Smoking banned in private homes.

It's amazing how anti-smoking zealots always seem to be in positions where the smoke can't be avoided. How hard is it really to avoid smoke today?

me too....quit years ago.....skin looks younger cough less ....breathe better......can't imagine a non-smoking bartender would be affected similar to a smoker.....

Agree, but whether it causes long term harm or is just short term unpleasant is the question, for me anyway.

Would death from an asthma attack qualify as long term harm?

Cigarette smoke is linked to cancer, emphysema, heart disease, allergies, etc. The fact that most people are so offended by it to the point of wanting laws passed so they won't have to put up with it anymore ought to show that it's a serious problem.

I beginning to think you people who keep dancing around the fact that just about every medical association in the world has condemned cigarette smoke as a major health hazard must have been taking lessons from Holocaust deniers on how to twist things around so you can deny second hand smoke causes harm.

You all whine and cry about your "right" to poison the air everyone breathes. You complain that non smokers are being mean to you. Whhaaaaa! You all sound like some people on this board that whine that white men are being persecuted in this country.

me too....quit years ago.....skin looks younger cough less ....breathe better......can't imagine a non-smoking bartender would be affected similar to a smoker.....

Agree, but whether it causes long term harm or is just short term unpleasant is the question, for me anyway.

Cigarette smoke is linked to cancer, emphysema, heart disease, allergies, etc. The fact that most people are so offended by it to the point of wanting laws passed so they won't have to put up with it anymore ought to show that it's a serious problem.

I beginning to think you people who keep dancing around the fact that just about every medical association in the world has condemned cigarette smoke as a major health hazard must have been taking lessons from Holocaust deniers on how to twist things around so you can deny second hand smoke causes harm.

You all whine and cry about your "right" to poison the air everyone breathes. You complain that non smokers are being mean to you. Whhaaaaa! You all sound like some people on this board that whine that white men are being persecuted in this country.

you left out several groups that you hate--getting tired ? :lol:

and yet the govt sees fit to tax it rather than making it illegal.

go figure...

if you drive a car or burn wood in your fireplace you are doing the same thing ........

It's amazing how anti-smoking zealots always seem to be in positions where the smoke can't be avoided. How hard is it really to avoid smoke today?

Depends on where you live, if your neighbors smoke, if you live in a densely populated area.
Why should anyone have to avoid cigarette smoke in a public place? It's up to the smoker to take his/her smoke somewhere that it won't affect other people.

Anguille, should I be able to smoke in my condo? It's funny how the topic continues to be shifted toward smoking in public places. I'm a smoker, and even I don't think that I should be able to force others to breathe smoke. But, the law in the OP, if in effect in my town, would make it illegal for me to smoke in my own home. At that point it's not a public health issue.

Depends on where you live, if your neighbors smoke, if you live in a densely populated area.
Why should anyone have to avoid cigarette smoke in a public place? It's up to the smoker to take his/her smoke somewhere that it won't affect other people.

umm, because it's public? hello!?

if you drive a car or burn wood in your fireplace you are doing the same thing ........

The difference between those two activities and smoking is that they fulfill genuine needs, heat and transportation.
They are also regulated by laws just as cigarette smoking is.

Cigarette smoking provides no benefit, it's just a vice. And smokers have alternatives, chewing tobacco and nicotine patches which keep them supplied with their drug without drugging everyone nearby them.

When dpo you crucify the insurance companies for trying to kill you with second hand smoke, Ang? They don't cover a single dime of the drug cots for quitting...

most everything here is a legal infraction or misdemeanor, punishable by a hefty fine. lol

fukin' cops in LB, stop people on bicycles and issue traffic tickets.

I have a photo or two to share. my buildingw as evacuated for a bomb scare.

LB's finest harassed me for taking photos.

You need to move south. LB is nasty. Newport or Laguna is much nicer. And if you surf Capistrano Beach is good even further south. LB is just a low rent Venice Beach or Santa Monica. It wants to be hip and trendy but... isn't. Kinda like you Devy. :tongue:
:lol:

Anguille, should I be able to smoke in my condo? It's funny how the topic continues to be shifted toward smoking in public places. I'm a smoker, and even I don't think that I should be able to force others to breathe smoke. But, the law in the OP, if in effect in my town, would make it illegal for me to smoke in my own home. At that point it's not a public health issue.
I already answered your question way back in the thread. Smokers should be able to smoke in their own homes so long as the other people in the home who don't want to breathe the smoke or any children present are not exposed to it. If you rent, it depends on the agreement you have with your landlord. If it's forbidden in the lease you have to honor the aggreement you made.

I don't recall the specifics of the law but basically if you are able to smoke without any of your smoke getting into the other condos, the law should not stop you from smoking.

BZZT. It's not public air it's the air inside a private building, if you don't want to breathe the air don't go into the building.

If I opened a business and lit incense inside would you argue that I'm forcing everyone (even those who don't enter it) to smell whatever flavor the incense is? Probably not.

You have a right not to enter or work at any bar there is. Imagine that.

Can you argue that point or do you prefer to keep going on and on about health effects?

Last edited:

umm, because it's public? hello!?
:cuckoo:

I already answered your question way back in the thread. Smokers should be able to smoke in their own homes so long as the other people in the home who don't want to breathe the smoke or any children present are not exposed to it. If you rent, it depends on the agreement you have with your landlord. If it's forbidden in the lease you have to honor the aggreement you made.

I don't recall the specifics of the law but basically if you are able to smoke without any of your smoke getting into the other condos, the law should not stop you from smoking.

At this point your are arguing a different issue. I do thank you for publicly admitting that you don't respect private property rights.

Whine long enough and get on the city council you have a good shot at it EZ.

I guess so. She's goes crying to the condo board if my daughter shuts the door "too loud"-yet I can here her fat ass stomping around upstairs, I swear that is why the lighting fixture in my ceiling fell out! I think she does it on purpose!

Maybe I'll take up smoking again and blow it up her ass! :lol:

Smoke in your bedroom-----everyone agrees that what goes on in there is no one else's business. :lol:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

There you go again with your facetious red herrings.

That wasn't the point I was discussing with someone other than you. If you want to jump into a conversation, try and stick to the point, which was...

Is a non smoking bartender affected in any long term way by exposure to second hand smoke?

I was saying that I do not find the evidence convincing. I wasn't saying that it was not true, just that in my mind there was room for doubt. Instantly, that is cause for you to become rabid. You don't provide anything to convince me that your view is correct. You just start screaming.

Oh, and if you want to talk about "holocaust deniers" than maybe it would be appropriate for you to stop behaving like a nazi.

Forum List

Back