🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should we make the corporate tax rate 0%?

It might be a good idea for them to get tax incentives for treating their employees well, paying fairly, training and delegating work evenly. Giving the CEO millions while making the actual working employees the poorest in the nation is not a good example of being fair and I would not agree with a 0% tax rate for these corrupt individuals.

All CEOs are corrupt? I think you're being too general here.

This shall be paid for eliminating useless leftist government programs.

The good things from this?

Many MANY Jobs will be created in America, since companies will return to their homeland.

Jobs are not created off of tax policy. It is moronic to think if you give billionaires more money they will magically create jobs out of thin air.

Why should corporations get a free ride off my tax dollars?

May not always be the case, but if you're going to take less tax dollars away from a corporation there's a good chance they will be reinvesting that back into the business (to stay competitive, etc). I'm talking about things like adding new production lines, fixing machines, replacing old trucks, new innovation, and those things DO create new jobs.

He is full of shit. He hides behind a "corporation" where it helps him. Then whines when he has to pay taxes on the money he takes out of that corporation

Breaks my heart really. Poor people should have as many options

:wtf:

Dude, you want MORE options? WTF. Half of taxpayers pay NO taxes. If you're "poor" and work you MAKE money because you get "refundable tax credits." Exactly how much money do you want the IRS to pay you so you feel you're "paying" your fair share?

Because they don't make enough money, but they do pay taxes; Payroll taxes, state income taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, and fees of various kinds.

Payroll taxes - I thought you leftists said this was a prudent retirement savings vehicle? Are you saying it's just a tax? You realize that means that people collecting are therefore on welfare. They are, BTW, I just didn't realize you got that people on Social Security and Medicare are welfare recipients.

State income taxes - Most people who don't pay Federal income tax don't pay State income tax. Those who do would be the richest and they would pay only a tiny amount.

Property taxes - So you concede the "poor" in this country are property owners. And yet they should not pay income tax. LOL.

Sales taxes, and fees of various kinds - Not sure what this has to do with the point you were addressing.

Most corporate tax bills are simply passed on to the consumbers. So the question is would corporations pass on the tax cuts to their customers or just keep charging the same? Is the goal of corporations to make money or help America?

Lowering taxes on super-rich corporations doesn't provide jobs. American corporations are profiting billions of dollars every quarter while unemployment remains high. This means that the corporate tax rate is low enough, corporations are profiting billions of dollars, and not creating more jobs in America (regardless of any EPA regulations).

So when do record corporate profits begin trickling down like Reagan promised?

Lowering taxes on super-rich corporations doesn't provide jobs. American corporations are profiting billions of dollars every quarter while unemployment remains high. This means that the corporate tax rate is low enough, corporations are profiting billions of dollars, and not creating more jobs in America (regardless of any EPA regulations).

So when do record corporate profits begin trickling down like Reagan promised?

Did the average salaries go up or down with respect to inflation responsive to Reagan's "revolutionary" changes to the US Tax code?

Most corporate tax bills are simply passed on to the consumbers. So the question is would corporations pass on the tax cuts to their customers or just keep charging the same? Is the goal of corporations to make money or help America?

Sometimes when companies strive to make money they ARE also helping America at the same time.

Think of it this way. There are two companies who both make donuts and both just got a huge tax break from the government. Company A decides to keep charging the same price, but Company B (because they can now afford it) cuts their prices a bit and attracts a bunch of new customers (including some who used to get donuts from Company A).

In the case of a monopoly, yes I think the tax cuts would not be passed along to the consumers. But in a market full of competition - most certainly...

It might be a good idea for them to get tax incentives for treating their employees well, paying fairly, training and delegating work evenly. Giving the CEO millions while making the actual working employees the poorest in the nation is not a good example of being fair and I would not agree with a 0% tax rate for these corrupt individuals.

It's corrupt to do what I said in my post they are doing and yes, they all do it.

It's corrupt to do what I said in my post they are doing and yes, they all do it.

The ignorance of people that think a corporation is an individual is just... amazing.

Do record corporate profits trickle down according to Reaganomics?

They do if you own a piece of the corporation. Are you dumb or just pretending?
Oh, is that all that poor people have to do? 49 million Americans don't know where their next meal is coming from, and all they have to do is wisely invest in stocks. It makes so much sense.

Is that how Reaganomics was being pitched in the 1980s? "A rising tide lifts all boats (if you can afford a boat)."

Do record corporate profits trickle down according to Reaganomics?

They do if you own a piece of the corporation. Are you dumb or just pretending?
Oh, is that all that poor people have to do? 49 million Americans don't know where their next meal is coming from, and all they have to do is wisely invest in stocks. It makes so much sense.

Is that how Reaganomics was being pitched in the 1980s? "A rising tide lifts all boats (if you can afford a boat)."

Work, invest, create your own company. Yes. That's pretty much all it takes. As for the people like you who can't wipe their own ass without help... find a family member to help you out. Wiping your ass is not my job.

Corporations - generally speaking - will treat their employees fairly well (especially when you consider the conditions 100 years ago). Remember, corporations compete for labor just as they compete for customers. If they don't pay well, if the workplace is horrible, etc, they won't attract the best talent.

Either way, I don't think you can just make blanket statements. If you're upset at a particular corporation - cool - just maybe call out which one and say why. I think a lot of people like to group "corporations" as if they're just this one thing when in fact each organization tends to behave and act in very different ways.

Last edited:
That would be great! It would be an increase! Right now the government GIVES them money.

And we could eliminate military spending. Go back to original intent.

Everyone has a musket and is part of the militia.

Along with the requirement to fund the navy.

Couple of PT boats should suffice!

HEY you're right!!!

All the right wing rednecks say they need assault rifles to fight off the government. So....by that measure, I suppose the redneck militias of Americas are actually more powerful than the US military anyway. So, why not eliminate our military, and let the militia be our defense. Mutually Assured Destruction may ass........our Wal-Mart cruising right wingers can defeat an Chinese invasion any day.

And yes, slash corporate taxes to ZERO. Make them contribute nothing in taxes. And, see the CEO's pay quadruple.

Corporations - generally speaking - will treat their employees fairly well (especially when you consider the conditions 100 years ago). Remember, corporations compete for labor just as they compete for customers. If they don't pay well, if the workplace is horrible, etc, they won't attract the best talent.

Either way, I don't think you can just make blanket statements. If you're upset at a particular corporation - cool - just maybe call out which one and say why. I think a lot of people like to group "corporations" as if they're just this one thing when in fact each organization tends to behave and act in very different ways.

Wal-Mart employees are the single biggest consumers of Medicaid. And most are getting food stamps.

Meanwhile, Wal-Mart gets filthy rich, and its vast army of right wing customers love the low prices, but bitch about government handouts.

Wal-Mart employees are the single biggest consumers of Medicaid. And most are getting food stamps.

Meanwhile, Wal-Mart gets filthy rich, and its vast army of right wing customers love the low prices, but bitch about government handouts.

No "left wing" individuals shop at Walmart?

HEY you're right!!!

All the right wing rednecks say they need assault rifles to fight off the government. So....by that measure, I suppose the redneck militias of Americas are actually more powerful than the US military anyway. So, why not eliminate our military, and let the militia be our defense. Mutually Assured Destruction may ass........our Wal-Mart cruising right wingers can defeat an Chinese invasion any day.

And yes, slash corporate taxes to ZERO. Make them contribute nothing in taxes. And, see the CEO's pay quadruple.

Divide and conquer bucs. What is it about insulting your fellow Americans that makes you feel good, lol? There's always two sides of the story and you should learn to work with people, understand their viewpoints, instead of calling everyone who doesn't think exactly like you a "Redneck".

Walmart - FYI - is not the only corporation in existence (key concept here). The great majority of corporations are small companies/entrepreneurs trying to give it a go at things, and trying to put out useful products/services we all benefit from while creating a few jobs in the process. Sometimes a small company giving it a go would rather hold onto that 30% of their profits that they earned - and reinvest/grow - instead of sending it off to WASHINGTON to be divided up and lost within the mountains of bureaucracy only to be "recycled" back in the form of some program that doesn't even work all that well.

Get my point?

If the business keeps its 30% and cuts prices, that helps me. But when it ships it off to the Federal Government to be blown on a $650,000,000 website that doesn't work, and $90,000,000 on consultants to fix the $650,000,000 website that doesn't work, I'm sure you can understand my position.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back