Should we move the capital every 20 years?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Based on the principle that two moves equal a fire two moves over 40 years should give all the good results of a revolution without nearly as much collateral damage. The move could be put out to bid to reduce expenses, embassies and lobbyists would have to move as well so this would really stimulate the local economy. Who's in favor?

I can't imagine why moving it makes any sense but many on the right would move it to Moscow.

`

Based on the principle that two moves equal a fire two moves over 40 years should give all the good results of a revolution without nearly as much collateral damage. The move could be put out to bid to reduce expenses, embassies and lobbyists would have to move as well so this would really stimulate the local economy. Who's in favor?

only extremists want "revolution".

i'm not quite sure how incurring the expense of a move does that anyway…. kind of weird.

Not a bad idea really

" - The Census Bureau has confirmed that, once again, the Washington region dominates the list of the most affluent places in the United States.

Among more than 3,000 counties across the nation, Loudoun County is the richest, with a median household income of almost $119,000. Maryland’s Howard County and Virginia’s Fairfax, Arlington and Stafford counties also made it into the top 10 - "

The D.C. suburbs dominate the list of wealthiest U.S. counties - The Washington Post

Last edited:

only extremists want "revolution".

i'm not quite sure how incurring the expense of a move does that anyway…. kind of weird.
Recommended by Toynbee based on Milan and Byzantium in the Roman empire, numerous cases from China and the Moscow-St. Petersberg-Moscow moves in Russia.

Forum List

Back