Since the vast vast majority of people live paycheck to paycheck

initforme

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2011
We should be preaching to not go out and spend as things open up. Create your nest egg and forego spending buying only food and dire necessities. No entertainment, no shopping for anything you don't have to have. More peoe saving and less spending will only strengthen our citizenry.

We should be preaching to not go out and spend as things open up. Create your nest egg and forego spending buying only food and dire necessities. No entertainment, no shopping for anything you don't have to have. More peoe saving and less spending will only strengthen our citizenry.
It was the greatest economy in the history of economics. They should have already had that safety net, shouldn't they?

Hard to save a buck on $15 an hour. Then again for that nobody is going to work themselves all that hard. But a good sized nest egg....let's call it 1 years worth of take-home pay helps in a tight spot.

No entertainment, no shopping for anything you don't have to have. More peoe saving and less spending will only strengthen our citizenry.

Maybe, I am one of the few that invest in gold. So, I am also one of those, that don't live paycheck to paycheck. I may not have a lot of money. But at least, I have something to fall on - just in case.

Hard to save a buck on $15 an hour. Then again for that nobody is going to work themselves all that hard. But a good sized nest egg....let's call it 1 years worth of take-home pay helps in a tight spot.

Not where I live. 15 an hour puts you solidly into lower middle class. I made 15 an hour for years and managed to save up and drop 20% down on a 3 bedroom 2 bath brick home on an acre of beautiful land full of trees and shade.

Under Trump my pay doubled and I paid said house off 23 years early saving almost 100 grand in interest over the remainder of the loan.

Why make $15 when you can triple that? The more one pays the harder people work as it should be.

Spoken like a true gubmint employee. What about the majority of the country who work for small businesses? Oh right, "Initforme" I get it.

Under Trump my pay doubled

So what kind of job, "Doubled in Pay" in the last 40 months?

In home massage therapy ...

B63MNzyCMAAsjKX.jpg

The thread premise is truly ridiculous.

It’s because people live paycheck to paycheck that they can’t ‘save up’ to create a ‘nest egg.’

They’re already foregoing buying things.

Indeed, after rent/mortgage, utilities, food, and other necessities, there is little – if anything – left over.

And if they manage to save a small amount of money, it’s gone when the car needs to be repaired, when the water heater dies, or when there’s a medical emergency.

Most Americans have been hard-hit by this recession not because of ‘reckless’ or ‘irresponsible’ spending, but because wages have been stagnant for decades.

I've been in finance since Reagan was prez. My 52 Week Solution is a simple bullet proof financial plan.

It was the greatest economy in the history of economics. They should have already had that safety net, shouldn't they?
Some people will live paycheck to paycheck no matter how much money they make. Others who make a lot less still manage to save money.

Some people will live paycheck to paycheck no matter how much money they make. Others who make a lot less still manage to save money.
"Greatest economy ever!"

We all had money running outta our asses, if tRump was to be believed.

Where did it all go?

"Greatest economy ever!"

Where did it all go?
What did you do with it?

"Greatest economy ever!"

Where did it all go?
What did you do with it?

Did anyone look under the sofa cushions?

My favorite ground beef is $7.59 a pound right now, so I cut back on a gram of weed a day to make up for it.

Forum List

Back