Simple question for those that oppose voter ID

yeah, right. Your signature on the ballot is not compared to your signature on the registration rolls, when you sign you are testifying the you are who you claim to be. The polll worker is not there to compare the signatures and challenge you if he/she thinks they are different.

Just show your ID. How did you register in the first place if you have no ID? You have to prove who you are to get on the rolls.

the arguments you lefties try to make on this are ridiculous

The OP asks what way other than ID can ensure voter fraud does not take place. I replied a live signature compared against the signature on your registration

I live in NJ and they verify my signature.

Like I said, not everyone has an ID, everyone has a signature

How many registered voters do not have an ID ? who are these people, where do they live, how did they get on the voter rolls?

Enough voters do not have ID to cause concerns about disenfranchisement. 4% of the voters losing their ability to vote can swing an election

The OP asks what way other than ID can ensure voter fraud does not take place. I replied a live signature compared against the signature on your registration

How many registered voters do not have an ID ? who are these people, where do they live, how did they get on the voter rolls?

Enough voters do not have ID to cause concerns about disenfranchisement. 4% of the voters losing their ability to vote can swing an election

Even the homeless have ID, what the heck is wrong with your 4%?

yeah, right. Your signature on the ballot is not compared to your signature on the registration rolls, when you sign you are testifying the you are who you claim to be. The polll worker is not there to compare the signatures and challenge you if he/she thinks they are different.

Just show your ID. How did you register in the first place if you have no ID? You have to prove who you are to get on the rolls.

Many who are affected are seniors who may have had ID's long ago that enabled them to get on voter registration rolls, but have since lost or thrown those ID's away.
Another group affected are devorced women who may not have changed their various ID's during or after the process that may or may not have changed their legal names.
Another group affected are citizens who have voted for decades and simply never suspected that laws would be passed to take away their right to vote and only learn about this monstrosity until they show up to vote.

Well, some people registered to vote when they were alive. In our state, we allowed illegals to get driver's licenses and we have motor voter which means they could automatically register to vote. They don't check to see who has citizenship. The first call made they said they don't check at all and the second call they said they check randomly so yes, illegals can and are voting. I watched one reporter interview an
illegal at a May 1st demonstration a few year ago and he said, and I quote "We vote too!" Of course the reporter didn't bother telling him that was illegal. Then there's the woman they found in her home that had been dead for 6 years and she'd voted while she was dead.

Many who are affected are seniors who may have had ID's long ago that enabled them to get on voter registration rolls, but have since lost or thrown those ID's away.
Another group affected are devorced women who may not have changed their various ID's during or after the process that may or may not have changed their legal names.
Another group affected are citizens who have voted for decades and simply never suspected that laws would be passed to take away their right to vote and only learn about this monstrosity until they show up to vote.

In Texas, where they now have to show ID to vote, they still allow you to vote, but you must sign an affidavit. No one, repeat, no one in Texas under the new law was denied their right to vote.

If you aren't with it enough to know the laws have changed, you shouldn't be voting in the first place. Do we really want people who haven't paid attention to politics to vote? Seriously? I mean, if you've followed all the laws, we can't stop you, but why is it our fault if you haven't followed the laws?

so if I show up at your polling place and claim to be you, sign the form, and vote, you are OK with that?

then when you show up later that day to vote and get arrested for trying to vote twice, you are OK with that too?

If you can duplicate my signature......you deserve my vote

Good luck

yea mine is kinda one of a kind too....

My signature is never the same twice. Someone signed my friends name and voted in his place. Voter ID is the only way to guarantee your right to vote. The people who work the polls are not handwriting experts and they aren't going to deny you a vote just because they can't tell if your signature matches or not.

In those cases we have representatives of each party at the poll who can challenge your vote and give you a provisional ballot

The homeless here have to have an ID to get into the shelter in the winter time. If the homeless can get id, anyone can.

No one wants to infringe anyones right to vote, only to limit it to one vote per person. How many people in the USA today do not have some valid form of ID?

This is a bullshit talking point fromt the left in order to continue to try to win elections through voter fraud.

Which recent election was won with voter fraud? Is there an election that can be used as an example of a recent attempt to win with voter fraud?

If no one wants to infringe on anyones right to vote, why do the new laws go beyond voter ID and include things like, shortened voting hours, reduction of poll locations, restrictions on types of ID allowed, etc.?

Voter fraud is a crime. Why shouldn't a person have to be accused of a crime and found quilty instead of the reverse? Voter ID implies all voters are quilty of voter fraud unless they prove themselves innocent by showing some specific form of ID. What happened to innocent until proven quilty?

we will never know

Why don't you know?

Where are all the cases of people showing up to vote and finding someone has already voted in their name?

In those cases we have representatives of each party at the poll who can challenge your vote and give you a provisional ballot

So you're saying your poll workers are handwriting experts? How much do they get paid?

Absent a valid state-issued ID, how do you positively verify the claim that the person at the poll is indeed the person on the voter registration roll?

We could use a signature like we have for hundreds of years

My friend was denied his right to vote because someone used his name and signed his name. Nope, that doesn't work.

Your friend should have been given a provisional ballot after being denied due to an alleged fraudulent vote having occured with the use of his name. If it was discovered that his name and signiture had been fraudulent, his provisional vote would have been counted.

Which recent election was won with voter fraud? Is there an election that can be used as an example of a recent attempt to win with voter fraud?

If no one wants to infringe on anyones right to vote, why do the new laws go beyond voter ID and include things like, shortened voting hours, reduction of poll locations, restrictions on types of ID allowed, etc.?

Voter fraud is a crime. Why shouldn't a person have to be accused of a crime and found quilty instead of the reverse? Voter ID implies all voters are quilty of voter fraud unless they prove themselves innocent by showing some specific form of ID. What happened to innocent until proven quilty?

we will never know

Why don't you know?

Where are all the cases of people showing up to vote and finding someone has already voted in their name?

Well, I know of one, if everybody else knows of one, that's 300 million, if just one in a hundred know of one, that's still 300 thousand.

We could use a signature like we have for hundreds of years

My friend was denied his right to vote because someone used his name and signed his name. Nope, that doesn't work.

Your friend should have been given a provisional ballot after being denied due to an alleged fraudulent vote having occured with the use of his name. If it was discovered that his name and signiture had been fraudulent, his provisional vote would have been counted.

Yeah, our poll workers are amateurs. They had no idea what to do, put him off to the side and after 2 hours, he left to go to work.

Absent a valid state-issued ID, how do you positively verify the claim that the person at the poll is indeed the person on the voter registration roll?

The voter’s name and address are recorded on the voter registration log, which the voter signs before receiving a ballot to vote.

If someone is going to commit ‘fraud,’ he’ll need to successfully guess the name and address of a registered voter he’s trying to impersonate and hope that the actual voter has not already voted and signed the log.

In addition to being extremely rare, voter ‘fraud’ is also an extremely inefficient way to ‘throw’ an election, which is why the outcome of no election as been altered as a result of voter ‘fraud,’ and why those seeking to influence the outcome of elections don’t resort to identity ‘fraud.’

Because voter ‘fraud’ by identity is virtually non-existent and won’t result in changing the outcome of any election, it cannot be used to justify the undue burden placed upon the right to vote by requiring a state-issued photo ID to indeed vote. It’s a classic example of a solution in search of a non-existent problem.

Advocating for a state-issued photo ID to vote reflects the same flawed ‘reasoning’ as advocating for a permit to purchase a firearm or a license to possess a firearm – none of which will have the intended or desired effect.

When one first registers to vote he must provide the required identification at that time, subsequent to that, however, as long as he remains active in the voter registration logs, he should be allowed to exercise his right to vote absent undue interference by the state. If the state believes someone is attempting to commit voter ‘fraud,’ the state will need to develop evidence of the alleged crime, and address such crime on a case by case basis. The state may not assume all voters are attempting to commit ‘fraud’ and compel citizens to prove their innocence as a condition of exercising the fundamental right to vote.

If the state wishes to require some sort of ID to vote, it must require a means that does not manifest an undue burden, such as allowing a voter to present a paycheck stub, utility bill, or government document with the voter’s name and address.

Given these facts, therefore, it is clear that the rationale behind requiring a state-issued photo ID to vote is punitive, designed solely to prevent citizens who are registered to vote and eligible to vote from voting due to a condition that is often beyond their control to resolve: not possessing a state-issued photo ID.

So you're saying your poll workers are handwriting experts? How much do they get paid?

You are saying they are ID experts

It is easier to fake an ID than it is to fake a signature

The voter’s name and address are recorded on the voter registration log, which the voter signs before receiving a ballot to vote.

If someone is going to commit ‘fraud,’ he’ll need to successfully guess the name and address of a registered voter he’s trying to impersonate and hope that the actual voter has not already voted and signed the log.

In addition to being extremely rare, voter ‘fraud’ is also an extremely inefficient way to ‘throw’ an election, which is why the outcome of no election as been altered as a result of voter ‘fraud,’ and why those seeking to influence the outcome of elections don’t resort to identity ‘fraud.’

Because voter ‘fraud’ by identity is virtually non-existent and won’t result in changing the outcome of any election, it cannot be used to justify the undue burden placed upon the right to vote by requiring a state-issued photo ID to indeed vote. It’s a classic example of a solution in search of a non-existent problem.

Advocating for a state-issued photo ID to vote reflects the same flawed ‘reasoning’ as advocating for a permit to purchase a firearm or a license to possess a firearm – none of which will have the intended or desired effect.

When one first registers to vote he must provide the required identification at that time, subsequent to that, however, as long as he remains active in the voter registration logs, he should be allowed to exercise his right to vote absent undue interference by the state. If the state believes someone is attempting to commit voter ‘fraud,’ the state will need to develop evidence of the alleged crime, and address such crime on a case by case basis. The state may not assume all voters are attempting to commit ‘fraud’ and compel citizens to prove their innocence as a condition of exercising the fundamental right to vote.

If the state wishes to require some sort of ID to vote, it must require a means that does not manifest an undue burden, such as allowing a voter to present a paycheck stub, utility bill, or government document with the voter’s name and address.

Given these facts, therefore, it is clear that the rationale behind requiring a state-issued photo ID to vote is punitive, designed solely to prevent citizens who are registered to vote and eligible to vote from voting due to a condition that is often beyond their control to resolve: not possessing a state-issued photo ID.

what is wrong with requiring him/her to show the same ID at the polling place? how does that disenfranchise anyone?

the op asks what way other than id can ensure voter fraud does not take place. I replied a live signature compared against the signature on your registration

i live in nj and they verify my signature.

Like i said, not everyone has an id, everyone has a signature

so you're saying your poll workers are handwriting experts? How much do they get paid?

you are saying they are id experts

it is easier to fake an id than it is to fake a signature

bs, I could fake a signature in high school, I've never faked an id.

You are saying they are ID experts

It is easier to fake an ID than it is to fake a signature

but you said that it was hard to get a picture ID. Now its easy???

you have no argument here, RW, just bullshit.

Forum List

Back