Should we add 6 seats to the Supreme Court like Dems are supporting?

Law professor: Court-packing should be 'last resort'

Dems are mad that the POTUS gets to name judges and the Pub majority senate confirms.

As a result, Dimms can’t legislate from the bench as they always try to do because their policies suck d they can’t get legislation passed.

So the Dimms want to stack the court and push through their ideas via the bench, subverting Congress.

Do we need 15 judges?

No. We need the Justices of the Supreme Court to stand for reelection by popular vote when they have served 20 years on the Court, on the first general election after their anniversary date..

We need the members of the Supreme Court to swear for or affirm to a Code of Ethics - they are the only judges or justices to not have one.
Text of the Oaths of Office for Supreme Court Justices

“I, _________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

“I, _________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as _________ under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God.”

Those are plenty good enough.

Lefties don’t use the Constitution, they use whatever is politically expedient at the time.
Righties use the constitution to wipe their (unmentionables).

Dems are mad that the POTUS gets to name judges and the Pub majority senate confirms.

As a result, Dimms can’t legislate from the bench as they always try to do because their policies suck d they can’t get legislation passed.

So the Dimms want to stack the court and push through their ideas via the bench, subverting Congress.

Do we need 15 judges?

No. We need the Justices of the Supreme Court to stand for reelection by popular vote when they have served 20 years on the Court, on the first general election after their anniversary date..

We need the members of the Supreme Court to swear for or affirm to a Code of Ethics - they are the only judges or justices to not have one.

“I, _________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

“I, _________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as _________ under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God.”

Lefties don’t use the Constitution, they use whatever is politically expedient at the time.

Moscow Mitch is a Lefty? Who would have known?

No. There is no reason to, and after the democrats latest stunt of threatening the SC, I hope people see the idiocy of the suggestion.

No. There is no reason to, and after the democrats latest stunt of threatening the SC, I hope people see the idiocy of the suggestion.

I was thinking more of the Republicans’ stunt of blocking Obama from filling a seat.

Do we need 15 judges?

For example?

Do we need 15 judges?

For example?
The actions of that thing squatting in the Oval Office.

I was thinking more of the Republicans’ stunt of blocking Obama from filling a seat.
Actually it was Harry Reid that started that trend. Nuclear Option. Remember?
I can’t recall Reid preventing a president from filling a SCOTUS vacancy...can you?

Because the R's continued to block nominations for any and all efforts by Obama to fill posts, as well as the judiciary ones.

Because the R's continued to block nominations for any and all efforts by Obama to fill posts, as well as the judiciary ones.

That was a good thing.

For example?
You mean the legally-elected President of the United States, Donald Trump?

For example?
That is one way of describing the Tweeter in Chief.

The size of the Court has been changed a number of times. The first president to do so was our second president, Adams, the purpose was to prevent Jefferson from making an appointment.

For example?
That is one way of describing the Tweeter in Chief.
It's the reality way. The way that doesn't give a shit about leftist butthurt.

Do we need 15 judges?
Nope. And I won't vote for anyone who supports it, either.

You DO grasp that every one of the 22 prospects of the Bolshevik democrat party support court packing, even Biden, right?

Democrats look at packing the Supreme Court to pack the vote - CNNPolitics

There's no reason to add numbers. It's only democrats are unhappy because their agenda isn't being marched forward by the SC.

Do we need 15 judges?
Nope. And I won't vote for anyone who supports it, either.
Why not? Our courts are being packed with unqualified hacks now. How would you resolve that problem?

Pick up your rifle, fucker.

You traitors want to give it a go?

There's no reason to add numbers. It's only democrats are unhappy because their agenda isn't being marched forward by the SC.
Well, if the Democrats could run any candidates who weren't all trying to out-crazy each other, and put forth ideas that appealed to American citizens, they could win without trying to change the rules.

Increasing the sizes of federal District and Circuit courts and the Supreme Court require the approval of both the House and the Senate as well as the President. So, the chances are kind of slim unless one party or another has a huge victory in 2020.

You DO grasp that you Marxists will be slaughtered in 2020? You HAVE to know you're going to lose the house, by a MASSIVE wave, right?

Nah, you're too fucking dumb, you're going to be wailing about "how did this happen...."

Forum List

Back