Simple question for those that oppose voter ID

I believe that in order to avoid voter fraud, voter ID is the only way to go. This should consist of photo ID and also proof U.S. citizenship. A passport would be a good piece of ID. Also a driver's license combined with a birth certificate.

With photo ID and proof of U.S. citizenship, it'll be harder for those who illegally registered to vote to actually vote.
So issue a National ID? That's what other nations do...
Or a state ID, that would work as well.
I prefer a national one but as long as the cart goes after the horse and not before it matters very little.

Absent a valid state-issued ID, how do you positively verify the claim that the person at the poll is indeed the person on the voter registration roll?

Do you have the same question for absentee ballots too?
Of course he doesn't. Those voters tend to be GOP.

Near as I can tell, conservatives aren't really that interested in voter fraud. If they were, they'd be supporting some sort of verification for those who use absentee ballots like they do for those who use the poling booth. But because it is their constituencies who primarily use absentee ballots, they're silent. That makes one think this is about voter suppression and conservatives' attempts at denying people the vote.

Near as I can tell, conservatives aren't really that interested in voter fraud. If they were, they'd be supporting some sort of verification for those who use absentee ballots like they do for those who use the poling booth. But because it is their constituencies who primarily use absentee ballots, they're silent. That makes one think this is about voter suppression and conservatives' attempts at denying people the vote.
It's all about the base, and theirs is dying, literally.

Absent a valid state-issued ID, how do you positively verify the claim that the person at the poll is indeed the person on the voter registration roll?

There is no excuse for it...

It is 2014 and RW believes your violating someone's right to vote if they have to provide a valid form of ID...

All our Left Wing idiots want is to f'ing cheat...

Sad how bad they want to cheat to win...

Rather than trying to shift the onus on us (intended) you should be telling us why you support making voter fraud easier.

I don't have a problem with voter ID.

I have a problem with hypocrisy.

And conservatives' actions on voter ID have been extraordinarily hypocritical.

Rather than trying to shift the onus on us (intended) you should be telling us why you support making voter fraud easier.
Strawman, and a bad one...

I don't have a problem with voter ID.

I have a problem with hypocrisy.

And conservatives' actions on voter ID have been extraordinarily hypocritical.
Yep. That happens when you are trying to pull a fast-one.

Forum List

Back