Since we live in a country where a majority of Americans are in agreement............

YOU want to ignore the wishes of the majority… because you are in the minority
Bingo! That is because I had a real education on how a federated republic is meant to operate, how civil rights and civil rights are guaranteed to individuals and states, regardless of the will of the majority. duh.

iu

Yup, I've heard that one before. Please read this.

The reason we keep saying we are a Republic is simple -- We are a Republic. Fuking period.

It says so in the US Constitution.

It is not semantics, it is not word-play it is FACT.

Our Founders knew what a democracy was. Completely and totally. I mean, democracy is only about 2,500 years old. They knew.

They knew what a Republic was, too. They're at least as old. Especially if you include the Etruscans

There was a big difference 2,500 years ago and there is a big difference today. WE ARE A MOTHaFUkKING REPUBLIC!!

Got it?

You want to change that, call for a Constitutional Convention. I'll join you in that call.

Until then, do us all a favor and take your juvenile drivel back to DailyKooks

Bingo! That is because I had a real education on how a federated republic is meant to operate, how civil rights and civil rights are guaranteed to individuals and states, regardless of the will of the majority. duh.

iu
Why do I think that if you were not on the minority that your opinion would be different?

Oh yeah. I’ve read your posts and you are a dishonest hypocrite

But it’s 2024 when Shor’s projected Senate Götterdämmerung really strikes. To see how bad the map is for Democrats, think back to 2018, when anti-Trump fury drove record turnout and handed the House gavel back to Nancy Pelosi. Senate Democrats saw the same huge surge of voters. Nationally, they won about 18 million more votes than Senate Republicans — and they still lost two seats. If 2024 is simply a normal year, in which Democrats win 51 percent of the two-party vote, Shor’s model projects a seven-seat loss, compared with where they are now.

Sit with that. Senate Democrats could win 51 percent of the two-party vote in the next two elections and end up with only 43 seats in the Senate.

......on issues like abortion, gun control, climate change, immigration, campaign finance reform, etc., why isn't the majority's wishes reflected in public policy?
Because there's no consensus. It takes more than majority rule to govern a nation.

The reason we keep saying we are a Republic is simple -- We are a Republic. Fuking period.

It says so in the US Constitution.

It is not semantics, it is not word-play it is FACT.

Our Founders knew what a democracy was. Completely and totally. I mean, democracy is only about 2,500 years old. They knew.

They knew what a Republic was, too. They're at least as old. Especially if you include the Etruscans

There was a big difference 2,500 years ago and there is a big difference today. WE ARE A MOTHaFUkKING REPUBLIC!!

Got it?

You want to change that, call for a Constitutional Convention. I'll join you in that call.

Until then, do us all a favor and take your juvenile drivel back to DailyKooks
We are a REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY.

And currently the minority has found ways to achieve more representation than their numbers allow

iu
If we'd a democracy back in 1860, and we voted on whether or not to continue the institution of Slavery, there would have been no Civil War, no emancipation. There is absolutely no question of that.

But we had a Republic and thoughtful people said, "Umm, no. We don't want slavery. It sucks."

No democracy has ever survived for very long at all. Republics work, democracies do not. It is simply a tyranny of the masses.

If we'd a democracy back in 1860, and we voted on whether or not to continue the institution of Slavery, there would have been no Civil War, no emancipation. There is absolutely no question of that.

But we had a Republic and thoughtful people said, "Umm, no. We don't want slavery. It sucks."

No democracy has ever survived for very long at all. Republics work, democracies do not. It is simply a tyranny of the masses.
You keep taking about pure democracy.

We don’t have that and don’t want that

. You just want to dissolve the federal system?
We don't need to abolish the Federal Government. We need it for Defense, veteran's affairs, state department, patent office and a few other minor things.

Just get rid of all the unnecessary and costly bullshit it does.

If anybody doesn't know what those unnecessary things are I will be glad to give examples.

Forum List

Back