Simple question for those that oppose voter ID

Just like when the vaunted, Nate Silver, accurately predicted the Dem's victories in the past few elections and you guys LOVED him.

But when he predicted a GOP takeover in Congress Silver suddenly became an assh*le.
He's exactly what he was before, probably right.

As for the rest, God only knows if you had a point in there, it couldn't be found.

Yep. Nate is not an asshole now. He is looking at the numbers. His ability to predict the outcome of the election will only improve as the day draws nearer.

What Mojo2 is reacting to is a reaction by politicos on the D side who are concerned about optics. In true nutter fashion, Mojo2 has now come to believe that every person who appreciated Silver's work in the past suddenly hates the guy.

It doesn't matter that most of the USMB liberals have not expressed any such opinion. For Mojo2.....we all despise Silver.

Cool, huh?
It's so much easier when you can just make it up...

Asswipe....your stat is bogus, but even just 1 case of voter fraud should mean we have a requirement for showing an ID.

I guess if only a handful of people are murdered in your city each year, well murder being illegal doesn't make sense in your demented mind. :cuckoo:
The only reason you want voter ID, is because the poor don't vote republican.

And for good reason.

Asswipe....your stat is bogus, but even just 1 case of voter fraud should mean we have a requirement for showing an ID.

I guess if only a handful of people are murdered in your city each year, well murder being illegal doesn't make sense in your demented mind. :cuckoo:

And for good reason.

Dumbass lying statement!:cuckoo:

And for good reason.

Dumbass lying statement!:cuckoo:
Actually, he's correct. When everyone has ID you will no longer care since there will be no GOP advantage then.

My signature is never the same twice. Someone signed my friends name and voted in his place. Voter ID is the only way to guarantee your right to vote. The people who work the polls are not handwriting experts and they aren't going to deny you a vote just because they can't tell if your signature matches or not.

they dont have to worry about me.....i vote by mail....
Notice they aren't worried about that?

it solves all those problems with all those people who can get everywhere else they need to be.....except at the voting booth....

Absent a valid state-issued ID, how do you positively verify the claim that the person at the poll is indeed the person on the voter registration roll?
Every time one of you zealots take up the cry for voter ID there is one question that is always asked AND IGNORED! How many cases of voter fraud have there been? Over, and over, and over it has been shown that voter fraud is virtually non-existent. Yet wingnuts want to spend millions and millions of dollars to fix a problem that does not exist and then they want to pat themselves on the back for being fiscally responsible.
One of the worst states for voter fraud is Kansas. Between 2000 and 2012 there have been about 100 cases of fraud. Bear in mind that this is over a 12 year period and involves millions and millions of votes being cast. The percentage of cases involving voter fraud in Kansas is well, well below .1% and yet the republicans want to throw money at this to fix a problem that does not exist.

"A new nationwide analysis of more than 2,000 cases of alleged election fraud over the past dozen years shows that in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which has prompted 37 state legislatures, including Maine’s, to enact or consider tougher voter ID laws, was virtually nonexistent.
The analysis of 2,068 reported fraud cases by News21, a Carnegie-Knight investigative reporting project, found 10 cases of alleged in-person voter impersonation since 2000.
With 146 million registered voters in the United States, those represent about one for every 15 million prospective voters."

You can jump up and down and scream all you wish but the bottom line is that your cries about voter fraud are just a ploy to try to take the vote away from those who would not vote conservative."
https://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/12/politics/voter-fraud-nearly-non-existent-data-show/

Voter ID laws: A state-by-state map reveals how much voter fraud there is in the United States?almost none.

Over, and over, and over it has been shown that voter fraud is virtually non-existent.

if that is true Ron how come your girlfriend TruthMatters says over and over again how the Republicans cheat in every election?......and yet i see no one from the left,and i mean no one....tell her this?....hey just askin....

Absent a valid state-issued ID, how do you positively verify the claim that the person at the poll is indeed the person on the voter registration roll?

We could use a signature like we have for hundreds of years

I agree with this. There is no reason to make changes. If the democrats are getting dead people to vote for them you can guarantee the Republicans are doing it too. I'll agree changes need to be made when we have over 100% of people voting. Right now we are much lower than that. This is an issue because Republicans are afraid they can't win with just the angry old white man vote. So they want to suppress voting.

And for good reason.
if they were smart they would not vote Democrat either......and why cant a poor person get a friggin ID?....they dont do anything in their lives that requires one?......

How does one know a person sold a firearm isn't insane, a chronic alcoholic, a criminal or a domestic terrorist? Which would do the most harm, a single voter or a single shooter?

Yup. They don't want to violate a nut case's rights to buy a gun at Walmart and kill 20 people, but they sure are worried as hell about a .00000013% voter fraud problem. Idiots. GOP Kool-Aid is their drink of choice.

Voter Fraud: It's Real, But Rare - ABC News

""""Out of the 197 million votes cast for federal candidates between 2002 and 2005, only 40 voters were indicted for voter fraud, according to a Department of Justice study outlined during a 2006 Congressional hearing. Only 26 of those cases, or about .00000013 percent of the votes cast, resulted in convictions or guilty pleas.""""

Every time one of you zealots take up the cry for voter ID there is one question that is always asked AND IGNORED! How many cases of voter fraud have there been? Over, and over, and over it has been shown that voter fraud is virtually non-existent. Yet wingnuts want to spend millions and millions of dollars to fix a problem that does not exist and then they want to pat themselves on the back for being fiscally responsible.
One of the worst states for voter fraud is Kansas. Between 2000 and 2012 there have been about 100 cases of fraud. Bear in mind that this is over a 12 year period and involves millions and millions of votes being cast. The percentage of cases involving voter fraud in Kansas is well, well below .1% and yet the republicans want to throw money at this to fix a problem that does not exist.

"A new nationwide analysis of more than 2,000 cases of alleged election fraud over the past dozen years shows that in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which has prompted 37 state legislatures, including Maine’s, to enact or consider tougher voter ID laws, was virtually nonexistent.
The analysis of 2,068 reported fraud cases by News21, a Carnegie-Knight investigative reporting project, found 10 cases of alleged in-person voter impersonation since 2000.
With 146 million registered voters in the United States, those represent about one for every 15 million prospective voters."

You can jump up and down and scream all you wish but the bottom line is that your cries about voter fraud are just a ploy to try to take the vote away from those who would not vote conservative."
https://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/12/politics/voter-fraud-nearly-non-existent-data-show/

Voter ID laws: A state-by-state map reveals how much voter fraud there is in the United States?almost none.

Over, and over, and over it has been shown that voter fraud is virtually non-existent.

if that is true Ron how come your girlfriend TruthMatters says over and over again how the Republicans cheat in every election?......and yet i see no one from the left,and i mean no one....tell her this?....hey just askin....
Sorry but I don't have a clue who TruthMatters is. Be that as it may you took great pains not to mention anything about the fact that the proof of voter fraud using false identification is virtually zero and yet the gop wants to spend BILLIONS fixing a non-existent program.
Why don't we hear from the fiscal conservatives screaming their heads off about this? And while we are about it, why did we not hear one complaint from the fiscal conservatives about the shutting down of the federal government that cost the nation $24 billion dollars. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. YOU CAN'T CONDEMN WASTEFUL SPENDING AND THEN THROW AWAY $24 BILLION DOLLARS AND PRETEND IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

And for good reason.
if they were smart they would not vote Democrat either......and why cant a poor person get a friggin ID?....they dont do anything in their lives that requires one?......
Hummmm .... "... if they were smart they would not vote Democrat either... " Hummmmm .... You have poor people who can barely pay medical bills and keep food on the table (if they still have a table) and you think they should vote for a party that will cut their welfare and SNAP benefits. Makes perfect sense if you are a total idiot without a clue!!! Why would anyone, YOU INCLUDED, vote against their best interests. They would only do so if the were terminally stupid.

What about the handicapped? People who are on their back 24/7. They can't even get to the bathroom in their own place, let alone a government office. But they still have a right to vote and be represented.

Voter ID. Yet another manufactured crisis by the Right. I guess they gave up on that birth certificate thingy.

Don't try changing the subject.

This huge crisis is bringing down our country! The Right is in a lather about the 633 confirmed cases of voter fraud that have been documented out of the hundreds of millions of votes cast since the year 2000:

Out of hundreds of millions of ballots cast, they counted 633 incidents. Among states with voter ID laws on the books, Georgia and Kansas have seen the most prosecutions, with 80 and 97 cases respectively. In Pennsylvania, which may require voters to show identification on Election Day if the state’s Supreme Court does not block the new law from taking effect, the number of fraud cases was just five.

this is huge crisis, if the liberal/democrats don't get their way on this issue the world will come to an end. They are only trying to protect those too weak to protect themselves.

Sorry but I don't have a clue who TruthMatters is. Be that as it may you took great pains not to mention anything about the fact that the proof of voter fraud using false identification is virtually zero and yet the gop wants to spend BILLIONS fixing a non-existent program.
Why don't we hear from the fiscal conservatives screaming their heads off about this? And while we are about it, why did we not hear one complaint from the fiscal conservatives about the shutting down of the federal government that cost the nation $24 billion dollars. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. YOU CAN'T CONDEMN WASTEFUL SPENDING AND THEN THROW AWAY $24 BILLION DOLLARS AND PRETEND IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Be that as it may you took great pains not to mention anything about the fact that the proof of voter fraud using false identification is virtually zero

you know why Ron?.....because i dont believe it is a problem....Truth does....learn to read dude....

Forum List

Back