Smashing the coronavirus. Part 2.

quarantine

Gold Member
Apr 19, 2020
It is a travesty of science that there isn't already a coronavirus vaccine. It seems as though scientists are trying to get all fancy about a vaccine with all their talk of putting part of a coronavirus DNA into a cold virus. Back in 1885, Louis Pasteur and Emile Roux created a rabies vaccine. Which was a long time before anybody knew anything about DNA. Though if they knew anything about it at all, it was only theory. And rabies is so deadly that I have only heard of one person who ever survived it. And that was with the best medical treatment we could throw at the person. Even then, the person came out of it far from unscathed.

It is a travesty of science that there isn't already a coronavirus vaccine. It seems as though scientists are trying to get all fancy about a vaccine with all their talk of putting part of a coronavirus DNA into a cold virus. Back in 1885, Louis Pasteur and Emile Roux created a rabies vaccine. Which was a long time before anybody knew anything about DNA. Though if they knew anything about it at all, it was only theory. And rabies is so deadly that I have only heard of one person who ever survived it. And that was with the best medical treatment we could throw at the person. Even then, the person came out of it far from unscathed.
so stay hidden in your closet until its over,,,

There has never been a successful coronavirus vaccine made before. SARS happened 18 years ago and still no vaccine. MERS as well. So don’t hold your breath for a Wuhan virus vaccine, I doubt it will happen. Hopefully I am wrong, but it’s silly to bank on a vaccine.

YOU'RE AN IDIOT. I've spoken to doctor friends and the average time to create a vaccine is 18 months. At that, they are pushing hard.

It usually takes decades to create a vaccine. Getting one in a years or so will be a scientific miracle.

Also, there are something like 300 different vaccines in various stages of development. The one you describe is only one of them.

• Banned
There has never been a successful coronavirus vaccine made before. SARS happened 18 years ago and still no vaccine. MERS as well. So don’t hold your breath for a Wuhan virus vaccine, I doubt it will happen. Hopefully I am wrong, but it’s silly to bank on a vaccine.

Maybe they should do a seance and contact the spirit of Louis Pasteur. Then ask his advice.

• Banned
YOU'RE AN IDIOT. I've spoken to doctor friends and the average time to create a vaccine is 18 months. At that, they are pushing hard.

All they have to do is exactly what Louis Pasteur did over 100 years ago with the rabies vaccine. Which was probably to grow it, kill it and inject it into people. Maybe it won't work very well. Maybe you would have to get a shot every month. Who knows. But it is better to have something until something better comes along. Also, what in the hell am I doing even talking to you. Have your doctor friends come here so I can tear them a new asshole.

• Banned
It usually takes decades to create a vaccine. Getting one in a years or so will be a scientific miracle.

Also, there are something like 300 different vaccines in various stages of development. The one you describe is only one of them.

There is only one stage that is needed. Whatever stage Pasteur and Roux used over 100 years ago to make a rabies vaccine. Then, they can take their sweet ass time coming up with something that works better.

There is only one stage that is needed. Whatever stage Pasteur and Roux used over 100 years ago to make a rabies vaccine. Then, they can take their sweet ass time coming up with something that works better.
They worked on that for years and years.

All they have to do is exactly what Louis Pasteur did over 100 years ago with the rabies vaccine. Which was probably to grow it, kill it and inject it into people. Maybe it won't work very well. Maybe you would have to get a shot every month. Who knows. But it is better to have something until something better comes along. Also, what in the hell am I doing even talking to you. Have your doctor friends come here so I can tear them a new asshole.
Are you a doctor? An immunologist? A bio-chemist? Looks like you already have 2 or 3 too many assholes to deal with, all your own. educated people haven't time to argue with pinheads like you. Why don't you go out there and create your own vaccine for us and show them how it's done. :laughing0301:

And they succeeded. So now that we know how it was done, all we have to do for the time being is do the same.

Are you a doctor? An immunologist? A bio-chemist? Looks like you already have 2 or 3 too many assholes to deal with, all your own. educated people haven't time to argue with pinheads like you. Why don't you go out there and create your own vaccine for us and show them how it's done. :laughing0301:

Piss off. I want to be told by somebody with knowledge why we can't for the time being do what worked for Pasteur and Roux and the rabies virus. A virus that is far more deadly than the coronavirus ever hoped of being.

And they succeeded. So now that we know how it was done, all we have to do for the time being is do the same.
Well sure, if we need discover the same rabies vaccine again.

Forum List

Back