Small Town Rural America Has Been Screwed

Jobs have been leaving since the 70's. Long before any "global warming policies" and Reagan cut taxes and the jobs still left.
Why are jobs leaving?

Greed
why not tell the whole reason???

they moved the jobs because the government made it to expensive to have them here,,

Wrong. You say stopping a factory from emitting their waste into the rivers is expensive. I say it is expensive to not stop it.
youre only focusing on one aspect when its a many things that contribute,,

I focused on an aspect. You made vague generalizations.

Consumer greed?
Greed is good. It’s the bedrock of capitalism.

Blaming consumers for the actions of corporations is such a pathetic sell out.

Maybe someday someone will actually practice capitalism and then we could find out.
I've been doing it for 30 yrs,,

You are irrelevant. Selling ice tea on the sidewalk really doesn't prove anything.
I dont feel irrelevant in my life,,,

Jobs have been leaving since the 70's. Long before any "global warming policies" and Reagan cut taxes and the jobs still left.
Why are jobs leaving?

Greed
why not tell the whole reason???

they moved the jobs because the government made it to expensive to have them here,,

Wrong. You say stopping a factory from emitting their waste into the rivers is expensive. I say it is expensive to not stop it.
youre only focusing on one aspect when its a many things that contribute,,

I focused on an aspect. You made vague generalizations.
if you say so,, NOT!!!

Consumer greed?
Greed is good. It’s the bedrock of capitalism.

Blaming consumers for the actions of corporations is such a pathetic sell out.

Demand creates supply...what came first, the chicken or the egg?
Think logically once.
That’s the point of the chicken and the egg. It’s not possible to tell which causes which.

Same with supply and demand.

Greed is how capitalism works. Corporations are greedy. Consumers are greedy.

Yet you give the elites a pass while laying blame at the common people. Now that’s conditioning.

Capitalism is making it worse
What capitalism? You type all of this hogwash and dont even understand your own premise.
You bitter fool.
Do you not know what capitalism is?
Of course. The OP, sadly, does not.
More irony?

Slow down! I'm running out of memes, dude.
You have already shown you have no fucking idea what that means, goob smooch.

I've been on a road trip that I've wanted to do for a very long time.

I drove east to Illinois then am driving southwest to the Pacific Ocean on what's left of Route 66.

That road, or what's left of it, goes through small town rural America.

I've gone through ghost town after ghost town. The towns that aren't abandoned are so deeply depressed it's painful and shameful to see.

Small town rural America has been totally screwed and abandoned by both our government and our citizens.

I understand now why so many republicans are so angry. I don't understand why they can't see why they have been screwed so badly and by whom.

Most of the states and all of the towns are controlled by republicans. People keep voting for them because of social issues like gay marriage and because they don't make much money and wrongly seem to believe that tax cuts are the answer to their financial problems.

Tax cuts have only totally screwed small town rural America. Their roads are so bad. I mean so bad that there were times the rough road and wind has my car literally bouncing down the road. When was the last time their roads were paved? The poverty is just terrible.

This is the result of keeping wages low, no regulation on business and trillions in tax cuts for the rich and big business.

Capitalism is making it worse because there's no money to be made in those areas so they are abandoned by business which results in more depressed economic conditions.

Raising wages will help these people a lot. Not just by increasing their own pay but by increased business from others being paid more. No little tax cut that is temporary will be a solution to such poverty. Higher wages will.

Better education will help a lot. So people don't have to take low wage jobs that require public assistance to be able to survive.

Small town rural America needs to stop electing politicians who don't give a damn about them and won't invest in the people and the areas they live in.

I was in one place that the water coming out of the faucet was a light brown and cloudy. I didn't wash my hands, I used hand sanitizer instead.

I have gone through countless towns that are totally abandoned. I've gone through farming areas that there aren't houses on the land. Just farming. People don't live in those areas anymore so the towns are turning into ghost towns.

The air in Oklahoma and Texas was so polluted it has caused a sinus infection. And people live in those areas. I can only imagine the health problems of the people in those areas but they don't have any hospital or medical facilities to go to. They have to travel hundreds of miles to get medical help.

Younger people who weren't alive before Reagan think this is normal.

It's not.

America wasn't like this before the conservatives convinced Americans that taxes, regulations, worker protections, a livable wage and investing in our nation was a horrible thing.

I totally understand now why so many in small town rural America voted for trump. He was the first republican who actually vocalized the problems the Republican Party was creating.

Only he either went about fixing the problem wrong or just didn't do anything. Which is what he mostly did. Nothing. In fact, things got worse for small town rural America.

I don't know what the solution is to help these people see that voting for republicans got them in this mess and won't get them out of it.

But I finally saw for myself the reasons why republicans voted for trump.

Lol!!

Explain please.

Also, Everyone is greedy.

I disagree that the idea that one should be able to pay their bills in exchange for a 40 hour work week makes one greedy.
I know the answer....You Lefties should invite 20-40 million illiterate thirdworlders to flood our employment, education, healthcare and welfare systems....that’ll make everything better...ain’t that right colfax_m ?

Explain please.

Also, Everyone is greedy.

I disagree that the idea that one should be able to pay their bills in exchange for a 40 hour work week makes one greedy.
I know the answer....You Lefties should invite 20-40 million illiterate thirdworlders to flood our employment, education, healthcare and welfare systems....that’ll make everything better...ain’t that right colfax_m ?

It's the greedy business that are inviting them but you know that.

I've been on a road trip that I've wanted to do for a very long time.

I drove east to Illinois then am driving southwest to the Pacific Ocean on what's left of Route 66.

That road, or what's left of it, goes through small town rural America.

I've gone through ghost town after ghost town. The towns that aren't abandoned are so deeply depressed it's painful and shameful to see.

Small town rural America has been totally screwed and abandoned by both our government and our citizens.

I understand now why so many republicans are so angry. I don't understand why they can't see why they have been screwed so badly and by whom.

Most of the states and all of the towns are controlled by republicans. People keep voting for them because of social issues like gay marriage and because they don't make much money and wrongly seem to believe that tax cuts are the answer to their financial problems.

Tax cuts have only totally screwed small town rural America. Their roads are so bad. I mean so bad that there were times the rough road and wind has my car literally bouncing down the road. When was the last time their roads were paved? The poverty is just terrible.

This is the result of keeping wages low, no regulation on business and trillions in tax cuts for the rich and big business.

Capitalism is making it worse because there's no money to be made in those areas so they are abandoned by business which results in more depressed economic conditions.

Raising wages will help these people a lot. Not just by increasing their own pay but by increased business from others being paid more. No little tax cut that is temporary will be a solution to such poverty. Higher wages will.

Better education will help a lot. So people don't have to take low wage jobs that require public assistance to be able to survive.

Small town rural America needs to stop electing politicians who don't give a damn about them and won't invest in the people and the areas they live in.

I was in one place that the water coming out of the faucet was a light brown and cloudy. I didn't wash my hands, I used hand sanitizer instead.

I have gone through countless towns that are totally abandoned. I've gone through farming areas that there aren't houses on the land. Just farming. People don't live in those areas anymore so the towns are turning into ghost towns.

The air in Oklahoma and Texas was so polluted it has caused a sinus infection. And people live in those areas. I can only imagine the health problems of the people in those areas but they don't have any hospital or medical facilities to go to. They have to travel hundreds of miles to get medical help.

Younger people who weren't alive before Reagan think this is normal.

It's not.

America wasn't like this before the conservatives convinced Americans that taxes, regulations, worker protections, a livable wage and investing in our nation was a horrible thing.

I totally understand now why so many in small town rural America voted for trump. He was the first republican who actually vocalized the problems the Republican Party was creating.

Only he either went about fixing the problem wrong or just didn't do anything. Which is what he mostly did. Nothing. In fact, things got worse for small town rural America.

I don't know what the solution is to help these people see that voting for republicans got them in this mess and won't get them out of it.

But I finally saw for myself the reasons why republicans voted for trump.

Small town America was hit by mechanization.

Most small towns supported agriculture.

Labor in agriculture has dried up.

Why are you such a drama queen ?

The government made it possible for corporations to do this. Seems like Bill Clinton is still biting us in the ass,
Yes, the government made the economy more capitalist and its biting some people in the ass.

Capitalism is making it worse
What capitalism? You type all of this hogwash and dont even understand your own premise.
You bitter fool.

Capitalism prevents new business and development in rural areas.

There is no money there so business doesn't go there.

They don't have high speed internet because there's no money to be made so big business like Comcast doesn't build the infrastructure for high speed internet or even basic cable.

Big business like AT&T, Verizon, Costco and so many others aren't in rural areas because there's no money to be made there.

So the areas don't attract new people who spend money there so the areas get more depressed.

You don't understand what capitalism is.

I do.

In fact, my college education and degree is in accounting/finance. I had to take economic classes all through college.

You don't understand that capitalism needs both regulation and the free flow of capital throughout the whole economy to work properly.

Unregulated or not properly regulated capitalism only results in monopolies which destroys competition, innovation and economies.

Keep it up, keep believing the lies you're being fed.

The problem will only get worse.

When I was in the large cities in those states they had great roads. I didn't see satellite dishes on all of the houses. There were nice areas where I wasn't afraid to be in unlike the small rural towns.

All the money is going to the cities which has resulted in leaving the rural small towns broke, depressed and turning into ghost towns.

It's the left that loves the big cities...they want to be more like Europe.

Another case where I provide an example and you reply back with..................nothing.
OK. How about not letting your bills get ahead of your pay?!? It's common sense really.

People do not have a lot of choices there.

U.S. Property Taxes Jump Most in Four Years With Sun Belt Catching Up

Global Food Costs Keep Climbing in Threat to Consumer Wallets

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ich-are-plummeting-rents-poor-are-rising-why/

Forum List

Back