🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Simplifying the Tax System Is Easy in the Real World

I know it's how a progressive tax works. At some point you transition into a higher bracket. And that's based upon a fixed dollar amount.

So you think that if the cutoff between brackets is say $100,000 that a person making $100,001 is going to pay thousands more than a person making $100,000?
Going into a higher bracket makes you pay more, Dufus.

Yes I get that, but I don't know if you understand how a progressive system actually works.

So using my example above. Lets say the rate for $100,000 and under is 10% and $100,001 and above is 20%.

How much more would someone who makes $100,001 pay than someone who makes $100,000? Just one dollar more in salary, means they pay how much more in taxes? What do you think?

You obviously have no clue as to how tax brackets work.

That doesn't even make sense. I didn't give any answer. I asked for your opinion.
It is not opinion that someone in a 20% bracket pays 20%.

I think I scared him away. It's funny to watch someone argue tax policy that clearly doesn't understand the basic concept of how our tax system actually works.

A flat tax is a simple idea for simple people like the OP.
Your stupidity bores me.

Tell me more about how making $1 more makes someone pay thousands more in taxes. You are arguing against something that you clearly have no clue about.

So you know, your entire salary isn't taxed at that higher rate, just the amount you make above the threshold. So making $1 above the bracket line would be the only portion that's taxed at a higher rate. In my example we're talking about an extra .10 cents.

Stay clueless though.

So you think that if the cutoff between brackets is say $100,000 that a person making $100,001 is going to pay thousands more than a person making $100,000?

Yes I get that, but I don't know if you understand how a progressive system actually works.

So using my example above. Lets say the rate for $100,000 and under is 10% and $100,001 and above is 20%.

How much more would someone who makes $100,001 pay than someone who makes $100,000? Just one dollar more in salary, means they pay how much more in taxes? What do you think?

That doesn't even make sense. I didn't give any answer. I asked for your opinion.

On $1, not on $100,001. Holy fuck the modern GOP is actually fucking retarded.

All you Leftards have is strawmen. You pathetic liar, I never claimed that.

All you Leftards have is strawmen. You pathetic liar, I never claimed that.

You said:

Someone in 20% bracket pays 20% of income that is ONLY IN THAT BRAKET and the income portion that bellow that bracket gets taxed according to the bracket it is in.

So yes, it's not an opinion, it is simply false that those in 20% bracket would actually pay 20% on their entire income.

Unfortunately the DC elitists require everything be so complex and you need to hire lawyers for everything so they can maintain control over you.

A flat tax on gross income, no deductions. Period.

You earn X dollars, you pay a percentage. Same percentage for all. I have no idea what that percentage should be, but for the sake of discussion say it is 10%. You earn $100,000, you pay $10,000. You earn $1,000 you pay $100.

But weatherman, the lowest earners are paying the same percentage as millionaires!

Yep. Everyone has a vested interest in America. The same vested interest on how America does.

You can eliminate the complexity and deductions without going to a flat tax. A simple progressive tax would do the same thing.
Leftists hate equality. Why?

The progressive tax is equality. Everyone pays the same rate for whatever income they have in each of the brackets.
Why is making $1 a year more which requires you to pay $1,000 in additional taxes equality?

Bringing this back to the top to prove you literally have no clue how a progressive tax system works.

And what does that have to do with anything I wrote? I'm neither a Democrat, nor in California, and I would agree that the energy and sales taxes, and increased transportation fees are regressive.
Then stop whining that the bottom earners will have to pay more. They get jabbed with higher taxes by libs all the time.
Who's whining? I'm pointing out facts. A flat income tax disproportionately affects those with lower income in that it affects their ability to purchase necessities, while it would not for higher incomes. If you're ok with that, fine, but don't pretend a flat tax is "fair" or equal.

Other taxes are irrelevant to a discussion of income taxes, unless you want to talk about total taxes paid. The number one regressive tax is, of course, the lottery.
And a gas tax going up 50% affects low income workers more than Barbara Streisand. Your point is moot.
How do you figure? I agree that a gas tax going up 50% affects low income workers more than the super-rich. That doesn't make my point that a flat tax affects the poor more than the middle and upper class any less true.
I stand with my belief all Americans have a vested interest in America.
Good tactic. Stick by a point no one is arguing against.

Watch low income folks scream for reduced spending if they have to pay.
No one ever calls for reduced spending on programs that help them.

You're the one yapping about equality. Should you pay for gasoline based on how much money you make?

They should make all taxes flat taxes, with a dollar offset, like Forbes. Such as property tax based on the value of the property above $50,000.

Income tax based in income above $25,000

Pretty soon, that makes the flat tax, look close to the progressive income tax, except covering everything.

Right ?

This whole flat tax is a shell game to screw the working stiff.

And the pro flat tax people like to ignore every other tax that's being paid by people.

Wrong. They pay 20% on their taxable earnings that fall into the 20% bracket. You are in over your head.

I'll explain it to you.

Say there are two brackets:

From 1 to 20,000 taxable income is the 10% bracket

From 20,001 on up is the 20% bracket.

If you earned 20,001 dollars in taxable income.

What would you pay?

I'll explain it to you.

Say there are two brackets:

From 1 to 20,000 taxable income is the 10% bracket

From 20,001 on up is the 20% bracket.

If you earned 20,001 dollars in taxable income.

What would you pay?

I tried this already with him

1) He doesn't understand how this works
2) I literally think he can't do the math we're asking.

Forum List

Back