Six Flags Visitor Thrown From Roller Coaster And Killed

If she thought she wasn't locked in she should have gotten off.

She couldn't get off, because the ride manager had already locked her in. What she DID do was ask them to click it another time, as she thought that it may have been unsafe, only problem is, the ride manager said that one click was all that was required.

Me? I've been on a few rollercoasters, and some of them were pretty intense. Loch Ness Monster up in Williamsburg with their double loop to loop was one of them, and even after the ride manager clicked me in, I would see if I could pull at least one or two more clicks after that.

Why? I didn't want to fall out.

Maybe there needs to be better training (as well as better safety standards) for the roller coasters of today, because they're faster and do a lot more aerial acrobatics than what they did just 30 years ago.

As many regulations as they have, they don't have the one they need which is the one that says "you are too fat for this ride".

It's downright comical that airlines can charge the obese more or even keep them from a plane. Ambulances need to be redesigned to accommodate the morbidly obese, but a ride that goes upside down at 100 miles an hour is perfectly safe for fat asses because it would hurt their feelings to be told no.

This is just insanity.

Have you seen the double wide chairs in hospital and clinic waiting rooms and treatment rooms. Next trip to Vandy, I must remember to take a pic of one. And now they also have double wide wheelchairs. And people wonder why diabetes is rampant. Of course, the libs will never hold the one holding the fork accountable. It's ALWAYS someone else who inflicted the fat on the person and now discriminates against them for being fat.

You are right, though, it usually is a very obese person who gets thrown from the ride.

Six Flags Visitor Thrown From Roller Coaster And Killed ? Consumerist

Regulations?

Texasss don't need no regulations.

I wonder if they'll expect the fed govt (taxpayers)to fix this mess too.

Texas has hundreds of pages of regulations for places like Six Flags.

Come to think of it, so do the feds.

What was your point again?

he is just a lying troll

how many threads does he create like this and then never comes back to them...he is good at baiting people with his lies.

Ahhh, yes, he is nothing if not a master baiter!

She couldn't get off, because the ride manager had already locked her in. What she DID do was ask them to click it another time, as she thought that it may have been unsafe, only problem is, the ride manager said that one click was all that was required.

Me? I've been on a few rollercoasters, and some of them were pretty intense. Loch Ness Monster up in Williamsburg with their double loop to loop was one of them, and even after the ride manager clicked me in, I would see if I could pull at least one or two more clicks after that.

Maybe there needs to be better training (as well as better safety standards) for the roller coasters of today, because they're faster and do a lot more aerial acrobatics than what they did just 30 years ago.

Safety of the passengers is their primary job

If a passenger says she doesn't think she is in securely, you check

As painful as it is, grossly and morbidly obese people should be prohibited from these rides. Every time there is an accident like this and someone is ejected they are hugely fat. The woman in this incident looks in the 350 to 400 pound range. Yes it is discrimination. It's necessary discrimination. Many rides have a height requirement. If you are not as tall as this sign you may not ride. They need another saying if you are wider than this board you may not ride.

The latches on the lap bars cannot descend far enough to latch and tonnage under stress pressing on the lap bar causes it to fail.

It is likely that the ride is not designed to handle someone that size. She should never have been let on in the first place. There are a lot of NFL players who would not fit either.

I don't think there is any argument about that. I was on the Blue Streak once in Cedar Point and couldn't get the belt to fasten. I asked the guy running the ride and he wouldn't check it either. I got it fastened AFTER the ride took off. But I was/am not morbidly obese and certainly there was no problem with it going around me.

There is a point that is being made here and that point is that a lot of rides are not designed for people who are so obese that they can't get the safety bar to engage, and those people shouldn't be allowed on the rides. People are stupid and they do stupid things every day. The Wabash Cannonball at Opryland had a height requirement for riders, and it also did not want you riding it if you had a heart condition. My husband's aunt who had already had 2 heart attacks rode it anyway. And I can tell you, if she had another one on or after that ride she would have sued their asses. If there are new regs, they need to be geared to people who will not follow the current regs.

Last edited:
As painful as it is, grossly and morbidly obese people should be prohibited from these rides. Every time there is an accident like this and someone is ejected they are hugely fat. The woman in this incident looks in the 350 to 400 pound range. Yes it is discrimination. It's necessary discrimination. Many rides have a height requirement. If you are not as tall as this sign you may not ride. They need another saying if you are wider than this board you may not ride.

The latches on the lap bars cannot descend far enough to latch and tonnage under stress pressing on the lap bar causes it to fail.

The ride operator should not have let her ride if her size was preventing the safety mechanisms from working.

I agree. That was the fault of the operator. If they discovered a malfunction in the restraint, they should have shut down the ride.

I was riding the Tower of Terror in Disney and some idiot kid unfastened his seatbelt and the computer sensed it and shut down the ride. We all had to be walked off the ride through the fire exit.

Last edited:

The ride operator should not have let her ride if her size was preventing the safety mechanisms from working.

That is illegal. It is discrimination. Think about it. There are no discounts given to fat people even though they might not be able to ride some of the rides in a given park, but they still have to pay the same as a thin person able to get on every ride. Small children DO get a discount because it is understood that they can't ride every ride.

It is not up to the ride operator, who is usually a kid, to make these kinds of judgment calls. There has to be an objective standard. Especially since the fatties themselves can't make that decision.

That is illegal. It is discrimination. Think about it. There are no discounts given to fat people even though they might not be able to ride some of the rides in a given park, but they still have to pay the same as a thin person able to get on every ride. Small children DO get a discount because it is understood that they can't ride every ride.

It is not up to the ride operator, who is usually a kid, to make these kinds of judgment calls. There has to be an objective standard. Especially since the fatties themselves can't make that decision.

Nonsense. It is legal discrimination when there is a good reason for it. Do you think it is illegal discrimination to prohibit children from buying alcohol or firearms or driving a car? Where did you get the idea that children get a discount because they can't ride every ride?

You couldn't be further from the truth

Allowing a passenger to go on a ride that is a danger to them is illegal.

Nonsense. It is legal discrimination when there is a good reason for it. Do you think it is illegal discrimination to prohibit children from buying alcohol or firearms or driving a car? Where did you get the idea that children get a discount because they can't ride every ride?

Might wanna listen to your own rantings...............children get a discount PRECISELY because they can't ride every ride.

If you can't ride the ride, you don't spend the energy required to allow you to ride the ride.

However......................kids generally get adults to ride the rides, resulting in a higher profit.

You couldn't be further from the truth

Allowing a passenger to go on a ride that is a danger to them is illegal.

Where would that law be?

Forum List

Back