Six Flags Visitor Thrown From Roller Coaster And Killed

She is morbidly obese - why the fuck was she even allowed on that ride in the first place??????

If you think that overweight people should not have a cause of action to sue amusement parks for denying them a seat on a ride they are too fat to ride, I fully agree with you. We just don't have that today. What we have are people who have a right to complain for discrimination because an operator humiliated them in public.

Woman Kicked Off Coaster Because She Is Too Fat | FOX2now.com

Kenlie Tiggeman, Southwest's 'Too Fat To Fly' Passenger, Sues Airline (VIDEO)

Some ride operator, usually a kid without the best judgment in the world, is supposed to know when someone is of "unique" body proportions? Or, are they just using it as an excuse to be hurtful? Whatever it is, fat riders are a deadly problem for these amusement parks and someone will have to figure it out.

Unfortunately, our justice system allows people to file lawsuits that would never win on the merits but file them anyway because they know a settlement is cheaper for the defendant than a trial. Airlines have to keep track of the weight of everything on a plane to allow it to get off the ground and since they can't weigh every passenger, they assume a maximum weight for the average person. If one passenger exceeds that weight on a full plane, then for the safety of the other passengers, they have to be allowed to prohibit that person from flying. Safety takes priority over a passengers hurt feelings.

Why don't airlines ask for passenger's weight? - USATODAY.com

I agree that a high school kid operating a ride for minimum wage is not the person who should be making that judgment call but someone has to.

Obviously someone has to. The fault isn't with the ride, or with regulations governing the ride. The fault is allowing grossly obese people on the rides to begin with.

Indeed.....indeed.

They have height restrictions. They need to have weight restrictions. They should put a wodden cut-out at every ride. If you can walk through without touching the sides with any bodypart, you are good to go. If not......you get the boot. Simple.......doesn't cost.

She is morbidly obese - why the fuck was she even allowed on that ride in the first place??????

Have they released a picture of her? I can't find one. I assumed she was fat. We talking 400 lbs? Did seismographs register recordings when she hit the ground?

Have they released a picture of her? I can't find one. I assumed she was fat. We talking 400 lbs? Did seismographs register recordings when she hit the ground?

This is what she looked like:

coaster24n-4-web.jpg

She should NEVER have been allowed on that ride.

coaster24n-4-web.jpg

Interestingly enough, I've ridden rollercoasters with people who were 200 lbs or more.

None of them ever fell out, even when we went to Busch Gardens and rode the Loch Ness Monster.

The person on the line fucked up and didn't click the harness down enough. Hold the park and the attendant culpable for her death.

That's closer to 400lbs tan 200!

Really? You can judge the weight of someone without knowing their height or even seeing them in person?

I spent 8 years in the U.S. Navy as a Physical Fitness Coordinator, and I'd guess her weight at around 200.

But then again..................you who have no experience in that field know better than those who have been there. I bow to your expertise.

How many people have you gotten in shape? Me? I did it for an entire command and continued to do it for every command afterwards (which was 3).

I was trained, were you?

coaster24n-4-web.jpg

Interestingly enough, I've ridden rollercoasters with people who were 200 lbs or more.

None of them ever fell out, even when we went to Busch Gardens and rode the Loch Ness Monster.

The person on the line fucked up and didn't click the harness down enough. Hold the park and the attendant culpable for her death.

I agree. The point is, she asked the attendent to check her harness and he refused. That makes the operator liable.

Of course, my guess, this park probably hired a 20 year old slacker for like $8.00 an hour.

coaster24n-4-web.jpg

The obvious problem is her boobs are too big for the restraint harness to fit over

There needs to be a warning about big breasted women riding roller coasters

Really? You can judge the weight of someone without knowing their height or even seeing them in person?

I spent 8 years in the U.S. Navy as a Physical Fitness Coordinator, and I'd guess her weight at around 200.

But then again..................you who have no experience in that field know better than those who have been there. I bow to your expertise.

How many people have you gotten in shape? Me? I did it for an entire command and continued to do it for every command afterwards (which was 3).

I was trained, were you?

I didn't judge her weight, two other people did: one a martial arts and fitness trainer, one a RN. Neither estimated her under 325lbs. (350 and 330, respectively.) She's a whale.

I was trained, were you?

I didn't judge her weight, two other people did: one a martial arts and fitness trainer, one a RN. Neither estimated her under 325lbs. (350 and 330, respectively.) She's a whale.
Which is irrelevant to her being allowed on that ride

Every time that I have gotten into a ride, the ride operator always checks to make sure that I'm locked in there the way that I should be along with everyone else of course.

God bless you and the woman's family always!!!

Holly

Well, lucky-ducky for you! This woman even expressed concern that she wasn't locked in well enough, and her concerns were brushed aside by the ride operator.

I was trained, were you?

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? They let her on the ride. They didn't fasten her in securely. That's what matters.

Last edited:

coaster24n-4-web.jpg

Yes, and luckily for the family they have a witness who was sitting just behind her who heard her concerns brushed off. I think they're going to come into some significant money.

As painful as it is, grossly and morbidly obese people should be prohibited from these rides. Every time there is an accident like this and someone is ejected they are hugely fat. The woman in this incident looks in the 350 to 400 pound range. Yes it is discrimination. It's necessary discrimination. Many rides have a height requirement. If you are not as tall as this sign you may not ride. They need another saying if you are wider than this board you may not ride.

The latches on the lap bars cannot descend far enough to latch and tonnage under stress pressing on the lap bar causes it to fail.

Well, the fact that they let people on rides when it's not safe makes them culpable. Six Flags is responsible no matter how you look at this situation.

Six Flags Visitor Thrown From Roller Coaster And Killed ? Consumerist

Regulations?

Texasss don't need no regulations.

I wonder if they'll expect the fed govt (taxpayers)to fix this mess too.

Its called life shitforbrains. Shit happens......only feminist bulldog k00ks get hysterical over every tragedy that ever happens. Some fat woman insisted on riding a coaster and the bar couldn't close because she couldn't put the fork down........so her ass fell out. So what? We add mega=regulations and now it costs $100 to get in the park?

fUcK tHaT

I remember some years back here in the northeast, a family was wiped out on I95 by a semi that plowed into the back of them while they were parked on the shoulder. Some lunatics pressed their far left representatives to push for legislation to widen the shoulder......at a cost to the taxpayers of what would have been tens of millions of dollars. Of course, the legislation died......reasonable people said, "Are you fucking kidding me???!!"

Only complete k00ks like LuddyNuts would jump on that kind of k00k bandwagon.:funnyface::lmao::funnyface:

fringe is gay

People on the far left NEVER, EVER factor "costs" into their thinking!!! Its fcukking fascinating!!

Where does it say she INSISTED on riding? She even had concerns that she wasn't latched in well enough and was told she was fine. If she was breaking some regulation by riding it was THEIR responsibility not to let her ride.

When "shit happens" and it'd due to someone's negligence...well, a little vengeance is in order. I want this family to be awarded a whole lot of money for my sake and the sake of those I love. So that negligence will not be tolerated when people's lives are at stake.

Last edited:

200 lbs.? Aren't there an awful lot of people 200 lbs. or more? If 200 is the cutoff weight the lines are gonna get a lot shorter waiting to ride those things.

Ohhh well, if you think there should be an actual LAW prohibiting fat people from trying to shoehorn themselves into these rides, sure there should be. Now try to pass one.

There are two incontrovertible facts. Amusement parks like Six Flags, Disneyland, Magic Mountain ALL have ticket prices that reflect "adults" and "children" usually under 12. The larger rides have poles a stand and a sign that say "if you are not as tall as this sign, you may not ride". This might have some impact on midgets and dwarves but it hasn't really come up.

You're missing the point. If someone's weight makes it unsafe for that person or others, then discriminating against them is not illegal. If I turn down a person applying for a job as a bus driver because he is blind, am I discriminating against him? Yes. Is it illegal? No.

If you think that overweight people should not have a cause of action to sue amusement parks for denying them a seat on a ride they are too fat to ride, I fully agree with you. We just don't have that today. What we have are people who have a right to complain for discrimination because an operator humiliated them in public.

Woman Kicked Off Coaster Because She Is Too Fat | FOX2now.com

Kenlie Tiggeman, Southwest's 'Too Fat To Fly' Passenger, Sues Airline (VIDEO)

Some ride operator, usually a kid without the best judgment in the world, is supposed to know when someone is of "unique" body proportions? Or, are they just using it as an excuse to be hurtful? Whatever it is, fat riders are a deadly problem for these amusement parks and someone will have to figure it out.

I saw this comment attached to the first article you posted. This is a good idea:

The Batman ride at Six Flags in St. Louis has a seat that you can sit in to make sure you will fit before you get in line. All rides such as this should have a seat with the lap belt so you can make sure that you will be able to ride and not be embarassed once you get to the ride itself. Posting a weight restriction would certainly help, but it may not solve this issue because everyone is proportioned differently.

As for the woman getting kicked off the ride because she was too fat, that isn't how it sounded to me. They simply could NOT get her secured because of her girth. They tried! And as for her being embarrassed, she sure wasn't embarrassed to appear on camera on the television news. I would be if I were her. Actually, I'd be embarrassed to leave my house if I let myself get that fat.

Forum List

Back