🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should US oil cpompanies who sell their oil outside of the US lose their subsidies?

Trump pulled 11 thousand troops out of Afghanistan and released 5 thousand prisoners by September of 2020. Why didn't he ship any equipment home?
You have a good point. Why if trump was going to pull out of Afghanistan did he not protect American equipment in the process,

Keystone was obviously a strategic pipeline, a pipeline of significance. Both the pro KeyStone and anti-Keystone put a premium on it. Instead of calling people morons, maybe you ought to ask why the premium from both sides?
It's not an American pipeline, it's a Canadian govt. pipeline, for one, and they used eminent domain laws to force it through. Less than 5% of the crap is is processed in the Gulf Coast refineries total input, and it cost three times more and produces less than 20% per bl equivalent in transportation fuel. It's crap the Canadians don't want to pump across their own lands, even though the line to tidewater for them would be a lot shorter than it is to Port Arthur.

All the XL does is cut across a corner, only shortens toe route a few miles, yet it runs across a major aquifier. Even the Republican governor of the state opposed it, it's unnecessary and the water is much more valuable to both local residents and the farmers and other businesses in the state. It's just another Big Boys Run Over Little Boys scam, which of course is why Wall Street and the GOP shills are all for it. It doesn't even knock a nickel off the costs per bl equivalent, if that.

Like I said, the Keystone to Port Arthur has been operating for years now, and what's more it started springing leaks early on, too, which shouldn't happen with a brand new pipeline, so they didn't even give a shit about building it right to begin with.

Last edited:
Trump pulled 11 thousand troops out of Afghanistan and released 5 thousand prisoners by September of 2020. Why didn't he ship any equipment home?

Because he was supplying the Afghan military, that's why. At the time there was no reason to pull it out. But when Dementia decided he was going to get everybody in the military out at one time, he should have made plans knowing whoever was left in the Afghan army was going to try and get the hell out of there.

Because he was supplying the Afghan military, that's why. At the time there was no reason to pull it out. But when Dementia decided he was going to get everybody in the military out at one time, he should have made plans knowing whoever was left in the Afghan army was going to try and get the hell out of there.
Trump never negotiated with the afghan army, just the Taliban.

Trump never negotiated with the afghan army, just the Taliban.

It had nothing to do with what Dementia did. The problem is the left can't accept or admit their failures. When they do something stupid, try to blame it on somebody else. The Democrat party is the party of excuses.

It had nothing to do with what Dementia did. The problem is the left can't accept or admit their failures. When they do something stupid, try to blame it on somebody else. The Democrat party is the party of excuses.
Would you have sent them thousand soldiers back to Afghanistan?

You still don't know anything about keystone XL.
I know enough that it clearly was a premium to those who pushed for it and those who killed it. I also know that it was to be significant infrastructure running through the US. I know that the market responded in kind when when the project was killed.

Would you have sent them thousand soldiers back to Afghanistan?

I would have done what Trump would have done. Start removing our military gear first after the Afghan people split up their military. After it was moved or destroyed, make sure Americans were advised we were pulling out. If the Taliban prevented them from getting to the airport like they did under Dementia, yes, we will bring in more troops if that's what's needed to get our people out. Then remove all the Afghan people who helped our military out. When everybody and our equipment was gone, THEN remove our troops.

I know enough that it clearly was a premium to those who pushed for it and those who killed it. I also know that it was to be significant infrastructure running through the US. I know that the market responded in kind when when the project was killed.
It's a boondoggle. The company has lots of unused pipeline capacity all over the US. They take out a loan and pocket 10% off the top for walking around money.

I would have done what Trump would have done. Start removing our military gear first after the Afghan people split up their military. After it was moved or destroyed, make sure Americans were advised we were pulling out. If the Taliban prevented them from getting to the airport like they did under Dementia, yes, we will bring in more troops if that's what's needed to get our people out. Then remove all the Afghan people who helped our military out. When everybody and our equipment was gone, THEN remove our troops.
American expats had 20 months notice to leave Afghanistan.

It's not an American pipeline, it's a Canadian govt. pipeline, for one, and they used eminent domain laws to force it through. Less than 5% of the crap is is processed in the Gulf Coast refineries total input, and it cost three times more and produces less than 20% per bl equivalent in transportation fuel. It's crap the Canadians don't want to pump across their own lands, even though the line to tidewater for them would be a lot shorter than it is to Port Arthur.

All the XL does is cut across a corner, only shortens toe route a few miles, yet it runs across a major aquifier. Even the Republican governor of the state opposed it, it's unnecessary and the water is much more valuable to both local residents and the farmers and other businesses in the state. It's just another Big Boys Run Over Little Boys scam, which of course is why Wall Street and the GOP shills are all for it. It doesn't even knock a nickel off the costs per bl equivalent, if that.

Like I said, the Keystone to Port Arthur has been operating for years now, and what's more it started springing leaks early on, too, which shouldn't happen with a brand new pipeline, so they didn't even give a shit about building it right to begin with.
Again, the people who supported Keystone XL and the people who opposed it, put a premium on it. Beyond Keystone, you also have an Administration whose first order of business was to cease Federal land leases for drilling. Collectively, this Administration pushes restrictive policies against US fossil fuel production and infrastructure.

It's a boondoggle. The company has lots of unused pipeline capacity all over the US. They take out a loan and pocket 10% off the top for walking around money.
Is that why opponents fought so hard to kill it?

It only benefits the Chinese owners of Canadian tarsands. The US just gets the environmental impact. The Canadians won't build this hazard across Canada.

Across Canada to where? The oil was going to our refineries that are able to process these tar sand oils. From there we were going to use some and ship some out. The oil is going over the US no matter what. But it's much safer to pump the oil than it is to have it run across our country in tanker cars on trains.

Forum List

Back