Sick and tired of US debate on raising the min. wage.

" we don't value what they do very much.
Liberals don't get how value is determined in a free society. It's determined by all of us. The reason burger flippers don't make much money is that we don't value what they do very much. If you force people to pay more to have their burgers flipped, many of them will choose to flip their own burgers. And burger flippers will be out of work.

Anyway, I suppose some of them do get this - but they don't like it. They want government to be in charge of setting wages and prices. That's what minimum wage is all about.
" we don't value what they do very much. "

Speak for yourself.
I don't have to. Society expresses itself clearly via the market. $10 quarter pounders won't sell. '
You Qannon believers dont value much be we do.

LOL - I'm not a Qanon believer. I'm not a Trumpster. I'm not a Republican. I just like idiotic state policy.
Just messing with you.
The market didnt tell the business to stiff the workers.
Yeah, it did. You did. Would you spend $10 for a quarter pounder? If not, you're part of the problem.
I wouldnt spend 10 cents on a quarter pounder. That shit is horrible for your health.

Ok, so my point stands - burger flippers don't make very much because we don't value what they do very much.

Liberals don't get how value is determined in a free society. It's determined by all of us. The reason burger flippers don't make much money is that we don't value what they do very much. If you force people to pay more to have their burgers flipped, many of them will choose to flip their own burgers. And burger flippers will be out of work.

Anyway, I suppose some of them do get this - but they don't like it. They want government to be in charge of setting wages and prices. That's what minimum wage is all about.

Speak for yourself.
I don't have to. Society expresses itself clearly via the market. $10 quarter pounders won't sell. '

LOL - I'm not a Qanon believer. I'm not a Trumpster. I'm not a Republican. I just like idiotic state policy.
Just messing with you.
Yeah, it did. You did. Would you spend $10 for a quarter pounder? If not, you're part of the problem.
I wouldnt spend 10 cents on a quarter pounder. That shit is horrible for your health.
Control freak again?
Because I wont eat a quarter pounder?

Minimum wage is a horseshit issue. But, it stirs up the dummies and gives government more power - so it's irresistible to Democrats.
aAnd stuffing the pockets of the rich is irresistible to the GOP, next?

That's it? "The Republicans are just as bad"? Weak.

The better comparison, if you want to point to equally stupid Republican policies, would be the border wall. It's an empty gesture that placates their idiot base.
Let's talk common sense, Dblack! You can have an entitlement society or you can have unsecure borders. You cannot have both at the same time because you'll never be able to pay for it!
Huh? What's your point? I don't want an entitlement society.
If you don't have an entitlement society then you can have open borders because people won't flood those borders for the entitlements. That is my "point"?
Ahh - ok. I agree then. The wall doesn't really secure the border, any more than minimum wage makes poor people better off. That was my point.

Speak for yourself.

Just messing with you.

Ok, so my point stands - burger flippers don't make very much because we don't value what they do very much.
No your point never stood. I value people that work to take care of their families and free up money for other people to use that really need it. (Welfare)

Speak for yourself.

Just messing with you.

No your point never stood. I value people that work to take care of their families and free up money for other people to use that really need it. (Welfare)

C'mon. Don't dodge. Do you understand how prices and wages are set in a free economy? It's we consumers who drive all of that.

Speak for yourself.

Just messing with you.

C'mon. Don't dodge. Do you understand how prices and wages are set in a free economy? It's we consumers who drive all of that.
Yes I do understand. Thats why I said you were wrong. :laugh:

If we actually drove it then the wages and prices would be uniformly the same. What drives it is the share holders.

Speak for yourself.

Just messing with you.

So dodging is all you wanna do. OK.

Speak for yourself.

Just messing with you.

So you want a society as North korea

Speak for yourself.

Just messing with you.

So dodging is all you wanna do. OK.
see above. I added an explanation.

Speak for yourself.

Just messing with you.

When did I mention North Korea?

Speak for yourself.

Just messing with you.

What you just subscribed...that's just working for necessities and giving the rest away .

News flash alert....when I was 12 years old, White Castle hamburgers were 15CENTS, today they're a 1.25...now these burgers are about the size of a postage stamp and still are....but the world didn't end and the workers, actually make good wages....one more time, JUST PAY THE MAN, AUNT BEE.
When you where 12 we didn't have 20 million illegals in this country lowering wages
What jobs are illegals taking that is lowering the wages? I havent heard that one before.
LEGAL immigrants lower wages. I've seen that in my field. In the golden days of IT, the 80's and 90's, if you didn't like your job or wanted more money you could walk down the street for 20% more. Then Indian programmers started flooding the market, willing to work for a fraction of what American coders made. That's when I decided to move into database administration. It's much more specialized and has less pressure from well trained, low cost foreign workers.
I'm in IT and I have zero problems getting top dollar. You have to adapt and then stop whining about environment. Those people you are talking about are not illegal. They have green cards.
I'm in IT and I have zero problems getting top dollar. I saw the market changing and took steps to ensure my career didn't plateau too soon. Nobody's whining, I was pointing out that IT is one field that feels the effect of foreign competition. Now, are you going to get over your fear of answering a simple question or stay in the corner?
Says a white man, next?
The minimum wage laws are fucking racist anyways do you know how many blacks owned business in the 1930s ?
Do you know how many of the businesses were burned to the ground or put out of business by racists?
Joe Biden, as do most economist wants to raise the min. wage to 15.00 an hour, from the poultry 7.25 as it stands today. Most workers of course do not make 7.25 an hour as we all know, most are making btwn 8-12 an hour, with 12.00 being the standard. However, this debate has got to come to an end and real work, not words have to prevail this time.

For the last 12 years Wall Street as has Main Street retailers via online venues, all have seen profits soar to historic levels and Trump rallied and braged on how rich the rich was getting especially his last 4 years, not only with tax cuts but with market growths...so this bullshit about ppl will lose jobs...tired of hearing about it.

And waiting on a recovery from this pandemic will take another decade, if not more with so many business's, closing. However, NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY WILL MAKE A DIME, OUTSIDE OF SPECULATORS AND HEDGE FUNDERS on WALL STREET, WITHOUT CONSUMER SPENDING.

Its time Biden, congress and the senate take the effort, the vote and raise the min. wage to a level that can not only help families regroup again with a new job focus, but also help business's grow also. Amazon raised wages profits only grew. Some companies will have to fold, welcome to life!! But at least the owner can go out and find a job paying 15 bucks an hour vs 7.25.
I think doubling the minimum wage would approximately quadruple those on welfare, and cause a dearth of jobs for youth who help their parents with younger children to make ends meet.
Your marketing message lacks the punch necessary to tug at the heart strings. You should rewrite that.
That's ridiculous. I merely told the truth. That is as far from marketing as one can get.

Do you want a lifelong Republican to destroy what is left of private businesses after Biden is weaving the undoing of every good thing President Trump did. What he is doing to America is far more dangerous to world peace and welfare by threatening ruin on half the employers living here.

Speak for yourself.

Just messing with you.

What you just subscribed...that's just working for necessities and giving the rest away .
Your mind is stuck in binary mode because of the fear of loss big business is marketing to you. Its not either or. There is a happy medium where you can make profit and pay your employees $15 and hour. If you cant then you dont deserve to own a business.

If we actually drove it then the wages and prices would be uniformly the same.

Why? People value things differently. Different regions value things differently.
That contradicts your claim that "we" dont value certain people because of their jobs.

How?

(Also, I didn't say we don't value certain people. That's your own conceit, added to inject a moral, emotional component in to an otherwise rational argument.)

News flash alert....when I was 12 years old, White Castle hamburgers were 15CENTS, today they're a 1.25...now these burgers are about the size of a postage stamp and still are....but the world didn't end and the workers, actually make good wages....one more time, JUST PAY THE MAN, AUNT BEE.
When you where 12 we didn't have 20 million illegals in this country lowering wages
What jobs are illegals taking that is lowering the wages? I havent heard that one before.
LEGAL immigrants lower wages. I've seen that in my field. In the golden days of IT, the 80's and 90's, if you didn't like your job or wanted more money you could walk down the street for 20% more. Then Indian programmers started flooding the market, willing to work for a fraction of what American coders made. That's when I decided to move into database administration. It's much more specialized and has less pressure from well trained, low cost foreign workers.
I'm in IT and I have zero problems getting top dollar. You have to adapt and then stop whining about environment. Those people you are talking about are not illegal. They have green cards.
I'm in IT and I have zero problems getting top dollar. I saw the market changing and took steps to ensure my career didn't plateau too soon. Nobody's whining, I was pointing out that IT is one field that feels the effect of foreign competition. Now, are you going to get over your fear of answering a simple question or stay in the corner?
Says a white man, next?
The minimum wage laws are fucking racist anyways do you know how many blacks owned business in the 1930s ?
Do you know how many of the businesses were burned to the ground or put out of business by racists?
Joe Biden, as do most economist wants to raise the min. wage to 15.00 an hour, from the poultry 7.25 as it stands today. Most workers of course do not make 7.25 an hour as we all know, most are making btwn 8-12 an hour, with 12.00 being the standard. However, this debate has got to come to an end and real work, not words have to prevail this time.

For the last 12 years Wall Street as has Main Street retailers via online venues, all have seen profits soar to historic levels and Trump rallied and braged on how rich the rich was getting especially his last 4 years, not only with tax cuts but with market growths...so this bullshit about ppl will lose jobs...tired of hearing about it.

And waiting on a recovery from this pandemic will take another decade, if not more with so many business's, closing. However, NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY WILL MAKE A DIME, OUTSIDE OF SPECULATORS AND HEDGE FUNDERS on WALL STREET, WITHOUT CONSUMER SPENDING.

Its time Biden, congress and the senate take the effort, the vote and raise the min. wage to a level that can not only help families regroup again with a new job focus, but also help business's grow also. Amazon raised wages profits only grew. Some companies will have to fold, welcome to life!! But at least the owner can go out and find a job paying 15 bucks an hour vs 7.25.
I think doubling the minimum wage would approximately quadruple those on welfare, and cause a dearth of jobs for youth who help their parents with younger children to make ends meet.
Your marketing message lacks the punch necessary to tug at the heart strings. You should rewrite that.
That's ridiculous. I merely told the truth. That is as far from marketing as one can get.

Do you want a lifelong Republican to destroy what is left of private businesses after Biden is weaving the undoing of every good thing President Trump did. What he is doing to America is far more dangerous to world peace and welfare by threatening ruin on half the employers living here.
I read that wrong. I thought you said "younger children working to help their parents make ends meet. I didnt see the youth part.

If we actually drove it then the wages and prices would be uniformly the same.

Why? People value things differently. Different regions value things differently.
That contradicts your claim that "we" dont value certain people because of their jobs.

How?

(Also, I didn't say we don't value certain people. That's your own conceit, added to inject a moral, emotional component in to an otherwise rational argument.)
I'm getting sleepy. Someone said it. I thought it was you.

Forum List

Back