🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Simplifying the Tax System Is Easy in the Real World

Unfortunately the DC elitists require everything be so complex and you need to hire lawyers for everything so they can maintain control over you.

A flat tax on gross income, no deductions. Period.

You earn X dollars, you pay a percentage. Same percentage for all. I have no idea what that percentage should be, but for the sake of discussion say it is 10%. You earn $100,000, you pay $10,000. You earn $1,000 you pay $100.

But weatherman, the lowest earners are paying the same percentage as millionaires!

Yep. Everyone has a vested interest in America. The same vested interest on how America does.

Show me a flat tax proposal that does not cut taxes on the wealthy and raise them for low skilled workers

A flat tax on gross income would raise taxes on millions of low income Americans, WITH JOBS.

For example, a person at minimum wage making 20,000 a year might now pay little or no income tax after deductions, exemptions, credits, etc.

A 10% flat tax on gross income would mean that person would pay $2000 in taxes.

It can't be done
With the wealthy paying at a 38% tax rate, any flat tax will automatically decrease their net taxes while increasing taxes on the working poor who now pay 12%

Unfortunately the DC elitists require everything be so complex and you need to hire lawyers for everything so they can maintain control over you.

You earn X dollars, you pay a percentage. Same percentage for all. I have no idea what that percentage should be, but for the sake of discussion say it is 10%. You earn $100,000, you pay $10,000. You earn $1,000 you pay $100.

But weatherman, the lowest earners are paying the same percentage as millionaires!

Yep. Everyone has a vested interest in America. The same vested interest on how America does.

You can eliminate the complexity and deductions without going to a flat tax. A simple progressive tax would do the same thing.
Leftists hate equality. Why?

The progressive tax is equality. Everyone pays the same rate for whatever income they have in each of the brackets.
Why is making $1 a year more which requires you to pay $1,000 in additional taxes equality?

Show me a flat tax proposal that does not cut taxes on the wealthy and raise them for low skilled workers

A flat tax on gross income would raise taxes on millions of low income Americans, WITH JOBS.

For example, a person at minimum wage making 20,000 a year might now pay little or no income tax after deductions, exemptions, credits, etc.

It can't be done
With the wealthy paying at a 38% tax rate, any flat tax will automatically decrease their net taxes while increasing taxes on the working poor who now pay 12%
You are uninformed if you think Bill Gates pays 38% on his gross income.

It can't be done

I have a simple question about your flat tax proposal

Keeping revenue neutral (same amount of tax money coming in)

Pick a number between 0% tax rate and 38% tax rate where the wealthy do not end up paying less and the working poor do not end up paying more

You are obviously are not familiar with REALITY that such tax structure would mean huge tax cut for the rich and huge tax increase for the poor and low middle class and is ACTUALLY not politically viable in this country.

Your are idea is equal parts simple and stupid (as they usually are)
So you think Bill Gates pays his fair share today?

No, he has huge deductions and tax shelters.

Why do you not want the rich to pay their fair share?

Of course he has huge deductions - HE IS GIVING AWAY MOST OF HIS MONEY, why wouldn't that be a deduction?

Either way, we don't need to turn the whole tax system upside down and transfering tax burden from the rich onto those least able to afford it.

All we need to do is institute minimum tax on income of ANY kind, above certain point (lets say 1 million), see Buffet Rule.

It can't be done

Pick a number between 0% tax rate and 38% tax rate where the wealthy do not end up paying less and the working poor do not end up paying more
Easy to calculate if you know how much people like Gates, Clinton and Obama paid last year in taxes. Then just take their gross and how much they paid in taxes.

You can eliminate the complexity and deductions without going to a flat tax. A simple progressive tax would do the same thing.
Exactly.

The rubes have been deliberately misled to bleev a flat tax and no deductions are the same thing.

You are obviously are not familiar with REALITY that such tax structure would mean huge tax cut for the rich and huge tax increase for the poor and low middle class and is ACTUALLY not politically viable in this country.

Of course he has huge deductions - HE IS GIVING AWAY MOST OF HIS MONEY, why wouldn't that be a deduction?

Either way, we don't need to turn the whole tax system upside down and transfering tax burden from the rich onto those least able to afford it.

All we need to do is institute minimum tax on income of ANY kind, above certain point (lets say 1 million), see Buffet Rule.
A waitress paying $2,000 a year in taxes is going to be bearing the same burden as Bill Gates who will pay $20M a year in taxes.

Study after study has shown that if we move from the current progressive tax structure to a flat tax, a huge burden of taxes would be shifted from the wealthy onto the middle class.

Exactly.

The rubes have been deliberately misled to bleev a flat tax and no deductions are the same thing.
So you want exemptions for charity?

OK.

This discussion is awesome.

After years of being the lonely voice in the wilderness crying out for a ban on tax expenditures, this is suddenly popular with the pseudocons!

Exactly.

So you want exemptions for charity?

OK.
Where the hell did you get this idea from what I said?

Study after study has shown that if we move from the current progressive tax structure to a flat tax, a huge burden of taxes would be shifted from the wealthy onto the middle class.
Studies done by insider elitists who have a vested interest in keeping the tax system complex.

The flat tax falls flat for good reasons

Moreover, its simplicity is a ruse. The thing that complicates the tax code is not the number of rates. It’s the myriad ways in which we define different types of income. It’s all the preferences, deductions and credits.

Now, you might argue that a flat tax will get rid of those, but all that tells me is that a) you don’t know the tax lobby, and b) you’re one of the few people who’s not running for president.

It can't be done

Easy to calculate if you know how much people like Gates, Clinton and Obama paid last year in taxes. Then just take their gross and how much they paid in taxes.

This is your thread....you are supporting a flat tax

Just show me a flat percentage in which the rich do not pay less and the working poor do not end up paying more

What is your number?

Studies done by insider elitists who have a vested interest in keeping the tax system complex.

Weatherman is a simple guy - studies that don't conform to his simple ideas are by lefties. THE END.

A waitress paying $2,000 a year in taxes is going to be bearing the same burden as Bill Gates who will pay $20M a year in taxes.

Her taxes will go up and Bill Gates taxes will go down

Her taxes will go up and Bill Gates taxes will go down
Math hard for you? What percentage in Gates gross income makes his taxes go down?

As I've said at least a hundred times. It does not matter which tax scheme you have (progressive income tax, flat tax, Fair Tax, etc.), if you do not ban tax expenditures, then your system will be immediately and thoroughly corrupted.

Weatherman is a simple guy - studies that don't conform to his simple ideas are by lefties. THE END.
Cracks me up. You sheep hear "studies say" or "scientists say" and you turn off all thought and follow along without question.

Forum List

Back