Should we be force feeding gitmo prisoners?

You facts advers idiots are just going to ignore half have been cleared of any wrongdoing huh?

Do you even read the links you post?

The decisions reached on the 240 detainees subject to the review are as follows:

• 126 detainees were approved for transfer. To date, 44 of these detainees have
been transferred from Guantanamo to countries outside the United States.
• 44 detainees over the course of the review were referred for prosecution
either in federal court or a military commission, and 36 of these detainees
remain the subject of active cases or investigations. The Attorney General has
announced that the government will pursue prosecutions against six of these
detainees in federal court and will pursue prosecutions against six others in
military commissions.
• 48 detainees were determined to be too dangerous to transfer but not feasible
for prosecution. They will remain in detention pursuant to the government’s
authority under the Authorization for Use of Military Force passed by
Congress in response to the attacks of September 11, 2001. Detainees may
challenge the legality of their detention in federal court and will periodically
receive further review within the Executive Branch.
• 30 detainees from Yemen were designated for “conditional” detention based
on the current security environment in that country. They are not approved
for repatriation to Yemen at this time, but may be transferred to third
countries, or repatriated to Yemen in the future if the current moratorium on
transfers to Yemen is lifted and other security conditions are met.

FINAL REPORT GUANTANAMO REVIEW TASK FORCE

And remember this is President Obama's interagency Guantánamo Review Task Force.

You know the man you hold in such high regard.

You bitch about these alleged innocent men still being held but not a single harsh word about the man responsible for keeping them there.

B. Decisions
Based on interagency reviews and case-by-case threat evaluations, 126 of the 240
detainees were approved for transfer by agreement of senior officials from the agencies
named in the Executive Order.

You facts advers idiots are just going to ignore half have been cleared of any wrongdoing huh?

Do you even read the links you post?

The decisions reached on the 240 detainees subject to the review are as follows:

• 126 detainees were approved for transfer. To date, 44 of these detainees have
been transferred from Guantanamo to countries outside the United States.
• 44 detainees over the course of the review were referred for prosecution
either in federal court or a military commission, and 36 of these detainees
remain the subject of active cases or investigations. The Attorney General has
announced that the government will pursue prosecutions against six of these
detainees in federal court and will pursue prosecutions against six others in
military commissions.
• 48 detainees were determined to be too dangerous to transfer but not feasible
for prosecution. They will remain in detention pursuant to the government’s
authority under the Authorization for Use of Military Force passed by
Congress in response to the attacks of September 11, 2001. Detainees may
challenge the legality of their detention in federal court and will periodically
receive further review within the Executive Branch.

• 30 detainees from Yemen were designated for “conditional” detention based
on the current security environment in that country. They are not approved
for repatriation to Yemen at this time, but may be transferred to third
countries, or repatriated to Yemen in the future if the current moratorium on
transfers to Yemen is lifted and other security conditions are met.

FINAL REPORT GUANTANAMO REVIEW TASK FORCE

And remember this is President Obama's interagency Guantánamo Review Task Force.

You know the man you hold in such high regard.

You bitch about these alleged innocent men still being held but not a single harsh word about the man responsible for keeping them there.

To me that (the bolded portion) is garbage and violently un-American. Obama should be ashamed that he let this stand for a day much less 4.25 years.

To me that (the bolded portion) is garbage and violently un-American. Obama should be ashamed that he let this stand for a day much less 4.25 years.

You can get them a house next to you; I don't want them in my state.

If they are still fighting, keep them as prisoners of war. I see no problem with this. The Constitution is not a suicide pact!

Just like when you cheered Bush for trashing richard clarke our top terror expert when he told you the truth about Bush ignoring the threat upi are NOW denying out top terror experts in all opur agencies for your cheap political macinations

U.N. officials: Force-feeding Guantanamo protesters violates international law | The Raw Story

I don't believe we should. I don't know the law on this but it seems wrong to me.

No, the U.S. should not be force feeding people, and should let the prisoners who have been exonerated, at the very least, go home.

Thank you.

If they are doing it without them being made to feel pain then they are keeping them alive long enough to go home.

They are right now starving to get attention to the treatment

I have absolutely no objection if they starve themselves. Unfortunately, it takes a long time for the immunes system to be affected to the point where they die.

If they're found not-guilty, they should be returned to their home nation. So they wouldn't have a house next to me or even live within your state. If they are found guilty, they should be in prison state-side; we shouldn't give these convicts any special attention that any other criminal gets. Ask Ted Kazynsky (sp?) about the posh settings in Florence CO.

If they are still fighting, keep them as prisoners of war. I see no problem with this. The Constitution is not a suicide pact!

Drama Queen.

Yeah, these guys who have been locked up for going on 12 years now are really a threat...

What is suicide to a nation is one that arbitrarily applies due process. Liberty and Justice for All is not equal to Liberty and Justice for Some.

Do you remember that from the Pledge of Allegiance?

U.N. officials: Force-feeding Guantanamo protesters violates international law | The Raw Story

I don't believe we should. I don't know the law on this but it seems wrong to me.

No, the U.S. should not be force feeding people, and should let the prisoners who have been exonerated, at the very least, go home.

They haven't been exonerated. A finding of guilt was not possible, for various reasons. In some cases, the witnesses are unavailable or dead. Many have been allowed to go home, where they go right back to the battlefield. Sometimes these men are so dangerous, their home countries won't allow them back in. We could do a fly over in the dark of night and parachute them in!

There is nothing wrong with letting these men starve themselves to death. It is what they want to do. Do we recognize the right of someone who wants to end their lives or not?

They haven't been exonerated. A finding of guilt was not possible, for various reasons. In some cases, the witnesses are unavailable or dead. Many have been allowed to go home, where they go right back to the battlefield. Sometimes these men are so dangerous, their home countries won't allow them back in. We could do a fly over in the dark of night and parachute them in!

There is nothing wrong with letting these men starve themselves to death. It is what they want to do. Do we recognize the right of someone who wants to end their lives or not?

LINKS to your claimed facts?

If they're found not-guilty, they should be returned to their home nation. So they wouldn't have a house next to me or even live within your state. If they are found guilty, they should be in prison state-side; we shouldn't give these convicts any special attention that any other criminal gets. Ask Ted Kazynsky (sp?) about the posh settings in Florence CO.

Drama Queen.

Yeah, these guys who have been locked up for going on 12 years now are really a threat...

What is suicide to a nation is one that arbitrarily applies due process. Liberty and Justice for All is not equal to Liberty and Justice for Some.

Yeah, repatriating those scumbags is something the Brits have been trying to do. The courts won't let them on human rights grounds. They'll be your neighbors alright.

That's what exonerated means. There's no evidence of any wrongdoing, therefore, they've been exonerated and need to be returned home.

Yemen begins push to get citizens out of Guantanamo detention | McClatchy

Yemen will take them back.

Drama Queen.

Yeah, repatriating those scumbags is something the Brits have been trying to do. The courts won't let them on human rights grounds. They'll be your neighbors alright.

Very stupid to release someone that wants to bomb you into your community. If this is what the left is saying=insanity.

Forum List

Back