Small, well-built Chinese EV called the Seagull poses a big threat to the US auto industry...while USA by 2034 will need 71,026,000,000,000 kWh!

You know you are truly stupid! Prove to me that the math was wrong!
First of all... let's do a test on you...
Which of these simple multiplication are math errors?
17 X 4,180,000,000,000 = 71,060,000,000,000
or
17 X 4,180,000,000,000 = 61,060,000,000,000

What is the error in that?

Excellent! Your stupidity, for once, was reading, not math.
How long did it take me to correct your idiocy this time?

DURR

A 10KW charger it will deliver 1000V*10A continuous (as an example to make the math easier).
One EV car with a 100KW battery would take 10 hours to full charge. It this right?

If the US added 10million new 100KW EV cars, 10 million 10KW chargers requires 100 Billion Watts. Is this right?

Therefore additional 100 Billion Watts (peak capacity) will be required from the power company in total? For 10 million new EV right away.

One would have to ASSume they all plug in the same time for 10 hours full charge (that would be unlikely but possible). So you build in capacity for worst case.

So these above pictures do NOT show any generating capability! Where does the electricity come from?

Chargers...CHARGE.

They do not GENERATE.

Electricity for CHARGErs comes from the same place all other household electricity comes from.

When are you going to stop being a fucking moron?

A 10KW charger it will deliver 1000V*10A continuous (as an example to make the math easier).
One EV car with a 100KW battery would take 10 hours to full charge. It this right?

If the US added 10million new 100KW EV cars, 10 million 10KW chargers requires 100 Billion Watts. Is this right?

Therefore additional 100 Billion Watts (peak capacity) will be required from the power company in total? For 10 million new EV right away.

One would have to ASSume they all plug in the same time for 10 hours full charge (that would be unlikely but possible). So you build in capacity for worst case.

Most EV’s are 75kW, and get charged from ~20-30% to 80-90% because batteries degrade faster outside of those charge states. So we are talking about 40-50kW, 5 hours usually.

Even more importantly, EVs don’t usually get charged in peak hours, but at night when they are not in use.

States like New York have special off hour electricity discounts for EVs to make sure they don’t contribute much to peak load.

As far as grid system being designed to handle ALL possible appliances being on simultaneously… that’s of course PURE FANTASY. Everyone turning on everything they have will blackout most, if not all cities.

Last edited:
How well is that going to work when we're using all wind and solar?
The lib contingency plan for not enough electricity for all the EVs liberals want government to buy for them is trains, bicycles, and shoe leather

That would make the suburbs less tenable, but cramming everyone into tiny apartments in downtown highrise’s is the lib solution for that

How well is that going to work when we're using all wind and solar?

I don’t know who is seriously proposing that, but if it doesn’t work then we simply won’t be using “all wind and solar”.

My own solar panels are connected to a grid that my system feeds during the day and draws from at night at 1:1 exchange.

Some others use household energy storage batteries, but it’s expensive.

~~~~~~
Unless Democrat Neo-Marxist Greenies give up their crusade against Fossil fuels, Natural gas and nuclear power they will never reach the needs of electric generation using solar and wind energy.
Nor will they change the need for gas/diesel engines to transport goods.
Needless to say that our present electrical grid nationwide cannot handle the power need for the future.
Meanwhile we sit on our hands.

Unless neanderthals on the right are prepared to give up fossil fuels, your country will be econonomically destroyed by climate change. You're now spending $200 billion per year on climate change disasters, and you can't get insurance in Florida.

Keep denying reality. That's working so well for you.

Unless neanderthals on the right are prepared to give up fossil fuels, your country will be econonomically destroyed by climate change. You're now spending $200 billion per year on climate change disasters, and you can't get insurance in Florida.

Keep denying reality. That's working so well for you.

Unless neanderthals on the right are prepared to give up fossil fuels, your country will be econonomically destroyed by climate change.

Are you using wind and solar to heat your home during winter?
Tell us your secret.

Unless neanderthals on the right are prepared to give up fossil fuels, your country will be econonomically destroyed by climate change.

Tell us your secret.

You keep saying that...do you seriously think that wind and solar are the only energy sources that are not based on burning fossils?

GlobalElecGenbySource.png

Wow, it looks like a BLOODBATH to me.

We need to build nuclear reactors.
It cost per nuclear power plant $7,500,000,000
https://www.synapse-energy.com/site....Nuclear-Plant-Construction-Costs.A0022_0.pdf

To replace fossil fuel electricity with Nuclear power plants:
4,178,000,000,000 Total kWh total generated in 2023, of electricity were generated at utility-scale electricity generation facilities in the United States.
Did you know that 19% of America’s electricity comes from nuclear power or 793,820,000,000 kWh or 8,628,478,261kWh
per nuclear plant
3,300,620,000,000kWh or 79% of the nation’s energy comes from fossil fuels, U.S. Renewable Energy Factsheet
So replacing 3,300,620,000,000kWh from fossil fuels with nuclear power plant that generates 8,628,478,261kWh will require 382 new nuclear power plants to replace fossil fuels at cost $7.5 billion each or $2,868,947,368,421 !
Where will that $2.9 trillion come from? US consumers directly and indirectly! Just for construction costs.
Each nuclear power plant employs 500 to 800 workers.https://www.nei.org/advantages/jobs#
Cost per year per worker: about $75,000 or additional costs for 306,021 additionalemployees or $22.6 Billion a year.
Again so where will the $2.9 trillion construction and 306,021 new nuclear power plant workers at $22.6 billion/ year?

The lib contingency plan for not enough electricity for all the EVs liberals want government to buy for them is trains, bicycles, and shoe leather

That would make the suburbs less tenable, but cramming everyone into tiny apartments in downtown highrise’s is the lib solution for that

Tell us your secret.

Yes, I am. Our province went green 20 years ago, and we now have. I can walk down to the end of my street and send back a picture of the windmills I can see along the river.

The whole Escarpment is dotted with them. And we still have our huge hydro electric generating station at Niagara Falls.

Yes, I am. Our province went green 20 years ago, and we now have. I can walk down to the end of my street and send back a picture of the windmills I can see along the river.

The whole Escarpment is dotted with them. And we still have our huge hydro electric generating station at Niagara Falls.

1715802297450.png

9%?
I thought you were serious?
Thanks for the laugh.

View attachment 947294

9%?
Thanks for the laugh.

Neither hydro nor nuclear are fossil fuels. Both are classed as “clean energy”. And we had them before solar or wind.

There are 2 plants at Niagara Falls, one built in 1901 and the second, in 1950.
View attachment 947294

9%?
Thanks for the laugh.

94% from GREEN ENERGY SOURCES. We stopped using coal fired plants in the 1990's.

I didn't say it was all from wind or solar, I said it was all green. You can't move the goal posts now, A$$hat.

Neither hydro nor nuclear are fossil fuels. Both are classed as “clean energy”. And we had them before solar or wind.

94% from GREEN ENERGY SOURCES. We stopped using coal fired plants in the 1990's.

I didn't say it was all from wind or solar, I said it was all green. You can't move the goal posts now, A$$hat.

Maybe you should tell the government!
Three fossil fuels... 60.2% of all electricity fossil fuels!!!

typesofelectricplants.png

Neither hydro nor nuclear are fossil fuels.

America should stop using natural gas to heat our homes in winter and use hydro and nuclear?

Well remember the issue is NOT the cost of the EV folks!
It is this FACT!

Is America running out of electrical power?​

The nation's power grid appears to be reaching critical levels due to emerging technologies
It has been estimated that more than 300 million people in the U.S. and Canada could face power shortages
There have also been warnings from tech moguls such as Elon Musk, who has stated that the United States is primed to run out of electricity and transformers for artificial intelligence in 2025.
"demand for industrial power is surging to record highs, with the projection of electricity use for the next decade (2034)...now 17 times what it was only recently," Evan Halper said for The Washington Post. Northern Virginia "needs the equivalent of several large nuclear power plants to serve all [its] new data centers," Halper said, while Texas faces a similar problem.
So folks here is what the idiot Biden "GUARANTEES while experts say electricity usage which is 4,178,000,000,000 kWh in 2023...
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA).
Guaranteeing 2,580,300,000,000 kWh from fossil fuel electric plants will HAVE to BE REPLACED and how?
This dumb ass promises that 50% of cars/light vehicles (what about semis-trucks!) be EV by 2030 adding another Trillion kW !
https://www.energy.gov/sites/default/files/2022-06/USEER 2022 Fact Sheet.pdf
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019,

So now is there more DEMAND from EVs, Cryptomining, AI, etc... of 17 times MORE than now???
71,026,000,000,000 kWh by 2034!!!

Chinese EVs suck and are piling up unsold around the world.

0dc0e93567d8d028bba72b9e3867223a.jpg

Unsold Chinese EVs Are Piling Up At Ports

Last edited:

Forum List

Back