Six Flags Visitor Thrown From Roller Coaster And Killed

Really? You can judge the weight of someone without knowing their height or even seeing them in person?

I spent 8 years in the U.S. Navy as a Physical Fitness Coordinator, and I'd guess her weight at around 200.

But then again..................you who have no experience in that field know better than those who have been there. I bow to your expertise.

How many people have you gotten in shape? Me? I did it for an entire command and continued to do it for every command afterwards (which was 3).

I was trained, were you?

I didn't judge her weight, two other people did: one a martial arts and fitness trainer, one a RN. Neither estimated her under 325lbs. (350 and 330, respectively.) She's a whale.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? They let her on the ride. They didn't fasten her in securely. That's what matters.

That ride's safety system clearly has a weight limit. The pictured woman clearly exceeded it.

I didn't judge her weight, two other people did: one a martial arts and fitness trainer, one a RN. Neither estimated her under 325lbs. (350 and 330, respectively.) She's a whale.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? They let her on the ride. They didn't fasten her in securely. That's what matters.

That ride's safety system clearly has a weight limit. The pictured woman clearly exceeded it.

So, it's still their fault. They shouldn't have let her on the ride in the first place, let alone allow her to ride and even brush off her concerns that she wasn't latched in securely.

They don't have a leg to stand on.

Quick question...........................if the ride's safety system clearly has a weight limit, then why isn't there a scale when you get to the front to check and see if you exceed it?

I mean...................Gabriel Iglesias (a comedian who calls himself "Fluffy") has joked about who could get the most clicks when he went on a rollercoaster, and to tell you the truth, that dude exceeds 200 lbs, matter of fact, from the way he talks, I think he's over 300.
The woman said she was concerned because there weren't enough clicks on the safety bar, there was a witness who said she had expressed her concern.

Sorry, but the ride operator and the park are responsible for her death. I hope her family owns the park within the next 6 months (or at least gets a settlement they are quite happy with).

Even if she was latched in securely, the stress of that kind of weight against the mechanism as the ride was running might cause it to fail.

Even if she was latched in securely, the stress of that kind of weight against the mechanism as the ride was running might cause it to fail.

Especially if it was only clicked once like the woman said.

All that force on only one tooth of the ratchet mechanism

Quick question...........................if the ride's safety system clearly has a weight limit, then why isn't there a scale when you get to the front to check and see if you exceed it?

Maybe because (wait for it) people large enough to be Shamu's stand-in were very unusual until recently! EVERY safety system has a weight/mass limit. Do you really think the safety harness on a coaster would restrain 1200lbs?

I mean...................Gabriel Iglesias (a comedian who calls himself "Fluffy") has joked about who could get the most clicks when he went on a rollercoaster, and to tell you the truth, that dude exceeds 200 lbs, matter of fact, from the way he talks, I think he's over 300.

He's probably 100+lbs LIGHTER than the woman in question. I suspect he's also taller, and nowhere near as WIDE!

Maybe because (wait for it) people large enough to be Shamu's stand-in were very unusual until recently! EVERY safety system has a weight/mass limit. Do you really think the safety harness on a coaster would restrain 1200lbs?

He's probably 100+lbs LIGHTER than the woman in question. I suspect he's also taller, and nowhere near as WIDE!
Whose responsibility is it to determine the safety limits of the ride?

The parks or the customers?

You may wish to check out some of his comedy shows on Comedy Central. Not only is he around 6 ft. tall, but he's also around 300 to 350 lbs.

He's even said as much when he makes jokes about his weight.

I guess you missed out on knowing that though. The woman in question is probably around 5 1/2 feet tall and weighs around 200 to 250 lbs.

Nope................sorry...................Fluffy is much larger than she is.

Forum List

Back