Slain prosecutor carried a gun

Wait a minute! He had a gun? I thought you were not supposed to ge shot if you had a gun?

As the thread that someone posted said, Citizens carrying guns are more effective than law enforcement....unless they can't pull their first!

I see us slowly returning to the old west. "My gun is bigger than your gun!"

Wait a minute! He had a gun? I thought you were not supposed to ge shot if you had a gun?

As the thread that someone posted said, Citizens carrying guns are more effective than law enforcement....unless they can't pull their first!

hell yeah!

But did he have a quick draw holster? Takes more than just carrying a gun to be safe from these monstors. It takes a good holster, it takes hours of quick-draw practice, and endless hours of target shooting. It also takes the mental courage to know that you might kill an innocent party, but the "I was in fear of my life," defense might take care of that.

Cops get killed all the time, hosebag, even where they have strict gun control laws in places like Chicago, New York and Washington DC

You know...we've had presidents who were surrounded by the most effective body guard details in history FAIL to prevent them being shot and killed.

While I have no doubt that guns might be effective in protecting one from a badly done home invasion?

I am extremely dubious that anybody can protect themselves from a determined assassin.

And I am completely unimpressed by those of us who think our civilian gun owership is preventing the our government from turning into a police state.

Here is a thought, let's take away the Law Abiding Citizens gun....hell yes then he'll be safer...

SO WHAT HE CARRIED A GUN?

like someone said, so do police officers

but what would the commie news network be without some AGENDA

You know...we've had presidents who were surrounded by the most effective body guard details in history FAIL to prevent them being shot and killed.

While I have no doubt that guns might be effective in protecting one from a badly done home invasion?

I am extremely dubious that anybody can protect themselves from a determined assassin.

And I am completely unimpressed by those of us who think our civilian gun owership is preventing the our government from turning into a police state.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

If he feared for his life that much, it seems he would have been given more security. But I cannot fault him for carrying a gun. But as it was said, if an assassin is determine enough, he will kill.

If someone is premeditating your demise, then you may be screwed. If someone breaks in to your house, your life may be in danger BUT the burglar's life may be in grave danger if you know how to use a gun. I don't see the relevance of this story.

In your haste to attempt to disparage gun owners, you completely missed the fact that the law abiding victims gun, which he apparently carried all day every day, never hurt a single soul.

Citizens carrying firearms ARE more effective than law enforcement.

Did law enforcement save this guy?

Would he have had better odds, had he had the opportunity, reaching for his gun or reaching for the phone to call police?

If he feared for his life that much, it seems he would have been given more security. But I cannot fault him for carrying a gun. But as it was said, if an assassin is determine enough, he will kill.

Yep they will just like the killer at Newton if they are determined enough they will find a way.

I posted my experience on this exact topic just last month...

Here is the truth of the matter that was demonstrated to me quite accidentally and unexpectedly.

I was picking up a load at a small steel mill after hours.

Apparently, one of the shipping guys enjoys playing a particular trick on his companions...he conceals himself and when he hears his friends footsteps, he jumps out from his hiding place screaming like a madman.

To make a long story short, my footsteps sound conspicuously like most others, and this dude jumps out at me screaming like a maniac...and I didn't have the time or presence of mind to do a damn thing.

We got a good laugh out of the encounter, but on further reflection, I taught me a valuable lesson.

We aren't conditioned to respond immediately to an unexpected threat.

So a firearm, or any other weapon (I was carrying a knife at the time) is nearly useless in THIS situation.

But, when there is a barrier between you and your attacker, like a door or a car, it gives you time to think about the nature of the threat and your response to it.

Finally, and most importantly, a firearm gives you the ability to defend someone else.

We keep handguns accessible to ourselves, but inaccessible to children, visitors and intruders by using a mechanical push button pistol safe like this...V-Line Gun Safes - 279-S Compact Security Case with Pushbutton Lock

Personally, killing anyone is near the top of things I never want to do...but even higher on that list is to be killed, or have a loved one killed.

If you are being attacked or held at gunpoint is the offender going to let you take out your phone, call 911 & report him????. You have a way better chance of distracting them while you draw your gun & shoot them.

He should have had a bigger gun.

url

Forum List

Back