Since this is the Politics Forum...

She said she was wrong. People can be wrong without lying. It's her critics that are spinning it. Trump could simply have said Kahn was wrong, and defended his position. He chose to attack Khan's wife and their religion instead.

The Donald didn't attack Mrs. Khan nor did he attack the religion of the Khan's.

The Khan's were simply used as a political prop and that's pretty crass, it was they who were at that convention simply because they're Muslim, as a method to be divisive and used as a wedge issue. That Mrs. Khan didn't speak, well why didn't she? Why was she standing there all subservient?

I've already made comments regarding this in this thread.

My post # 49.

My post # 59.

In my opinion, he most certainly did attack his religion, by implying that is wife was "not allowed to speak". It was a gross personal attack. As to why she didn't speak, she explained it, in an interview later - where she was emotional trying to talk about her son, she broke down. Donald handled it completely wrong - compare it, for example, to how President Bush handled Cindy Sheehan's attacks on him over the Iraq war (where she had lost her son). Trump could have simply said something about how he sympathized with the family, and appreciated the sacrifice, and then gone on to defend his positions. There was no reason on earth to attack their religion like that. Trump is the Big Guy. The Khan's (and the Smiths and the Sheehans) are constituents, part of the people he might be elected to serve. The Little Guys.

Maybe if Islam didn't have such a horrendous reputation for treating women like second class citizens and for women being subservient to men, then there wouldn't be the NEED to ask why a woman isn't speaking, why is she just standing there looking subservient.

Have you thought about that?

For instance, if that were a situation where the people concerned were Roman Catholic or Baptist or Jewish, would we even be having this discussion? I don't think we would.

The Cindy Sheehan thing, I'll have to have a read, I've heard of her, but I'm not 100% read up on her and GWB and the happening you refer to.

In the US, Muslims are no different than any other demographic, that's the thing. If Trump were bashing Catholics - and a Catholic father of military person who died in service gave that speech - what would the reaction be?

Sheehan lost her son in the Iraq war and blamed Bush for it, she started an anti-war campaign and picketed his Texas ranch for quite some time. She, Patricia Smith, and the Khan's should all be treated respectfully. That is one thing that those with can always do, and it's the mark of a good leader in my opinion - that they can take the high road and be gracious. :)

Well The Donald hasn't bashed Catholics, but the Anti-Pope bashed The Donald, not that wading into political elections is considered a usual part of The Papacy.

There would be minimal reason for The Donald to bash Catholics, but as we know, there are some very troubling aspects to Islamism. How do you know American Muslims are no different to any other demographic?

Look at here in Europa, most Muslim women are attired as if still in Islamic nations, not all in the full-on Burka, but they're expected to be attired in what's bizarrely referred to as "modestly"

Okay thanks about Cindy Sheehan.

Of course she, Patricia Smith and the Khan's should all be treated respectfully, also Mr. Khan was out of order launching a full-on attack on The Donald, what he said was worse than what The Donald said.

This SEAL nails it....

Fmr Navy SEAL on Khizr Khan: There Have Been 3 Elections Since Son Was Killed — ‘Part of the Clinton Machine’
Tuesday in an appearance on FBN’s “Lou Dobbs Tonight,” former U.S. Navy SEAL Team Six Leader Rob O’Neill pointed to the timing of Khizr Khan’s participation in presidential election politics and declared him to be “part of the Clinton machine.”

“It is unfortunate,” O’Neill said. “They shouldn’t be politicizing it. And there was no mistake he came out for the Clintons. He’s worked for the Clintons before and there have been three presidential elections since his son was killed. They could have come out for — this is one he decided to come out for. This is part of the Clinton machine. There’s no mistake that Mr. Trump was interviewed by George Stephanopoulos. He’s in the Clinton camp as well and this is how Clinton politics work as opposed to going on Hillary’s record we’re just going to how bad you are.”

Fmr Navy SEAL on Khizr Khan: There Have Been 3 Elections Since Son Was Killed - 'Part of the Clinton Machine' - Breitbart

She said she was wrong. People can be wrong without lying. It's her critics that are spinning it. Trump could simply have said Kahn was wrong, and defended his position. He chose to attack Khan's wife and their religion instead.

The Donald didn't attack Mrs. Khan nor did he attack the religion of the Khan's.

The Khan's were simply used as a political prop and that's pretty crass, it was they who were at that convention simply because they're Muslim, as a method to be divisive and used as a wedge issue. That Mrs. Khan didn't speak, well why didn't she? Why was she standing there all subservient?

My post # 49.

My post # 59.

In my opinion, he most certainly did attack his religion, by implying that is wife was "not allowed to speak". It was a gross personal attack. As to why she didn't speak, she explained it, in an interview later - where she was emotional trying to talk about her son, she broke down. Donald handled it completely wrong - compare it, for example, to how President Bush handled Cindy Sheehan's attacks on him over the Iraq war (where she had lost her son). Trump could have simply said something about how he sympathized with the family, and appreciated the sacrifice, and then gone on to defend his positions. There was no reason on earth to attack their religion like that. Trump is the Big Guy. The Khan's (and the Smiths and the Sheehans) are constituents, part of the people he might be elected to serve. The Little Guys.

Maybe if Islam didn't have such a horrendous reputation for treating women like second class citizens and for women being subservient to men, then there wouldn't be the NEED to ask why a woman isn't speaking, why is she just standing there looking subservient.

For instance, if that were a situation where the people concerned were Roman Catholic or Baptist or Jewish, would we even be having this discussion? I don't think we would.

The Cindy Sheehan thing, I'll have to have a read, I've heard of her, but I'm not 100% read up on her and GWB and the happening you refer to.

In the US, Muslims are no different than any other demographic, that's the thing. If Trump were bashing Catholics - and a Catholic father of military person who died in service gave that speech - what would the reaction be?

Sheehan lost her son in the Iraq war and blamed Bush for it, she started an anti-war campaign and picketed his Texas ranch for quite some time. She, Patricia Smith, and the Khan's should all be treated respectfully. That is one thing that those with can always do, and it's the mark of a good leader in my opinion - that they can take the high road and be gracious. :)

Well The Donald hasn't bashed Catholics, but the Anti-Pope bashed The Donald, not that wading into political elections is considered a usual part of The Papacy.

There would be minimal reason for The Donald to bash Catholics, but as we know, there are some very troubling aspects to Islamism. How do you know American Muslims are no different to any other demographic?

Look at here in Europa, most Muslim women are attired as if still in Islamic nations, not all in the full-on Burka, but they're expected to be attired in what's bizarrely referred to as "modestly"

Of course she, Patricia Smith and the Khan's should all be treated respectfully, also Mr. Khan was out of order launching a full-on attack on The Donald, what he said was worse than what The Donald said.

Khan was no more out of order than Patricia Smith and Cindy Sheehan, who angrily attacked Clinton and Bush.

Pew is a well-respected non-partisan research center that conducts polls around the world. This is what they say about American Muslims: Muslims and Islam: Key findings in the U.S. and around the world

The thing about Islamic dress is - it's not Islamic. It's cultural - cultural attitudes about "modest" dress. There is nothing in the Quran for example, on it. The primary countries that wear them are Afghanistan and Pakistan. The idea being, of course, that men can't be expected to conrol themselves! :lol:

My post # 49.

My post # 59.

This SEAL nails it....

Fmr Navy SEAL on Khizr Khan: There Have Been 3 Elections Since Son Was Killed — ‘Part of the Clinton Machine’
Tuesday in an appearance on FBN’s “Lou Dobbs Tonight,” former U.S. Navy SEAL Team Six Leader Rob O’Neill pointed to the timing of Khizr Khan’s participation in presidential election politics and declared him to be “part of the Clinton machine.”

“It is unfortunate,” O’Neill said. “They shouldn’t be politicizing it. And there was no mistake he came out for the Clintons. He’s worked for the Clintons before and there have been three presidential elections since his son was killed. They could have come out for — this is one he decided to come out for. This is part of the Clinton machine. There’s no mistake that Mr. Trump was interviewed by George Stephanopoulos. He’s in the Clinton camp as well and this is how Clinton politics work as opposed to going on Hillary’s record we’re just going to how bad you are.”

Fmr Navy SEAL on Khizr Khan: There Have Been 3 Elections Since Son Was Killed - 'Part of the Clinton Machine' - Breitbart

So?

This SEAL nails it....

So?

Woooooosh! Have you wondered why all the sudden he wants to be left alone and why he deleted the website? The man is as dirty as they come

My post # 49.

My post # 59.

This SEAL nails it....

Yes I agree, I commented the same thing on another thread, that the Khan's were being used by the Left to score political points and that 12 years ago this is why the Khan's weren't trotted out in public then.

My post # 8.

How Would You Like To Be Khan's Wife

This SEAL nails it....

So?

Woooooosh! Have you wondered why all the sudden he wants to be left alone and why he deleted the website? The man is as dirty as they come

It's very weird that Mr. Khan suddenly deleted the website yes.

The reason the Khans came came out now is that this is the first election where a presidential front runner and candidate has so broadly attacked Muslims and questioned their patriotism and loyalty- calling for a complete ban on ALL immigration of Muslims, a registry of Muslims, an ID card...

This SEAL nails it....

So?

You don't think that perhaps it's because of all this uproar he might have been recieving threats, attacks etc on it?

The reason the Khans came came out now is that this is the first election where a presidential front runner and candidate has so broadly attacked Muslims and questioned their patriotism and loyalty- calling for a complete ban on ALL immigration of Muslims, a registry of Muslims, an ID card...

You need to connect all the dots, not just the ones that suit your agenda

This SEAL nails it....

So?

You don't think that perhaps it's because of all this uproar he might have been recieving threats, attacks etc on it?

I think he did because it exposed him for what he is. I've also read his writings on Sharia Law....tsk tsk tsk

This SEAL nails it....

So?

I think he did because it exposed him for what he is. I've also read his writings on Sharia Law....tsk tsk tsk

lol, sure you have.

What Donald Trump Doesn’t Get About Ghazala and Khizr Khan - The New Yorker

Khan, though his speech centered on the loss of his son, had made the case against Trump more powerfully than almost any other speaker. His son was, as a small child, a Muslim immigrant—the kind of person Trump has said he wants to ban. As an adult, in 2004, he told the soldiers under his command to stay back while he walked toward an uncertain threat. A car bomb went off; Captain Khan was killed, and his soldiers lived. Twelve years later, his father, speaking directly to Trump, said, “Let me ask you: Have you even read the United States Constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy.” He had one, and he pulled it out and waved it at the crowd at the D.N.C. “In this document, look for the words ‘liberty’ and ‘equal protection of law.’ ” He added, “You have sacrificed nothing and no one.”

This SEAL nails it....

So?

What specifically did you read?

This SEAL nails it....

So?

What specifically did you read?

It was on some site I was linked to, something he wrote a few years back and how Sharia must be followed by devout Muslims. I'll see if I can find it but it's been a day or two

Trump's ban on Muslims works like this:

"Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump sought to explain how his proposed ban on allowing Muslims into the U.S. would work Tuesday during an interview on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, saying he was “using common sense” when calling for limiting Muslims’ entrance into America.

MSNBC’s Willie Geist responded to the plan by asking the real estate mogul specifically how the ban would be implemented, noting that passports do not indicate a person’s religion.

“A customs agent would ask the person his or her religion?” Geist inquired.

“They would say, ‘Are you Muslim?'” Trump replied.

“And if they said, ‘yes,’ they would not be allowed in the country?” Geist asked.

“That’s correct,” said Trump."

Here's How Donald Trump Says His Muslim Ban Would Work

Religious bigotry and discrimination, pure, plain, and simple.

Considering the mortal threat Western nations face from Radical Islam, it's logical that there should be a ban on Immigration from Muslims, a registry of all Muslims and an ID card.

This is a proper threat, it's not something in a film, it's happened and it's happening and it's going to be an ongoing threat for a considerable amount of time.

That people say that not ALL Muslims are radicalised, is a straw man. This is because what are considered run-of-the-mill moderate Muslims can become Radical's in a short space of time, literally within months, that they can go from being a non-threat to an actual threat so quickly is very disturbing.

The other aspect is we don't KNOW who are run-of-the-mill Muslims and the already Radical ones, because the latter don't advertise this to their community and neighbourhood.

So it's an impossibility to separate the wheat from the chaff, as such they all have to be subject to the same measures.

People also say that this is "bigoted" because we're "singling" out Muslims, again this is another straw man.

99% of the terrorist attacks that Western nations are experiencing are committed by Muslims.

Western nations aren't under mortal threat from Christians, Jews, Mormons, Quakers etc.

Do you understand this?

Tsk, tsk tsk....

Paul Sperry: Khzir Khan Is a ‘World-Renowned Expert on Sharia, Not the Constitution’

New York Post columnist and former Hoover Institution media fellow Paul Sperry appeared on Wednesday’s Breitbart News Daily with SiriusXM host Stephen K. Bannon to discuss his column for Breitbart News, “Khizr Khan Believes the Constitution ‘Must Always Be Subordinated to the Sharia.’”

“It turns out that we were conned by Khan,” Perry quipped. “His past Islamic writings reveal his support for sharia, and extreme sharia enforcers, which totally contradicts his support for the Constitution he waved in all our faces at the Democratic convention.”

“Specifically, in a book review I unearthed from the ’80s, Khan praises a Pakistani mullah — of course, Khan is an immigrant from Pakistan — he praises this Pakistani mullah who advocates for the enforcement of barbaric sharia punishments, like floggings, amputations, and beheadings, for those who violate Islamic laws,” Sperry said.

Paul Sperry: Khzir Khan Is a ‘World-Renowned Expert on Sharia, Not the Constitution’ - Breitbart

Tsk, tsk tsk....

Paul Sperry: Khzir Khan Is a ‘World-Renowned Expert on Sharia, Not the Constitution’

New York Post columnist and former Hoover Institution media fellow Paul Sperry appeared on Wednesday’s Breitbart News Daily with SiriusXM host Stephen K. Bannon to discuss his column for Breitbart News, “Khizr Khan Believes the Constitution ‘Must Always Be Subordinated to the Sharia.’”

“It turns out that we were conned by Khan,” Perry quipped. “His past Islamic writings reveal his support for sharia, and extreme sharia enforcers, which totally contradicts his support for the Constitution he waved in all our faces at the Democratic convention.”

“Specifically, in a book review I unearthed from the ’80s, Khan praises a Pakistani mullah — of course, Khan is an immigrant from Pakistan — he praises this Pakistani mullah who advocates for the enforcement of barbaric sharia punishments, like floggings, amputations, and beheadings, for those who violate Islamic laws,” Sperry said.

Paul Sperry: Khzir Khan Is a ‘World-Renowned Expert on Sharia, Not the Constitution’ - Breitbart

But but but the Leftists will say:

"It's Breitbart"

The same Leftists think nothing of posting articles from The Huffington Post etc of course.

Tsk, tsk tsk....

"It's Breitbart"

The same Leftists think nothing of posting articles from The Huffington Post etc of course.

I don't give two shits what a daffy leftist whines and bawls about

Tsk, tsk tsk....

"It's Breitbart"

I don't give two shits what a daffy leftist whines and bawls about

I know, I'm just saying they seem to have a thing about Breitbart.

Forum List

Back