Should we be force feeding gitmo prisoners?

Maybe you've figured out why they are not in the US, and why they shouldn't be.

It's irrelevant where they are.
No, it is certainly not. People overseas are not protected by the US Constitution, even Americans.

People overseas, whether an American citizen or not, are protected from the U.S. government by the Constitution, because the Constitution limits what the U.S. government has the power to do.

You facts advers idiots are just going to ignore half have been cleared of any wrongdoing huh?

Do you even read the links you post?

The decisions reached on the 240 detainees subject to the review are as follows:

• 126 detainees were approved for transfer. To date, 44 of these detainees have
been transferred from Guantanamo to countries outside the United States.
• 44 detainees over the course of the review were referred for prosecution
either in federal court or a military commission, and 36 of these detainees
remain the subject of active cases or investigations. The Attorney General has
announced that the government will pursue prosecutions against six of these
detainees in federal court and will pursue prosecutions against six others in
military commissions.
• 48 detainees were determined to be too dangerous to transfer but not feasible
for prosecution. They will remain in detention pursuant to the government’s
authority under the Authorization for Use of Military Force passed by
Congress in response to the attacks of September 11, 2001. Detainees may
challenge the legality of their detention in federal court and will periodically
receive further review within the Executive Branch.
• 30 detainees from Yemen were designated for “conditional” detention based
on the current security environment in that country. They are not approved
for repatriation to Yemen at this time, but may be transferred to third
countries, or repatriated to Yemen in the future if the current moratorium on
transfers to Yemen is lifted and other security conditions are met.

FINAL REPORT GUANTANAMO REVIEW TASK FORCE

And remember this is President Obama's interagency Guantánamo Review Task Force.

You know the man you hold in such high regard.

You bitch about these alleged innocent men still being held but not a single harsh word about the man responsible for keeping them there.

B. Decisions
Based on interagency reviews and case-by-case threat evaluations, 126 of the 240
detainees were approved for transfer by agreement of senior officials from the agencies
named in the Executive Order.

Your point is?

You were bitching about these clowns not being released.

By transfer they mean transferred to another prison, not released moron!

You facts advers idiots are just going to ignore half have been cleared of any wrongdoing huh?

Do you even read the links you post?

The decisions reached on the 240 detainees subject to the review are as follows:

• 126 detainees were approved for transfer. To date, 44 of these detainees have
been transferred from Guantanamo to countries outside the United States.
• 44 detainees over the course of the review were referred for prosecution
either in federal court or a military commission, and 36 of these detainees
remain the subject of active cases or investigations. The Attorney General has
announced that the government will pursue prosecutions against six of these
detainees in federal court and will pursue prosecutions against six others in
military commissions.
• 48 detainees were determined to be too dangerous to transfer but not feasible
for prosecution. They will remain in detention pursuant to the government’s
authority under the Authorization for Use of Military Force passed by
Congress in response to the attacks of September 11, 2001. Detainees may
challenge the legality of their detention in federal court and will periodically
receive further review within the Executive Branch.

• 30 detainees from Yemen were designated for “conditional” detention based
on the current security environment in that country. They are not approved
for repatriation to Yemen at this time, but may be transferred to third
countries, or repatriated to Yemen in the future if the current moratorium on
transfers to Yemen is lifted and other security conditions are met.

FINAL REPORT GUANTANAMO REVIEW TASK FORCE

And remember this is President Obama's interagency Guantánamo Review Task Force.

You know the man you hold in such high regard.

You bitch about these alleged innocent men still being held but not a single harsh word about the man responsible for keeping them there.

To me that (the bolded portion) is garbage and violently un-American. Obama should be ashamed that he let this stand for a day much less 4.25 years.

What part of they are too violent to be transferred to another prison is un-American?

These idiots were captured on the battle field trying to kill Americans and we should just let them go?

Would you like them to be released in your neighborhood?

No, it is certainly not. People overseas are not protected by the US Constitution, even Americans.

People overseas, whether an American citizen or not, are protected from the U.S. government by the Constitution, because the Constitution limits what the U.S. government has the power to do.
Certainly convoluted stuff, but I'll tell you what, if I get arrested here in the Czech Republic and try to assert my constitutional rights as an American citizen, I'd either get laughed at or patiently told that those rights are for those in the US. The constitution holds no sway outside of the US, it really isn't that difficult to understand.

What part of they are too violent to be transferred to another prison is un-American?

These idiots were captured on the battle field trying to kill Americans and we should just let them go?

The "captured on the battlefield" meme is bullshit. The DoD's own records have shown that many detainees were captured in their homes after being fingered by tribal rivals.

It's like the Salem witch trials all over again, except without the trials.

What a bunch of fucking pussies the UnConservatives on the New Right have turned out to be! Always ready for someone else to shed blood for America, but piss their pants at the very thought of a Muslim foot on American soil.

Jesus H. Christ.

Try them, sentence them, put them in prison. Build a prison way the fuck out in the middle of the Badlands if you are so frighted of a guy behind bars who can't possibly escape.

Last edited:

No they're not.

Are you stupid?

The Constitution is designed to protect the citizens of the United States not every swinging dick in the world!

Other more specific law protects or subjects people who are not citizens to our laws. For example you cannot deport a U S Citizen but you can deport a non citizen.

The courts have ruled that, while they are within the borders of the United States, illegal aliens are granted the same fundamental, undeniable constitutional rights granted to all Americans.

Illegal Aliens and Constitutional Rights – Do Illegal Aliens Have Constitutional Rights?

U.N. officials: Force-feeding Guantanamo protesters violates international law | The Raw Story

I don't believe we should. I don't know the law on this but it seems wrong to me.

No, the U.S. should not be force feeding people, and should let the prisoners who have been exonerated, at the very least, go home.

Home doesn't want them. Why? Because they're terrorist!

Yemen will take the Yemenis back.

The "captured on the battlefield" meme is bullshit. The DoD's own records have shown that many detainees were captured in their homes after being fingered by tribal rivals.

It's like the Salem witch trials all over again, except without the trials.

What a bunch of fucking pussies the UnConservatives on the New Right have turned out to be! Always ready for someone else to shed blood for America, but piss their pants at the very thought of a Muslim foot on American soil.

Jesus H. Christ.

Try them, sentence them, put them in prison. Build a prison way the fuck out in the middle of the Badlands if you are so frighted of a guy behind bars who can't possibly escape.

Link!

Certainly convoluted stuff, but I'll tell you what, if I get arrested here in the Czech Republic and try to assert my constitutional rights as an American citizen, I'd either get laughed at or patiently told that those rights are for those in the US. The constitution holds no sway outside of the US, it really isn't that difficult to understand.

That's because you're making out what I'm saying into something else entirely. I'm not saying that the Czech Republic will recognize the U.S. Constitution. I'm saying that, regardless of your citizenship or location on the Earth, the U.S. Constitution restricts what the United States government may do to you.

Last edited:

No they're not.

Are you stupid?

The Constitution is designed to protect the citizens of the United States not every swinging dick in the world!

Other more specific law protects or subjects people who are not citizens to our laws. For example you cannot deport a U S Citizen but you can deport a non citizen.

The courts have ruled that, while they are within the borders of the United States, illegal aliens are granted the same fundamental, undeniable constitutional rights granted to all Americans.

Illegal Aliens and Constitutional Rights – Do Illegal Aliens Have Constitutional Rights?

Where is that spelled out in the Constitution?

No they're not.

Are you stupid?

I believe it's in the 14th Amendment.

No they're not.

Are you stupid?

I believe it's in the 14th Amendment.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

Nowhere does it say that the U.S. government has the power to treat non-citizens, be they in the country or out of the country, differently from citizens within the borders of the United States.

Yes they will take them back if we pay them.

“Of course we will need money, we will need logistical support; of course we are committed to doing what’s necessary,” she said. “But also, the American government has a duty to support us.”
Hooria Mashhour, Yemen’s minister of human rights

That the best you got?

Impossible.

There are NO prisoners at Gitmo.

All the prisoners who Bush was holding were sent home (or flown to Washington) in January, 2009 exactly as He promised.

Weren't they????

That's because you're making out what I'm saying into something else entirely. I'm not saying that the Czech Republic will recognize the U.S. Constitution. I'm saying that, regardless of your citizenship or location on the Earth, the U.S. Constitution restricts what the United States government may do to you.
Ok, not a very sharp tack, I see. The rights entitled to those in the US are not applicable to those outside of US soil. The human excrement in Gitmo do not have those rights because Gitmo, like other overseas military bases are not on US soil. The Constitution makes no stipulations as to what the US government can or can't do outside of the US. I know of no constitution that does.

Forum List

Back