Simple question for those that oppose voter ID

How does one know a person sold a firearm isn't insane, a chronic alcoholic, a criminal or a domestic terrorist? Which would do the most harm, a single voter or a single shooter?

when you go to buy a gun a background check is run on you before the sale is made. If you are one of those things, you will not be allowed to buy the gun.

terrorists and criminals do not buy guns legally.

A single fraudulent vote would probably not change an election, but a few hundred could. remember ohio in 2012?

No, I remember Colorado, Texas, Virginia, Connecticut, etc. etc. etc. Not all gun sales occur legally as everyone knows. But my point isn't about gun control, per se, it's about hypocrisy of those on the right who demand that their right to own arms shall not be infringed in any manner, but the Rights of others to vote can be denied by fiat.

No one wants to infringe anyones right to vote, only to limit it to one vote per person. How many people in the USA today do not have some valid form of ID?

This is a bullshit talking point fromt the left in order to continue to try to win elections through voter fraud.

Absent a valid state-issued ID, how do you positively verify the claim that the person at the poll is indeed the person on the voter registration roll?

We could use a signature like we have for hundreds of years

so if I show up at your polling place and claim to be you, sign the form, and vote, you are OK with that?

then when you show up later that day to vote and get arrested for trying to vote twice, you are OK with that too?

Red, that is not the way it is done that would be expose that there is fraud. Those voted for by another person are either already in the grave or known not to show up to the polls. So if you wanted to fix an election you would have a block party with a keg. Then when those at party didn't show up have someone vote for them. It would be impossible to prove fraud. Which is why I think there isn't more found out. We see the tip of the ice burg but the boat still goes full steam ahead.

If you can duplicate my signature......you deserve my vote

Good luck

and all polls workers are signature analysis experts?????????????? Uhhhh, OK.

"your signature looks different", "I have nerve damage in my wrist and it changed the way I write" "ok, mr rightwinger, here's your ballot, have a great day" "hey, max, I need some more coffee and another donut"

In those cases we have representatives of each party at the poll who can challenge your vote and give you a provisional ballot

yeah, right. Your signature on the ballot is not compared to your signature on the registration rolls, when you sign you are testifying the you are who you claim to be. The polll worker is not there to compare the signatures and challenge you if he/she thinks they are different.

Just show your ID. How did you register in the first place if you have no ID? You have to prove who you are to get on the rolls.

the arguments you lefties try to make on this are ridiculous

We could use a signature like we have for hundreds of years

so if I show up at your polling place and claim to be you, sign the form, and vote, you are OK with that?

then when you show up later that day to vote and get arrested for trying to vote twice, you are OK with that too?

Red, that is not the way it is done that would be expose that there is fraud. Those voted for by another person are either already in the grave or known not to show up to the polls. So if you wanted to fix an election you would have a block party with a keg. Then when those at party didn't show up have someone vote for them. It would be impossible to prove fraud. Which is why I think there isn't more found out. We see the tip of the ice burg but the boat still goes full steam ahead.

I understand that, I gave that example to get RW to admit his real agenda.

when you go to buy a gun a background check is run on you before the sale is made. If you are one of those things, you will not be allowed to buy the gun.

A single fraudulent vote would probably not change an election, but a few hundred could. remember ohio in 2012?

No, I remember Colorado, Texas, Virginia, Connecticut, etc. etc. etc. Not all gun sales occur legally as everyone knows. But my point isn't about gun control, per se, it's about hypocrisy of those on the right who demand that their right to own arms shall not be infringed in any manner, but the Rights of others to vote can be denied by fiat.

No one wants to infringe anyones right to vote, only to limit it to one vote per person. How many people in the USA today do not have some valid form of ID?

This is a bullshit talking point fromt the left in order to continue to try to win elections through voter fraud.

There should be a deal struck in congress. Everybody needs an I.D. to vote with plenty of advance notice to help the shut ins and those in rural areas to get an i.d. In return, no more lobbyists and corporations influencing our voting process. This would probably mean taxpayer funded elections. No more Soros or Kochs types influencing elections hopefully.

does anyone have valid statistics on how many registered voters in the USA do not have some form of picture ID ?

who are they, where are they?

note: I said registered voters. the left keeps saying that everyone is on the voter rolls but should not have to prove identity to vote.

If you believe "No one wants to infringe anyones right to vote" you need to provide evidence for your opinion; if you believe voter fraud is rampant, post the evidence. Below is an example of voter fraud in Iowa:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07tM1kUKCe8]GOP's $150k Voter Fraud Investigation Turns Up... Jack Sh*t - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07tM1kUKCe8]GOP's $150k Voter Fraud Investigation Turns Up... Jack Sh*t - YouTube[/ame]

There should be a deal struck in congress. Everybody needs an I.D. to vote with plenty of advance notice to help the shut ins and those in rural areas to get an i.d. In return, no more lobbyists and corporations influencing our voting process. This would probably mean taxpayer funded elections. No more Soros or Kochs types influencing elections hopefully.

I have said it before but I will say it again. In my state you need a photo id to buy a fishing license. And when you are fishing you need to have that id. So liberals put fishing above voting.

works for me-------------libs?

and all polls workers are signature analysis experts?????????????? Uhhhh, OK.

"your signature looks different", "I have nerve damage in my wrist and it changed the way I write" "ok, mr rightwinger, here's your ballot, have a great day" "hey, max, I need some more coffee and another donut"

In those cases we have representatives of each party at the poll who can challenge your vote and give you a provisional ballot

yeah, right. Your signature on the ballot is not compared to your signature on the registration rolls, when you sign you are testifying the you are who you claim to be. The polll worker is not there to compare the signatures and challenge you if he/she thinks they are different.

Just show your ID. How did you register in the first place if you have no ID? You have to prove who you are to get on the rolls.

The OP asks what way other than ID can ensure voter fraud does not take place. I replied a live signature compared against the signature on your registration

I live in NJ and they verify my signature.

Like I said, not everyone has an ID, everyone has a signature

Which recent election was won with voter fraud? Is there an election that can be used as an example of a recent attempt to win with voter fraud?

If no one wants to infringe on anyones right to vote, why do the new laws go beyond voter ID and include things like, shortened voting hours, reduction of poll locations, restrictions on types of ID allowed, etc.?

Voter fraud is a crime. Why shouldn't a person have to be accused of a crime and found quilty instead of the reverse? Voter ID implies all voters are quilty of voter fraud unless they prove themselves innocent by showing some specific form of ID. What happened to innocent until proven quilty?

Maybe the left is right, there isn't enough fraud to make a difference, those doing the tiny bit that has been found out only do it for the fun of it. Much like the hanging chads in the 2001 Florida elections were not enough to make a difference but damn we had to go through a month of BS.

If you believe "No one wants to infringe anyones right to vote" you need to provide evidence for your opinion; if you believe voter fraud is rampant, post the evidence. Below is an example of voter fraud in Iowa:
QUOTE]

I stand corrected, many dems and libs would like to restrict the voting rights of conservatives, teaparty members, republicans, southerners, libertarians, and anyone else that does not agree with their marxist agenda.

I agree that not much voter fraud has been proven, but it has been proven that Acorn orchestrated voter fraud in several places. One fraudulent vote is too many.

The OP asks what way other than ID can ensure voter fraud does not take place. I replied a live signature compared against the signature on your registration

I live in NJ and they verify my signature.

Like I said, not everyone has an ID, everyone has a signature

How many registered voters do not have an ID ? who are these people, where do they live, how did they get on the voter rolls?

Which recent election was won with voter fraud? Is there an election that can be used as an example of a recent attempt to win with voter fraud?

If no one wants to infringe on anyones right to vote, why do the new laws go beyond voter ID and include things like, shortened voting hours, reduction of poll locations, restrictions on types of ID allowed, etc.?

Voter fraud is a crime. Why shouldn't a person have to be accused of a crime and found quilty instead of the reverse? Voter ID implies all voters are quilty of voter fraud unless they prove themselves innocent by showing some specific form of ID. What happened to innocent until proven quilty?

we will never know

Forum List

Back