Shut it all down

It's so easy to just say "shut it all down" when you think the government is just some faceless monster, but it's actually a bunch of people who have jobs and a significant portion of the economy. Last time this happened it blew a year-long hole in economic growth, this could very well trigger another recession. To someone who just wants to see the world burn none of this matters but there is seriously nothing positive to be gained from this bullshit, nothing.
Over 99% of Americans will feel no affect from a government shutdown dumbass
Wall Street has been building another bubble for quite some time now, can you say with certainty that this will not be the pin that pops it? I seriously hope I am being alarmist here. Get ready for a significant "market correction".

Working class fighting amongst themselves while the wealthiest people and corporations in America are the ones that hit the jackpot. The republican tax cuts guarantee that the imbalance of wealth between the big guy and the little guy will keep on widening. But yeah, republican good, democrat bad. Or maybe four legs good, two legs better?

Is that the type of government you think we have, one that's supposed to balance out between the working and the wealthy?

It's so easy to just say "shut it all down" when you think the government is just some faceless monster, but it's actually a bunch of people who have jobs and a significant portion of the economy. Last time this happened it blew a year-long hole in economic growth, this could very well trigger another recession. To someone who just wants to see the world burn none of this matters but there is seriously nothing positive to be gained from this bullshit, nothing.

A couple thousand people are not going to have any effect on the economy, especially when they end up getting paid anyhow just at a later date. It's a paid vacation for them and they are in no hurry to get back to work.

A couple thousand people are not going to have any effect on the economy, especially when they end up getting paid anyhow just at a later date. It's a paid vacation for them and they are in no hurry to get back to work.

It is this kind of ignorant thinking (if one can call it that) that makes me wish they would shut it all down so morons like you would feel it too. Yes, these people are in a hurry to get back to work as they want to get paid and provide for their families just like you (assuming you are not a welfare queen).

There is also no guarantee they will get paid when it is over. Right now Congress is willing to fuck over the military, so I doubt these people feel very safe.

Not to mention it is not a couple thousand, it is more along the lines of 800,000. What will it do to the economy to have that many people out of work all at the same time, not to mention government contractors that are also sitting home not getting paid.

I think that in the event of a funding lapse like we have, the entire government needs to shut down except the 536 people responsible for dealing with the funding.

No government air traffic controllers, no mail, no meat safety inspections, nobody patrolling the border, the military stand down and drinks beer till they start getting paid again.

Let the whole country feel the pain and then see how fast the idiots in DC can figure out how to do their job.

Half of them do know how to do their job. The other half wants this shutdown because they believe it will politically benefit them.

If they knew how to do their job there would never need to be a Continuing resolution.

That aside, what do you think of my plan? Even if you think it is all the Dems fault, you have to admit that this would make them figure it out pretty darn quick.

As the old saying goes, it takes two to tango.

If one side is doing their job and the other side refuses, why make everybody suffer because of it? Suffering is what they want so they can use it to their advantage. Why play into their hands?

What really needs to be done is people recognizing who is at fault here instead of blaming everybody in the halls of Congress. Then get on the phone, on your e-mail, snail mail, and write to those at fault and tell them their game isn't working on you.

Heck, the Republicans are giving in 3/4 of the way to the party that's in the minority. Shouldn't it be the other way around????

It is this kind of ignorant thinking (if one can call it that) that makes me wish they would shut it all down so morons like you would feel it too. Yes, these people are in a hurry to get back to work as they want to get paid and provide for their families just like you (assuming you are not a welfare queen).

There is also no guarantee they will get paid when it is over. Right now Congress is willing to fuck over the military, so I doubt these people feel very safe.

Not to mention it is not a couple thousand, it is more along the lines of 800,000. What will it do to the economy to have that many people out of work all at the same time, not to mention government contractors that are also sitting home not getting paid.

800,000? Have a link for that?

Sorry, but every government shutdown works the same way. The people who were out of work get backpay for when they weren't working.

"1964: Democrats fight the Civil Rights Act in support of the KKK

2018: Democrats shut down the government in support of illegal aliens"
No big mystery why there either...

Dreamers 'critical' to Dems' 'electoral success,' Palmieri memo says

I don't see a lot of absentee ballots being sent to Mexico....
You don't see much of anything that doesn't come from your democrat propaganda wing.

800,000? Have a link for that?

Sorry, but every government shutdown works the same way. The people who were out of work get backpay for when they weren't working.

Everything you need to know about a government shutdown

The people get back pay because Congress authorizes it every time. There is no guarantee they will do so this time.

And why are the being forced to not work...because 536 grown adults are acting like children and refuse to do their job.

You don't see much of anything that doesn't come from your democrat propaganda wing.

:lol:

You missed my point, deported DACAs can't vote.

:lol:

You missed my point, deported DACAs can't vote.
You apparently didn't read the article.

If 3.6 million DACA people and their 8 million chain migration relatives aren't made legal... to vote... the democrats are up shit crick.

Laugh all you want.

I think that in the event of a funding lapse like we have, the entire government needs to shut down except the 536 people responsible for dealing with the funding.

No government air traffic controllers, no mail, no meat safety inspections, nobody patrolling the border, the military stand down and drinks beer till they start getting paid again.

Let the whole country feel the pain and then see how fast the idiots in DC can figure out how to do their job.

Da Comrade. people need to die so you democrat scum can get amnesty for your imported voters.

Yeah, you're fucking scum.

Da Comrade. people need to die so you democrat scum can get amnesty for your imported voters.

Oh great, now I have a new fucking groupie. Please tell me you are not going to follow me around from thread to thread humping my leg hoping I will pat you head. I just got rid of the last one.

You apparently didn't read the article.

If 3.6 million DACA people and their 8 million chain migration relatives aren't made legal... to vote... the democrats are up shit crick.

Laugh all you want.

I guess if I was a Democrat there would be a problem.

The post office is not in the federal budget.

The Postal Service receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.

Top 10 Things You Should Know About USPS - Postal Facts

The last thing Democrats want is for there to be real consequences to their show.

It is still an agency of the US Fed Govt, so shut that fucker down.

Neither party wants anyone to feel any pain, that is the problem. The whole country needs to feel the pain then the outcry would force them to do their jobs.

No Stupid, it is not.

Fucking Maoists, you have no clue what it is you're fighting to destroy.

The post office is not in the federal budget.

The Postal Service receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.

Top 10 Things You Should Know About USPS - Postal Facts

The last thing Democrats want is for there to be real consequences to their show.

It is still an agency of the US Fed Govt, so shut that fucker down.

Neither party wants anyone to feel any pain, that is the problem. The whole country needs to feel the pain then the outcry would force them to do their jobs.

No Stupid, it is not.

Fucking Maoists, you have no clue what it is you're fighting to destroy.

Dumb fuck...

The USPS often is mischaracterized as a quasi governmental or private entity. It is neither. The USPS is a government agency that was created by Congress to achieve various public purposes. Federal law defines what products and services the Postal Service may offer. Additionally, the USPS’s employees are federal employees who participate in the Civil Service Retirement System, the Federal Employees Retirement System, and the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.

Postal myths: #2 The USPS isn't part of the federal government

Now run along and play, that is enough leg humping for now.

Oh great, now I have a new fucking groupie. Please tell me you are not going to follow me around from thread to thread humping my leg hoping I will pat you head. I just got rid of the last one.

Listen moron, you advocate to shut down air traffic control so that you can blackmail America into giving amnesty to illegals, all because you need more voters for your filthy party.

You DO grasp that that makes you a scumbag, right?

Forum List

Back