Smollett has now been arrested

He never filed a police report. Therefore there was no crime. Do try to keep up.

Um, yes, he did. He also claimed the attack happened in an airport, which is a federally secured area.

But he was white, so when his fraud was discovered... no charges.

I have evidence that no police report was filed....from the police. Where is YOUR evidence that a police report was filed?

He never filed a police report. Therefore there was no crime. Do try to keep up.

Um, yes, he did. He also claimed the attack happened in an airport, which is a federally secured area.

But he was white, so when his fraud was discovered... no charges.

Joe it's going to be fun to watch you dance around because you can't admit you were wrong.

When the police show up because someone says you were assaulted, but you don't want to press charges or file a report, there's nothing they can do. Especially when your apparent attackers are not there. It's all done. They're not going to arrest you, it's over.

You're wrong, Joe.

Joe it's going to be fun to watch you dance around because you can't admit you were wrong.

When the police show up because someone says you were assaulted, but you don't want to press charges or file a report, there's nothing they can do. Especially when your apparent attackers are not there. It's all done. They're not going to arrest you, it's over.

You're wrong, Joe.

Um, actually, they could because Airports are secure facilities... they could have easily charged him with disorderly conduct.

They didn't because- white privilege.

You're wrong, Joe.

Um, actually, they could because Airports are secure facilities... they could have easily charged him with disorderly conduct.

They didn't because- white privilege.

Sure Joe, police can always charge you with anything. They can muster up charges on just about anything at any time, for any reason. But that would have been spurious and they didn't do that.

They didn't throw Downey in jail, however, because he DID NOT file a report. Smollett did. THAT is the big difference between the cases. Not their race. The fact that Smollett knowingly spurred a false case and Downey--being that he has an IQ bigger than his pant size--did not.

Sure Joe, police can always charge you with anything. They can muster up charges on just about anything at any time, for any reason. But that would have been spurious and they didn't do that.

They didn't throw Downey in jail, however, because he DID NOT file a report. Smollett did. THAT is the big difference between the cases. Not their race. The fact that Smollett knowingly spurred a false case and Downey--being that he has an IQ bigger than his pant size--did not.

So white guy fakes a hate incident, gets a pass.

Black guy fakes a hate incident, LET'S THROW THE BOOK AT HIM BECAUSE HE HURT OUR FEELINGS!!!!

Check your privilege, honey.

Black guy fakes a hate incident, LET'S THROW THE BOOK AT HIM BECAUSE HE HURT OUR FEELINGS!!!!

Just admit you were wrong and move on like a man, Joe.

Just admit you were wrong and move on like a man, Joe.

I made my point pretty effectively... you think this guy is in trouble for filing a false police report? Nope. He's in trouble for faking an attack.

It is exactly this kind of irrational thinking that has made you a liberal for 57 astounding years, Joe. I mean that.

Yes indeed, it is EXACTLY why he is in trouble--the filing of a false police report. It's a class 4 felony where you live. Yep. If Smollett were just a little smarter and not called the police, he would not be in near this much trouble.

Those are the facts Joe, and they don't care about your feeeeeeellllings about "white privilege"

Smollett is representative of one of many games that are played. And many many many free passes we do not even begin to know about. We never get the stories and even when there are perceived racial issues in stores, we do not get what went on for weeks, months or longer before a racial charge is bought up. Anyone of course who is guilty to any individual should be dealt with.

Smollett is representative of one of many games that are played. And many many many free passes we do not even begin to know about. We never get the stories and even when there are perceived racial issues in stores, we do not get what went on for weeks, months or longer before a racial charge is bought up. Anyone of course who is guilty to any individual should be dealt with.

But not in these cases. They are pretty clear cut. The airport brought police to Downey's case and he didn't want to file a report, and the attackers were not around. End of story. Smollett brought the police to his situation and he DID file a report. So, there's your difference.

It is exactly this kind of irrational thinking that has made you a liberal for 57 astounding years, Joe. I mean that.

Uh, I've only been a moderate for about 12 years. Before that I was pretty conservative, until my boss fucked over my career and boasted he was so happy he didn't have to deal with a union.

Yes indeed, it is EXACTLY why he is in trouble--the filing of a false police report. It's a class 4 felony where you live. Yep. If Smollett were just a little smarter and not called the police, he would not be in near this much trouble.

Lots of people file false police reports. They are never arrested or prosecuted for it. This is about social outrage that he made the city look bad.

Those are the facts Joe, and they don't care about your feeeeeeellllings about "white privilege"

The fact is, they are dredging up a technicality to go after this black kid for making the city look bad.

Again, which would be fine, except this kid was making $100K an episode and he can afford really good lawyers.

Probably best to cut our losses.

You'd really be better at this if you could string together a coherent thought.

Uh, I've only been a moderate for about 12 years. Before that I was pretty conservative, until my boss fucked over my career and boasted he was so happy he didn't have to deal with a union.

Lots of people file false police reports. They are never arrested or prosecuted for it. This is about social outrage that he made the city look bad.

The fact is, they are dredging up a technicality to go after this black kid for making the city look bad.

Again, which would be fine, except this kid was making $100K an episode and he can afford really good lawyers.

Joe how do you know "lots of people file false police reports and they never get arrested or prosecuted for it"? Or are you just making crap up again?

He's nearly 40 years old, hardly a "kid"

He's nearly 40 years old, hardly a "kid"

Thank you, and do not get me started on the infantalizing of American adults.

My son turns 22 this month and he is not a "kid" in my eyes. He's a man. A young man, for sure, but NOT a kid.

Look everyone---look how the liberals project.

Joe, I bet you have no idea what a real piece of work you are. In fact, I know you do not.

Yeah, I'm sure the first thing you say when a cop pulls you over for speeding is, 'Man, officer, you totally got me... I was totally speeding."

Particularly in a place like CHicago, where the cops are as corrupt as shit.

Forum List

Back