
Not to mention the suspect nature of your cleaning lady showing up at 3:00 in the morning.

Yeah that makes sense I guess -

Assuming you're a cleaning lady who wants a blind guy with a gun as their client.

Hey, and since the NRA's paid stooge Trump made it legal for mentally ill folks to own guns ...

Then a blind, crazy client with a gun would be even better! :eusa_dance:

You mean the ACLU who fought to keep asshats like you from stripping Rights from Americans ....

Gun Control Laws Should Be Fair

But gun control laws, like any law, should be fair, effective and not based on prejudice or stereotype. This rule met none of those criteria.

In this era of “alternative facts,” we must urge politicians to create laws based on reliable evidence and solid data.

The thousands of Americans whose disability benefits are managed by someone else range from young people with depression and financial inexperience to older adults with Down syndrome needing help with a limited budget. But no data — none — show that these individuals have a propensity for violence in general or gun violence in particular.

To the contrary, studies show that people with mental disabilities are less likely to commit firearm crimes than to be the victimsof violence by others.

--------------------------
The ACLU and 23 national disability groups did not oppose this rule because we want more guns in our community. This is about more than guns.

Adding more innocent Americans to the National Instant Criminal Background database because of a mental disability is a disturbing trend — one that could be applied to voting, parenting or other rights dearer than gun ownership. We opposed it because it would do little to stem gun violence but do much to harm our civil rights.

First they came for the 18-20 year olds but I didn't say anything because that wasn't me.

Then they came for the disabled, but I didn't say anything because that wasn't me.

Then they came for the veterans and social security recipients but I didn't say anything because that wasn't me.

Then they came for me and there was nobody to speak for me.

First they came for the 18-20 year olds but I didn't say anything because that wasn't me.

Don't talk about Der Donald like that please

elle-msd-students-tweets-1519740330.jpg

"Oh, hey, don't anyone forget the Big Lie I'm peddling in every single post! I sure wouldn't want anyone to think I ever notice the 61,000 times it's been shown to be an enormous pile of bullshit! BIG LIE, folks! Right here! Please, please, please believe it!"

Is there anything you can possibly do to label yourself MORE of a lying, meaningless sack of dog shit? Oh, wait, you could change your name to Kondor!

You are very funny - Thanks!

I have to say, this argument which seems to say that there is nothing wrong or dangerous about blind people with guns is hilarious. :D

Besides defend themselves and exercise their Constitutionally protected rights ...
What else are handicapped people not allowed to do in your world?

...AND, through all this^^^^^^^^^^

You are still seeking a problem for your solution. Let that sink in.
Oh, I hear you saying that there is no problem.

YOUR problem is that you can no longer sell that idea to vast and growing numbers of Americans who have come to realize the wrongness of that response.

Then you would have a response to the question: What is the problem that you have a solution for?

Damn, you are getting boring.
Thank you for your feedback.

You are welcome.

Now, do you have a problem that your solution cures?

We await your answer
The problem, of course, is firearms falling into the wrong hands, or remaining in the wrong hands, once eligibility changes.

The problem is multi-faceted and also includes a lack of responsibility and accountability and transparency with respect to ownership.

The problem also presents as inconsistent existing regulation and enforcement that only nationwide standards can hope to remediate.

The problem is broad and profound and requires a new and consolidated approach, given the diversity of jurisdictions involved to date.

Now that I've played Captain Obvious for you, you may proceed to persuade America that these are not problems that require attention.

You will find yourself playing to a rapidly shrinking audience.

The problem, of course, is firearms falling into the wrong hands, or remaining in the wrong hands, once eligibility changes.

The problem is multi-faceted and also includes a lack of responsibility and accountability and transparency with respect to ownership.

The problem also presents as inconsistent existing regulation and enforcement that only nationwide standards can hope to remediate.

The problem is broad and profound and requires a new and consolidated approach, given the diversity of jurisdictions involved to date.

Now that I've played Captain Obvious for you, you may proceed to persuade America that these are not problems that require attention.

We don't need to persuade anyone to do anything.
We aren't asking you for anything we don't already have.

All you have is a list of things you want ... You are the only one in this negotiation that needs to persuade someone to do something ... Go Pound Sand ... :thup:

I have to say, this argument which seems to say that there is nothing wrong or dangerous about blind people with guns is hilarious. :D

So you have links to the blind being negligent or even wanting to buy guns?

Let’s see em.

Just a solution looking for a problem.....

But desperately wants an audience

Every time you think they/ve just jumped the shark?

They jump another just for shits-n-giggles

Sad :(

Sad you can’t find a link where the blind being negligent with guns.

Even sadder is you using the disabled as pawns in your search of a problem for your bullshit solution

...AND, through all this^^^^^^^^^^

You are still seeking a problem for your solution. Let that sink in.
Oh, I hear you saying that there is no problem.

YOUR problem is that you can no longer sell that idea to vast and growing numbers of Americans who have come to realize the wrongness of that response.

Then you would have a response to the question: What is the problem that you have a solution for?

Damn, you are getting boring.
Thank you for your feedback.

You are welcome.

Now, do you have a problem that your solution cures?

We await your answer

So you advocate for full gun bans

Got it, come get mine.

Got it, come get mine.

The one honest thing the gun control advocates say is ... "We aren't coming to take your guns away".

That's because they won't ... They don't have the balls.
They may require someone else to endanger their lives coming to get your firearms ...
But you can bet it won't be your common gun control forum troll.

...So you advocate for full gun bans...
Nope.

Nothing of what I wrote there or elsewhere even remotely smacks of such a thing.

I advocate for national standards, mechanisms and enforcement, related to vetting, licensing, registration, training, transaction approvals, etc.

Big difference.

...Got it, come get mine.
If you are someone who is not supposed to have them, then... OK... Can-Do.

We don't need to persuade anyone to do anything.
We aren't asking you for anything we don't already have.

All you have is a list of things you want ... You are the only one in this negotiation that needs to persuade someone to do something ... Go Pound Sand ... :thup:

It's coming.

Delude yourselves all you like.

The very next time the Dems have control of the House, Senate, Oval Office and SCOTUS simultaneously.

Too many dead school-kids lying in pools of blood from gun violence already... and there will be more to fuel that fire before it's over.

See you at the voting booth.

"Oh, hey, don't anyone forget the Big Lie I'm peddling in every single post! I sure wouldn't want anyone to think I ever notice the 61,000 times it's been shown to be an enormous pile of bullshit! BIG LIE, folks! Right here! Please, please, please believe it!"

Is there anything you can possibly do to label yourself MORE of a lying, meaningless sack of dog shit? Oh, wait, you could change your name to Kondor!

"You're very funny" = "I don't want to admit you tore me a new one".

One more time, you try to turn "Trump wants crazy people to have guns!" into a meme, and once more I point out that YOU want getting Social Security to be a sign of mental illness. All Trump did was defend the right to due process of Social Security recipients.

You want to keep guns out of the hands of the violently mentally ill? Fine. But get off your lazy ass and actually do the work, instead of trying to pawn it off onto some broad-brush, identity-politics scam that screws innocent people out of their rights.

You don't get to point fingers and pass judgement on this, Chuckles, because it's LEFTISTS who are guilty and should be ashamed of themselves.

It's coming.

Delude yourselves all you like.

The very next time the Dems have control of the House, Senate, Oval Office and SCOTUS simultaneously.

Too many dead school-kids lying in pools of blood from gun violence already... and there will be more to fuel that fire before it's over.

See you at the voting booth.

What's coming ... What are you going to do?
If you want pools of unnecessary blood ... You are free to keep demanding it.

Your vote won't stop a bullet ... :thup:

"You're very funny" = "I don't want to admit you tore me a new one".

One more time, you try to turn "Trump wants crazy people to have guns!" into a meme, and once more I point out that YOU want getting Social Security to be a sign of mental illness. All Trump did was defend the right to due process of Social Security recipients.

You want to keep guns out of the hands of the violently mentally ill? Fine. But get off your lazy ass and actually do the work, instead of trying to pawn it off onto some broad-brush, identity-politics scam that screws innocent people out of their rights.

You don't get to point fingers and pass judgement on this, Chuckles, because it's LEFTISTS who are guilty and should be ashamed of themselves.

All Trump did was defend the right to due process of Social Security recipients.

obviously leftist do not care about rights nor due process

Forum List

Back