Smoking banned in private homes.

And truthfully, you shouldn't be able to BBQ if these laws are consistent. I'd imagine BBQ fumes were more harmful overall than second hand cigarette smoke.

And seriously, dogs. Dogs have been known to kill.

You'd imagine, I hate to rain on your parade but to get something banned because it's harmful one has to prove it is harmful.

Oh and not all dogs kill, the ones that do get put to sleep.

And truthfully, you shouldn't be able to BBQ if these laws are consistent. I'd imagine BBQ fumes were more harmful overall than second hand cigarette smoke.

You'd imagine, I hate to rain on your parade but to get something banned because it's harmful one has to prove it is harmful.

Has secondary smoke been proved to be harmful?

It depends.

of course it depends. an owners insurance will/can go down because of risks and there is also a health issue.

smoker's rights is a red herring
Not seeing how that is relevant. An apartment building owner can choose to pay the extra premium. It would be more complicated in a condo owner's case...but I'd hate to see laws that make no man's home his castle.

And I still fail to see how second hand smoke can travel through walls. Methinks the man in the story is full of shit and a self-righteous teetotaller type.

the smoke travels through the duct work some of it is not isolated from other untis and through the outlets into the wall and ceiling cavities.....

I have no idea. I haven't seen any of the research for or against.

Although assuming it has the ban on smoking in bars is still idiotic in my opinion.

I have no idea. I haven't seen any of the research for or against.

Although assuming it has the ban on smoking in bars is still idiotic in my opinion.

you ever tended bar in a smoking bar......

of course it depends. an owners insurance will/can go down because of risks and there is also a health issue.

smoker's rights is a red herring
Not seeing how that is relevant. An apartment building owner can choose to pay the extra premium. It would be more complicated in a condo owner's case...but I'd hate to see laws that make no man's home his castle.

And I still fail to see how second hand smoke can travel through walls. Methinks the man in the story is full of shit and a self-righteous teetotaller type.

the smoke travels through the duct work some of it is not isolated from other untis and through the outlets into the wall and ceiling cavities.....
When I lived in a townhouse the duct work was only recycling what was happening in my space and no one esle's.

Forum List

Back