Simple question for those that oppose voter ID

Absent a valid state-issued ID, how do you positively verify the claim that the person at the poll is indeed the person on the voter registration roll?
Use common sense, like we have for the last 220 years.

Voting is a right, it came before ID. ID is just a good idea, so issue it to everyone, you'd find out who was supposed to be here in the process, and then ask for it. Cart after the horse, not before.

Strange...how did they find it someone was a "land-holding male" in order to vote before plastic IDs???? :eusa_whistle:

So because back in the 1700s maybe 10-20 males would show up to vote at polling place, that is the same as today where thousands vote in a polling place. :cuckoo:

Also, "back then" they didn't have a welfare society and illegals with a vested interest in violating election laws.

Absent a valid state-issued ID, how do you positively verify the claim that the person at the poll is indeed the person on the voter registration roll?

Voting is a right, it came before ID. ID is just a good idea, so issue it to everyone, you'd find out who was supposed to be here in the process, and then ask for it. Cart after the horse, not before.

I believe that in order to avoid voter fraud, voter ID is the only way to go. This should consist of photo ID and also proof U.S. citizenship. A passport would be a good piece of ID. Also a driver's license combined with a birth certificate.

With photo ID and proof of U.S. citizenship, it'll be harder for those who illegally registered to vote to actually vote.

I believe that in order to avoid voter fraud, voter ID is the only way to go. This should consist of photo ID and also proof U.S. citizenship. A passport would be a good piece of ID. Also a driver's license combined with a birth certificate.

With photo ID and proof of U.S. citizenship, it'll be harder for those who illegally registered to vote to actually vote.
So issue a National ID? That's what other nations do...

Uh...since state's run their own elections, a state issued ID would work.

Also, any Federal ID card like a military ID would work in any state.

Kinda like we do for people trying to board a plane...what a concept. :eusa_whistle:

So issue a National ID? That's what other nations do...

The issue comes down to these questions: Is voter fraud real and a serious problem? Are eligible citizens being denied their right to vote and/or being shut out because days/hours when the polls are opened are being shortened and/or polling places are being eliminated to make lines and waits longer?

Honest people of average intelligent know the answer to these questions, only the stupid and/or dishonest believe the former true and the latter false.

Liberals go around telling us "black, asian and hispanic people" are too stupid, lazy and/or poor to have an ID card....but of course they aren't "racists" for saying that.

It is a LIE many people don't have an ID card...they have one to cash a check, get their welfare handout, enroll for Medicaid/Medicare, etc....

Asswipe....your stat is bogus, but even just 1 case of voter fraud should mean we have a requirement for showing an ID.

I guess if only a handful of people are murdered in your city each year, well murder being illegal doesn't make sense in your demented mind. :cuckoo:

Why do you have issues with a problem that only occurs 0.0006% of the time?

If you can duplicate my signature......you deserve my vote

Good luck

yea mine is kinda one of a kind too....

My signature is never the same twice. Someone signed my friends name and voted in his place. Voter ID is the only way to guarantee your right to vote. The people who work the polls are not handwriting experts and they aren't going to deny you a vote just because they can't tell if your signature matches or not.

they dont have to worry about me.....i vote by mail....

There are college students that have voted in their home stare and in the state they are living in for college.

There are people that own a home in NY and FL that vote in both states.

Many of these cases are scumbag liberals that feel it is their right to make sure Democraps get as many votes as possible.

Compare that to a troop deployed overseas getting his "1" absentee ballot thrown out/lost in the mail....yet scumbag liberals are here declaring it is ok if someone gets to vote numerous times each election....

yea mine is kinda one of a kind too....

My signature is never the same twice. Someone signed my friends name and voted in his place. Voter ID is the only way to guarantee your right to vote. The people who work the polls are not handwriting experts and they aren't going to deny you a vote just because they can't tell if your signature matches or not.

they dont have to worry about me.....i vote by mail....
Notice they aren't worried about that?

No one wants to infringe anyones right to vote, only to limit it to one vote per person. How many people in the USA today do not have some valid form of ID?

This is a bullshit talking point fromt the left in order to continue to try to win elections through voter fraud.

There should be a deal struck in congress. Everybody needs an I.D. to vote with plenty of advance notice to help the shut ins and those in rural areas to get an i.d. In return, no more lobbyists and corporations influencing our voting process. This would probably mean taxpayer funded elections. No more Soros or Kochs types influencing elections hopefully.

I have said it before but I will say it again. In my state you need a photo id to buy a fishing license. And when you are fishing you need to have that id. So liberals put fishing above voting.
Odd that fishing is more restrictive than voting.
Sad that liberals agree with that.

You do realize that originally only landowners could vote. That was pretty easy to check.

There should be a deal struck in congress. Everybody needs an I.D. to vote with plenty of advance notice to help the shut ins and those in rural areas to get an i.d. In return, no more lobbyists and corporations influencing our voting process. This would probably mean taxpayer funded elections. No more Soros or Kochs types influencing elections hopefully.

I have said it before but I will say it again. In my state you need a photo id to buy a fishing license. And when you are fishing you need to have that id. So liberals put fishing above voting.
Odd that fishing is more restrictive than voting.
Sad that liberals agree with that.
When fishing becomes a Right, get back to us, and the courts.

Criminal - Yeah....my name is Joe Schmoe, right there on the document. Let me sign "my name."

Polling place worker - Prove it.

Criminal - Uhhhhh, I just told you and I will sign (forge) the name.

Polling place worker - ok.

-------------------

Criminal - Can I cash this check for Joe Schmoe, let me sign "my name."

Bank teller - Prove it....show me an ID card.

Criminal - Uhhhhh, I just told you and I will sign (forge) the name.

Bank teller - Show me your ID card.

You do realize that originally only landowners could vote. That was pretty easy to check.
I know the history of the country thank you. I also know the reasons for, and issues with, voter ID laws.

The Courts see voting as a Right. You are welcome to argue history with them if you wish, but I wouldn't.

Last edited:
Oh no, in his demented world they have never checked to see if someone is allowed to vote....

Forum List

Back